PDA

View Full Version : A Night Owl hits TheSack

toggpine
June 12th, 2014, 04:43 AM
OK, so the clever title phase of this is a loosing battle at this hour.

I have been working on replacing the lining of a bag. It is a over the shoulder bag by 'the Sack'. It looks like crochet or super tight macrame. It was gifted to me 15 years ago at least. I didn't use it right away, but I have for at least 8 to ten of them. The outer material is a khaki colored yarn/string with a slight sheen to it. That stuff has worn like iron. The lining finally gave out by fraying at the seams a year or so ago. I decided to replace the lining instead of chucking the whole thing.
I went and bought some pretty batik fabric for the lining. I took the original lining apart and then it sat there for over a year. my current purse is falling apart, so I decided to get this one finished.

I gently hand washed the outer bag (gee was that thing filthy, but it didn't show) and laid it flat to dry. It looks a few shades lighter now.

I also decided to add a couple of pockets to the liner on the opposite side from the zippered one they originally designed. They will help keep my cell phone, keys, & pens from falling to the bottom. I padded the base with some leftover batting to keep things from 'thunking' when I set my bag down.
I have just a couple of seams left before I see if my great idea will actually work.

I am seriously thinking about constructing a few more purses/bags with different outer cover material if this works out well. Have any of you ever revamped an existing item to make it useful again?

Seeing as it is 12:45AM Pacific, I may call it a night, grab some shut eye, and finish this in a few hours.

MayinJerset
June 12th, 2014, 05:03 AM
Didn't see you out there Cathy, we must have been sitting in different trees. Good Night as I'm also off to bed again, keeping a lookout for any lizards along the way.

Sandy Navas
June 12th, 2014, 10:50 AM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTme7ZiIX5mmeGYsMr4efb7zHzwGdeJ I-b8vbmFSx-iu21k6_2Cg

Busy filling my stomach.

toggpine
June 12th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Um.... Yum?
I think I prefer powdered doughnuts to lizard snacks that late at night. Thanks for that visual Sandy!