PDA

View Full Version : Hoot At the Moon!

toggpine
June 11th, 2014, 03:33 AM
It's mostly clear here tonight and the moon is well on it's way to full! Any other Night Owls up & about?

I mowed most of the farm today. I have some left behind the barn that should really be done with a weedeater. IF hubby would ever take the darned thing in to have the fuel line fixed!
So now I'm up with aching knees and the typing seems to be helping my hand cramps. At least the place looks better though. All of the weeds and long grass were really starting to bug me. If I can walk tomorrow I have some weeding to get back to. Or I could give goats hair cuts. Or I could deep scrub the bathrooms. Or I could....

Hey I could chuck the list out the window and just sew! OK, I will need to do morning chores and make some more hummingbird nectar, but after that, I'm good.

Anybody else ever just chuck it all and do what you want once in a while?

rebeccas-sewing
June 11th, 2014, 03:45 AM
I'm noticing that I'm doing chucking it more as I get older. Somehow, all the things that seemed so important when I was young aren't as important to me now. It's a good thing to relax. I find I'm doing more of a little rather than a lot. It all still gets done. Just not as quickly as it used to and that's okay with me. Life is short. It's important to spend more time doing the things we enjoy.

stationarymom
June 11th, 2014, 03:45 AM
I hope you feel better tomorrow.Maybe you should wait til then to decide which chores to do from your list.

pcbatiks
June 11th, 2014, 03:51 AM
I'm up too. Cathy....it sounds like you worked yourself silly today. I was going to mow our neighbors yard today but we had heavy rains this morning. I clicked on a youtube link that someone posted awhile ago........next thing you know.......I'm looking at the videos of the International Quilts Shows!

MayinJerset
June 11th, 2014, 05:25 AM
I'm here Hooting back at you although it looks as if the rest of the owls are napping now at 4am.

Cathy you have worn yourself out so take a rest tomorrow and give your aching hands and knees a rest. I shouldn't talk because when I was younger I was just like you scans the goats. But now that I'm a Night Owl things like tall grass and weeds don't bother me a bit because I can't see them when I'm awake during the night.

Hulamoon
June 11th, 2014, 06:17 AM
It's 11:15 and feeling heartsick. I dropped off a bunch of my dd's stuff at her house today .Gave the doggie a bone. They all come home tomorrow and I don't know what I'm going to say or deal with them all.

EmmaB
June 11th, 2014, 07:20 AM
I'm with Rebecca. Things that seemed so important to me 10 years ago now get put to the side. But I do get in a frenzy sometimes and everything has to get done at one time!!!

MayinJerset
June 11th, 2014, 09:31 AM
It's 11:15 and feeling heartsick. I dropped off a bunch of my dd's stuff at her house today .Gave the doggie a bone. They all come home tomorrow and I don't know what I'm going to say or deal with them all.

Good thoughts going your way today. May

Mom23
June 11th, 2014, 09:36 AM
It will be uncomfortable for all of you. Good luck to you today and hold your head high!

EmmaB
June 11th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Hope things go well Hulamoon!!! That bunch of stuff you dropped off at your DD's did it come from your house by chance?

Mpyles
June 11th, 2014, 11:26 AM

Sometimes silence speaks louder than words.

Hulamoon
June 11th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Hope things go well Hulamoon!!! That bunch of stuff you dropped off at your DD's did it come from your house by chance?

Yeah ,I picked up some boxes and cleaned out her room as much as would fit in my little car.She has a ton of pottery she did but I'm going to put it in the garden shed.She doesn't have the room for it. I didn't feel much better after, my dh's truck was in the driveway, so I was wondering how long this was in the planning.

Thanks for being so supportive :)

pcbatiks
June 11th, 2014, 12:33 PM
Thinking of you, Lorie. As hard as this is.......remember to take the high road. Hugs to you.

toggpine
June 11th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Lorie, I'm just catching up with the tent business. Somehow I missed it. I am so sad for you! Then I'm pissed.

I'd have had a good chucking out of stuff, and either had a yard sale or made several trips to Goodwill. Although it does sound like you cleared out DD's stuff from her room.
I hope you called an attorney for advice on how to proceed and protect yourself. Remember to mention he left the house of his own accord, and you never asked him to leave.
Then a realtor for a value on the property such as it is. Make sure you ask about just the property alone, separate from the house so you have a value for both. If the house is unfinished and would take a lot of work, the property might be more valuable without it. If you paid for most of the stuff in the house and you have credit card statements and payment records from the bank, you may end up with more.
Seeing as he's not actually living in the house, he'll not realize that you are packing up your stuff. If you can use it in CA, then keep it and pack it. If you bought it, you have the right to sell it if it's not making the trip.

I am so sorry that this is what you have to deal with. I'm not sure what I'd say when they got home.
Big hugs for you!

bubba
June 11th, 2014, 01:50 PM
You lost me at goat haircuts......

toggpine
June 11th, 2014, 03:02 PM
Pat, they grow out long hair coats to keep warm in the winter. They will eventually rub/shed most of it off by late summer.
Until they do, they look scruffy and want to full-body rub down all of the fence lines. This is not good for my fences and I'm not happy seeing them all hot and itchy. In about an hour per goat (depending on their level of cooperation), I can give them a full body clip. Usually followed by a bath which they hate more than being clipped.
It's a dirty, hairy process and I usually sacrifice one old bra to the event annually, because goat hair doesn't wash out well. If you have ever had poor haircut and ended up with trimmings stuck in your shirt collar, well, you can imagine.