PDA

View Full Version : Quilt "Tags"

Sandy Navas
July 1st, 2011, 01:44 PM
Found another site with quilt labels. These are all .pdf files. If you are printing your quilt tag on fabric sheets, you should be able to print as-is. If you are printing your quilt tag on iron-on transfer paper, you need to make sure to choose “mirror image” to print your quilt tag. There are quite a few labels here with a variety of topics. Enjoy!!

http://quilttags.com/

Granny Judy
July 1st, 2011, 02:28 PM
I looked thru them all and how neat. Thank you for the link up. I may need one if I ever get the quilts on my list done. I was thinking of Christmas gifts, now I just think of getting one or two done before Christmas.

bakermom
July 1st, 2011, 02:59 PM
Those are nice. thanks for sharing with us.

LanaMonteith
July 1st, 2011, 05:27 PM
Thanks Sandy, you always have the answer!!!!

Chris48
July 3rd, 2011, 12:37 PM
Thanks, Sandy! I need to make a baby blanket as a shower gift. Has anyone tried printing on satin? I thinking about trying the freezer paper method, has anyone had any luck making label this way? Chris

karenchi
July 8th, 2011, 11:04 PM
I do machine embroidered quilt labels if anyone wants information and sample pics, please email me or leave a message here.

Thanks
Karen

brook
August 22nd, 2011, 12:10 AM
I've never done this before. when you print these, do you have the option of typing in the name,date etc.. Or do you write it in by hand?

Txgrandma
August 22nd, 2011, 04:14 AM
brook here is a website you can go to. If you have an inkjet printer you can actually type in what you want and print it on fabric. There are certain inkjet printers they recommend you don't use. http://quiltbug.com/articles/photos.htm
I have printed two from my printer, and I let them dry for about 48 hours and when I rinsed them in water as directed there was no inky color in the water. The fabric package said to rinse in clear water till it ran clear. I got the package of fabric at Joann's and they had several different ones to choose from.

a1angiem
August 22nd, 2011, 02:38 PM
I made my own labels using the Printed Treasures and my 'scrapbooking'/photo software from Creative Memories (StoryBook Creator 3.0)...I used the digital 'paper' print that worked with the colours in each of my quilts and then 'wrote' on them digitally using different fonts and quotes provided with the scrapbooking artwork. I personalized each one for my girls and then on the label for my own quilt I put a quote about family and a photo of my hubby and kids. I like being able to customize and personalize the labels for each project.