PDA

View Full Version : Goodness!!!

bubba
June 10th, 2014, 07:28 PM
I really don't like when people think they can turn left in front of you across traffic from 30' or less away when you are going 30mph!!!!! I thought I was going to die! Thank goodness for good brakes and loud horns! Please don't drive and talk on your cell phone....you could kill me!

Doloris
June 10th, 2014, 07:40 PM
glad everyone is ok. Defensive driving is the most important thing we learned. Now to teach NO CELL PHONES!!!!! wish they would become disabled when you turned the car on.

Sandy Navas
June 10th, 2014, 07:52 PM
Did you see the post that Familyjournals posted this morning? WOW.

Wake up, people.

Pat I am so glad that you are safe, though it sounds as if you may need new brakes and a horn check up. People are so selfish now that they have no concerns for others in their wake. Did you get a license number?

bubba
June 10th, 2014, 08:02 PM
No I did not get her lic #....I was too busy trying not to poop my pants!

Hulamoon
June 10th, 2014, 08:03 PM
That was a great video. What's so important?

Glad your safe and I know what you mean. I live in a pretty country area, but no one uses their blinkers!

KnitWitRosie
June 10th, 2014, 08:24 PM
OMG!! That's exactly what happened to Hubby back in January!!!

That's our Jeep on the left. Some kid was coming from the opposite direction and tried to beat Hubby thru the light. Claims he "didn't know he needed to yield to oncoming traffic"!!! Seriously... That's what he told the cops and the insurance company. Fortunately, no one was hurt... But it caused $6500 damage to our Newly paid-off Jeep. His insurance paid 100% and we got a loaner, but it took 5 weeks for us to get it back from the shop.

Really crummy part... Pre-accident value = $9500. Post-accident value = $6000 :-(

WendyI
June 10th, 2014, 09:34 PM
bad drivers drive me bonkers!!! So glad you are safe!!

BellasQuilts
June 10th, 2014, 10:01 PM
Yup, saw a lady the other day - chatting away and drove right through a red light. Never tapped her brakes. So glad that no one was coming the other direction. She would have been a pancake and it would have been her fault. Put the **** phones down!!!!

Judy, USMC
June 10th, 2014, 10:03 PM
If you have travel plans that involve driving down south you may want to avoid North Carolina.

Drivers over 18 who are not operating a bus can talk on a phone ... texting is prohibited. Makes driving a real experience every day!

ilive2craft2
June 10th, 2014, 10:11 PM
Here in IL, they have outlawed talking on a cell phone while driving, unless it is hands free - definitely no texting while driving. Still see both happening every day.....and now they are holding the phone funny, so that they aren't seen with it.......So many accidents caused by this.

Saw this on facebook today These People Whip Out Their Phones In A Movie Theater. They Never Saw It Coming! | SF Globe (http://sfglobe.com/?id=951&src=share_fb_new_951)

Momofmonsters5
June 10th, 2014, 10:30 PM
That's why my phone is blue toothed to my car! I do everything from my steering wheel.

Genny
June 10th, 2014, 11:24 PM
Here's a good one for ya...my husband was at a stop light in his dump truck behind a cop in his squad car...the cop was talking on the cell phone and didn't even notice the red light turned to green and set clear thru it until the light turned red again...he didn't even notice!!! My husband said he wanted to honk to let the cop know that the light had turned but figured it would make him mad. If the police are abusing the cel phones then there very little hope that anything will be done to change how people use them.

pcbatiks
June 10th, 2014, 11:40 PM
Pat...........this would probably be the same people that will make a left turn from a side road.....across in front of you when you slow down on the main road to make a left turn. It happened to me & my mom this weekend. I slowed down to make a left turn onto a cross street and a fool on the right hand side of the cross street took that as her opportunity to pull out across in front of me to make her left turn. Fortunately..........for some reason I just felt like I needed to keep an eye on her before I turned............good thing I did we would have hit each other.

There really should be a way to disable phones while the car is running!

marytfnp
June 10th, 2014, 11:59 PM
I saw this video today, it is worth the 1:23.. powerful.
and YES put the phone away while driving

Volkswagen's Brilliant Ad To Make You Stop Texting While Driving | Gizmodo Australia (http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2014/06/volkswagen-just-made-the-best-ad-to-make-you-stop-texting-while-driving/)

stationarymom
June 11th, 2014, 03:11 AM
I'm glad you are safe and I also wish someone could come up with a way to disable the drivers ability to receive cell phone use. If they can figure out how to make a car fly they should be able to stop a signal from getting to the driver's phone while the car is running.

Dragonfly
June 11th, 2014, 06:21 AM
I was about to post a link to the Volkswagen ad as well, it is something more people should be subjected to. Of course the greatest impact was because no one knew what was happening but a powerful message, it's worth watching.

Iris Girl
June 11th, 2014, 06:29 AM
so glad you are ok. I had a similar experience and came close to T-boning an idiot driver. As we both sat side by side in the 2 turning lanes to the mall, one which would go right one left inside the mall. The light turned green and I was on the inside lane to go left in the mall to work . the other car on the outside lane should have been going right in the mall... nope they decided the that was the lane to do a U-turn from... straight in front of me. I narrowly missed them. Not sure if they were on the phone or just an idiot. I was a bit shaken when I got down to work.