PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Hellos!

Blondie
June 11th, 2014, 06:38 AM

Hello all you Good Looking Folksies!

It is Wednesday once again and June is making it's way through the month. It's the middle of the week and for some people that means they are feeling behind. I am always feeling behind. I don't know why! Perhaps it is because when I was growing up my Mom had ALL the clocks set 5 minutes ahead so that we would never be late. She would look at the clock and exclaim, "Oh my! I'm late! Let's get going". Once I could tell time, it was a different story. Did y'all ever have that thing on the phone where you could call for the correct time? Wellsir, one time I re set all the clock according to that happy voice on the phone said. I was soon banished from doing anything but dusting the clocks from then on.

Speaking of time, I spent a good chunk of the day in the basement getting ready to clean it out. I needing a staging area, so I can check that one off. I did sort through one shelf at the base of the stairs. It is looking better already. I am going to be RUTHLESS. I can do this! And you better believe I WILL. Mom came over yesterday for a few minutes; she left after I showed her some huge garbage bags and told her when I was finished here, her house was next. Oh, Grandma what big eyes you have!

Have a positively marvelous day, everyone. Keep that smile in your heart and it will show on your face.

EmmaB
June 11th, 2014, 07:02 AM
Morning Blondie!!!

You go girl! I wish some of your cleaning juju would rub off on me. My place needs it bad bad bad! One thing about it....it'll still be there when I'm ready.

My best friend's birthday is today and she will be surprised this evening with dinner by me and some of her co-workers. She is 40 today so there will be plenty of fun with that.

Have a great day!!

Madeforyouinma11
June 11th, 2014, 08:00 AM
Good morning all!
Blondie, you know your mom went home to hide everything...LOL
Hubby has no interest in hiding anything from me....not that it would do any good. As long as all his electronic gadgets don't disappear he's happy.
Yesterday was not a total washout like I thought it was going to be. It actually got very humid in the afternoon. The girls and I made a trip to SAMs Club for a few things, Thursday we'll be making a BJ's run. Today I will be taking a break from the decluttering and get out in the garden. All this rain has produced a fair amount of weeds that need to be taken care of.
Well, off to get another cup, finish my reading and then start my day. Hope it's a good one for all of you!

Bubby
June 11th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Morning,

I cancelled my plans for going to Cuba yesterday because it started storming really bad here and also in Cuba. I didn't want to be on the road with high winds and pouring rain. Maybe tomorrow. Jeff has to work a double today.

I'm working on the binding on the You've Got Mail quilt. It may get finished today.

I need to turn off now...it's starting to storm again. Will check in later.

Wishing everyone a great day....

Monique
June 11th, 2014, 08:13 AM
Good morning friends. It is indeed a beautiful sunny morning here although showers are expected later today. The ground does need a soaking.

Yesterday I worked at getting some blocks organized to take with me to the retreat tomorrow. One more block to make. Most of the blocks were 12.5" square and some were not. I had to make about 7 to replace the ones I could not use. But all is not lost, I can use those blocks in another project.

So today I will pack and have everything ready to go for the morning, bright and early.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Andrea F
June 11th, 2014, 08:17 AM
Good morning ladies. Our place could use some deep cleaning and decluttering as well and now that I have these unexpected free days I should get it going. But I can't convince myself to get started. DH came back home this morning (it's 1 pm here) after spending three hours on the highway and not getting very far and the boys are both home too. The trains don't move a lot either because of the severe storms we had two nights ago. Trees are lying everywhere, streets and rails have not been cleaned up completely. Some schools are closed due to damaged buildings and roofs. The storm last night wasn't as bad but there is more to come during the coming nights. I thought about going back to work early but since I can't get there I am going to take it easy for the rest of the week and enjoy my time at home.

Hope you all have a wonderful day full of joy and lots of smiles! Hugs to everyone who wants some :)

Mpyles
June 11th, 2014, 08:18 AM
Good morning!

Everyone have a great day!

Navy Wife
June 11th, 2014, 08:47 AM
It's a cloudy, cool day here after rain and wind last night. I'm hoping the rain keeps coming as we have been really dry. I'm staying home today. I have to do some laundry and get the house cleaned as I finish packing the RV. It's mostly done, so shouldn't be a big job. DH is taking cars in for service and getting all the RV systems ready. It sure takes a lot of work to get on the road!

I'm getting excited about our trip. I get to go to Hancocks of Paducah and stay as long as I want to! Better get back to work!

Have a great day!

Linda

GrammaBabs
June 11th, 2014, 09:05 AM
AH,, cleaning.. my worst nightmare... just about keep up with bathrooms and kitchen after I cook supper.. ( I love to cook , but NOT the finish up part)!
Sewing room is beginning to look a bit "familiar" but I'm cranking out all sorts of stuff so I forgive myself..
I have to finish more embroideries, and then get crackin' on memory pillows, commissioned for in FL... (promised I'd never do this again, but after chatting with the widow,,, just could not refuse... it's the giving back that gets to me... I'm so very blessed in life and feel I need to be greatful and share... so that box will be opened and tackled very soon...If I have time before Friday i'll snap a picture of all the "loot" I'm giving to Sis to sell for a little added income..
Today we are going up to DH's Sister's to help her get her pool filter going.. I shamed him into going there... he's happy he's not doing this stuff anymore living here in the "community".. but hey,,, his Sis is not getting any younger and she has no MAN for help.. and heck if he can play softball and mow (when not necessary).. he can help his Sis out... His Mom is looking down saying" Thank You Billy".. your a good boy!!!! :)B
Hugs to all, and have a good rest of week!!!

MRoy
June 11th, 2014, 09:08 AM
Good morning! It's a rainy day here too. This would be a good day for napping. I'm heading for the sewing studio shortly to finish the extra bow tie blocks that I need. Have a great day!

Sandy Navas
June 11th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Good Morning everyone - thanks for all the hugs and good wishes. I need them!!

Wouldn't it be nice, with all of us getting in the decluttering mood, if we could flit from one home to another and just whip through all the excess baggage we've all squirreled away and cleanse our environments? (That includes the errant weeds in the gardens, too). You know what's strange? One of my 'hobbies' or self-indulgent joys used to be scouring through thrift and junk stores - oh, so much fun to be had. However, the last time my BFF was here we went into a couple thrift stores and I came out empty handed. I do, however, remember looking around in one of them and the thought that crossed my mind was "how much waste" there is in this world - I saw all kinds of promotional items, all kinds of gimmicky things, poor quality devices and it hit home that I didn't need any of it and I've wasted a lifetime of income to enhance the bank accounts of big business. Would that the world got back to it's roots, oh, the purity of it all.

Off my soap box. Got places to go, things to do . . .

Prayers needed for a friend (Carolyn) whom I've known all my life - she's diabetic and is experiencing all kinds of internal shut-downs. She isn't faring well at all.

Mom23
June 11th, 2014, 09:31 AM
OK Blondie, you are going to shame me into going into the deep cresses of our storage room and doing some serious cleaning. I keep our house pretty much decluttered but the storage room is a wreck. That is where my husband stores his hunting clothes and he's not a very neat and tidy person. Not today though, lots on my calendar.

I hope Sherri had a good showing on her house yesterday. I said little prayers throughout the day and sat down to pray two rosaries. I didn't quite make it through rosary #2 as I fell asleep. Should have never done that because I couldn't sleep last night.

I'm working on a challenge quilt for our guild that can't be more than 200 inches in total. We have to use a star pattern so I decided to make a quilt for my nephew in the military. Well, 200 inches isn't very much. I'm losing interest because the quilt is going to just be a table topper. I'm ashamed to say as I've lost interest I've also lost accuracy, I just want it done.

Have a great day!

Racing Nana
June 11th, 2014, 09:41 AM
No Blondie, I don't feel beautiful today.

Elephant sitting on my chest and tissue hanging out of one nostril. My sinus cavities are having a Woodstock revival and so....beautiful ummmmmm no.

I need to get a skirt done for a fitting by tomorrow, but keeping my head down as I have some frogging to do is going to be a challenge.

I have decided not to look in the mirror right now as that would probably send me into a tail spin.

But for all the rest of you out there, enjoy today and look forward to tomorrow.

MayinJerset
June 11th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Blondie, Look what you started, you have motivated many to attack long neglected closets and basements. Tons of usable stuff is winging its way to someone/place where it can be used and junk is going to the dump. Lots of grass mowing and weeding going on also. All that activity is making me feel as if I'm lazy as all I did extra yesterday was clean my oven, and I have a self cleaning oven! Threw in the BBQ rack while I was at. Of course that lead to a major range and microwave cleaning and now all the cooking equipment is Good to Go.

I've been clearing out here too but nothing major. Today I'll continue trying to clear out some stash, have 3 doll quilts in the works. Raining and dreary again so it's perfect weather for sewing. Also need to finish getting upstairs ready for DS#3 and kids' weekend visit. The bathroom and my sewing/guest room is all done but the other bedroom that DH uses for his photo stuff needs work. Will get him going to clean it up as he has something on every flat surface, the bed included.

Hope the bad storms here and in Europe are over with, so much damage to homes and lives.

BellasQuilts
June 11th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Good morning. Staying home again to work today. Too many interruptions at work to get this project done. Should be warm and sunny today. We could use any rain you want to share! We are going to paint the inside of the house. Got a bid for $6,000; DH said no way, so it will be up to us. Hope our shoulders and arms hold out. It will get done, but it will take a lot longer. Going to get closet organizer systems for two closets. What we have now was home made and it is falling apart. Carpet is going too. Yay!

Blondie, I will be purging too as we paint each room. I love being organized with a spot for everything. I detest clutter. So much so I went through my scrap box and cut up all the scraps into squares or strips. Now my fabric bins are neat and tidy and labelled.

Hugs to all and hope you have a stellar day!

shermur
June 11th, 2014, 12:35 PM
I hope Sherri had a good showing on her house yesterday. I said little prayers throughout the day and sat down to pray two rosaries. I didn't quite make it through rosary #2 as I fell asleep. Should have never done that because I couldn't sleep last night.

Robin:
No, after the tiresome cleaning up of all the rain water in the basement, the showing appointment cancelled and I had to turn another showing down as the basement was not quite dry. I did one thing that was suggested....St. Joseph figurine was buried upside down facing the house yesterday afternoon! I don't know if it will help or not...I read good responses that it does work?

toggpine
June 11th, 2014, 12:55 PM
Well - I can move today! So that is beautiful!

I have a batch of cheese doing it's thing. I'll check in another hour or so to see if it's ready for the curds to be drained. Yum!

I will do a bit of sewing this morning and then work outside for a while. I just move from spot to spot following the shade. For some reason this spring, my arms are going all itchy if I get sun on them. Sunscreen helps marginally.

I had better get that batch of hummingbird nectar made as they are all zooming the empty feeders.
Have a great day!

BobW
June 11th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Blondie, I gave my house a good cleaning two weeks ago. I feel your pain. I'm down to closets to go through to clear out stuff that I don't want or need any more. One closet I haven't used much of anything out of it in four years so it should be easy to empty out.

I've been married twice, the first time for 5 years and the second for 22 years. My first MIL was a unhappy person and did her best to bring everyone to her level. She would tell people who visited her home that "I didn't clean so if you came looking for dirt it is easy for you find and we can get right to the visiting." My second MIL, was one of those people who any meal she served could have been photographed for the cover of Better Homes and Gardens. Her home was immaculate at all times. Everything had it's place and it darn well better be there.

I hope everyone has a good Wednesday and if you are in an area that is having storms I hope you are all safe.

quiltingtrish
June 11th, 2014, 09:45 PM
A dreary day here with lots of fog rolling in tonight. I hope the storms that are predicted blow the fog away in the morning so I can get to work. This summer job is going to make my brain work in overtime. I worked at this place 2 summers ago for 2 weeks as a fill-in. It was basically just answer the phones and schedule some work orders. This time it's that plus record information in quickbooks, write some checks, deal with invoices and receipts and oh dear - it will be a challenge that I don't screw anything up while the gal is off for 6 weeks. I watched her today and tried to write stuff down as we went along but she went so fast that I suggested tomorrow I sit at her desk and do everything, writing it down as I go along. She is so sweet and agreed. Thank goodness.

Cleaning out stuff - I did do my annual paper purge. Got lots of it burned and the rest filed properly. I never like that job. Also got the kitchen finished and reorganized the storage area of the basement. I like having things where they are supposed to be when I can.

Ya'll have a great evening!