PDA

View Full Version : and for the second day in a row......

bubba
June 11th, 2014, 07:14 PM
leaving work again and another cell phone used almost t-boned me!!!! This one was texting and looking down and didn't stop and just thought she could turn left right into me! Either I have to quit going to work, or quit coming home! This is getting downright dangerous! People are out to get Pat.......aye yi yi!!!

Doloris
June 11th, 2014, 07:42 PM
I'm thinking you need to just quit going to work. Tell them you want to live long enough to retire next week. if you don't go to work what will they do? Fire you ?????

bubba
June 11th, 2014, 07:54 PM
That is just what I'm thinking too!!!! Two more weeks, from tomorrow......please let me live!

Vonnie
June 11th, 2014, 08:18 PM
Do you have any vacation days to take? Sick leave?

Doloris
June 11th, 2014, 08:19 PM
I can hear you coughing from here.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 11th, 2014, 08:23 PM
They'll be calling 911 for you! Road idiots!

pcbatiks
June 11th, 2014, 09:15 PM
Pat.......you do look a little pale. Maybe it would be best if you stayed home the next 2 weeks. :D

Too bad we can't call 911 to report cell phone drivers.

KnitWitRosie
June 11th, 2014, 09:22 PM
Pat.......you do look a little pale. Maybe it would be best if you stayed home the next 2 weeks. :D

Too bad we can't call 911 to report cell phone drivers.

Where I live you can call the non-emergency number and give them the license plate number. They pay them a visit and scold 'em. At least that's what happened to my idiot of a neighbor.

bubba
June 11th, 2014, 09:25 PM
Nothing is done here. However, there are officers who stop them if they see them doing it and they get a hefty ticket out of it!! I know if there is an accident and one driver says the other was on the phone that they pull cell phone records to check.

SallyO'Sews
June 11th, 2014, 09:38 PM
Yipes!! Glad you're okay.

Clearly, this is a sign... You need to stay home and quilt more. :icon_happy: