• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blondie
    Missouri Star
    • May 2010

Tuesday is always a good day to smile

Happy Tuesday folksies!

Looks like the beginning of another wonderful day here on The Hill. I think my most favorite time of day is Sunrise, followed closely by Sunset. Years ago when the kids were little, my favorite time was nap time. When I was working 10 hours a day behind the chair, it was anytime I got to sit down. But now? Sunrise, Sunset. Oh, why did I say that? Now, I will have that song from Fidler in my head all day. Quick, get me another coffee, Sandy. If I have to have a song in my head, I will choose instead that song "I'm yours" by Jason Mraz. I will always, always, always love that song. Let me tell you why:

A few years ago when Mom was in the middle of what everyone, including the dr's, thought was dying, I was in the middle of writing on my blog. I used to have a music playlist on there. One of the songs was I'm Yours. My DD had left her laptop at Mom's by accident, so, I was happy as a clam, eluding reality during the middle of the night, mostly listening to the playlist. When that finished playing, my Mom, looking every inch like the Princess and The Pea, called out, "Can you play that song again?" "Sure", I replied. "What about that song do you like?" Her answer? "Oh, I don't know. It makes me feel like I am young again and on vacation. And I'm yours and you are mine." She doesn't remember that today, but, I will never forget that sweet moment or that song. So, yeah, I'll have that song stuck in my head today.

Now, if that song doesn't make you SMILE, I will think you are almost a lost cause. So, SMILE!
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

• shermur
    Missouri Star
    • Mar 2013

Re: Tuesday is always a good day to smile

Mornin', Blondie! Great song!
    Although, I am not smiling today; I will have to call into work this morning. Why, you ask? It has rained since yesterday afternoon and the ground is so saturated the sump pump in the basement cannot keep up and there is water in 3 different areas of the basement floor. Hubby is in Arkansas and I can't find the hose attachment to the shop vac, so I'm trying to suck up water with my carpet steam cleaner. Slow go! Oh, and we're supposed to have s house showing later today...go figure, right?
    It's times like this I want to be with hubby and away from this complicated house and start our new family life. I hope it stops raining soon.....
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

• Bubby
      Missouri Star
      • Jun 2011

Morning Blondie,

I love starting the day with music....loved it! That tune makes me want to sing and dance.

I'm going to Cuba to work alone today. It will be a long day, but it's necessary. We have tenants moving in this weekend so we're under the gun.

The fabric for the binding on the You've Got Mail quilt came yesterday, but it will be several days before I have time to work with it.

Wishing everyone a blessed day....
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• HandsomeRyan
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2013

Morning all,

Sherri- Sorry to hear about your flooding. Our basement floods when we get heavy rains sometimes too. Never a fun time.

Barb- Bring us back some of those expensive hand-rolled cigars. ...oh, not that Cuba...?

We drove home from Tennessee yesterday. It took about 10 hours because of traffic and the baby but was otherwise uneventful. We had a nice visit with the g-parents. Here is a picture of me and my mom and of course, Little Man.

Here is mom and baby asleep on my mom's couch. Being cute is apparently very tiring...
        Loosely based on a true story.

Comment

• Monique
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2011

Good morning friends. Another sunny day today but the rains are a coming. My retreat is Thursday-Sunday and I don't care if it rains. Laundry today and start gathering my stuff to take.

Yesterday after work, I went shopping for notaries. HOLY SMOLY they charge an arm and a leg.

I got my plant planted, but I did not take the tag off yet.

So that is my day.

Have a wonderful day friends.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• Monique
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2011

Ryan I don't know why there is no LIKE button on your post, but I LIKE.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• rebeccas-sewing
              Missouri Star
              • Apr 2010

Cute photos. It's pretty clear who you and your little one resemble.
              Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

• Navy Wife
                Missouri Star
                • Dec 2013

Good morning all. I'm up earlier than usual so I can start loading the motorhome before the heat hits. I can turn on the A/C while I'm putting things away, but I have to be outside to get everything from the house out to the garage.

It looks like Tennessee sunshine agrees with Little Man, Ryan. He is so cuddly. Makes me wish my great grands were a little closer. I will get to cuddle the 9 month old in a few weeks.

Have a great day everyone!

Linda

Comment

• Mpyles
                  Missouri Star
                  • Feb 2013

Good morning!!
                  Great song!!
                  Great photos!

Everyone have a good day!!
                  Mary
                  SW Missouri

Comment

• MRoy
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jul 2011

Good morning! Ryan, it's easy to see that Sawyer knows what a camera is...great photo! Nothing exciting going on here. Looking forward to a quiet day. Sherri, my basement leaks during heavy rains so I understand what you're dealing with. I hope everyone has a good Tuesday!
                    *~* Myrna *~*
                    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

• Iris Girl
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jan 2013

Just popping in quickly to say Have a great day!. Ryan that little man is very handsome! Looks raining and cloudy here. No matter off to work. Did some quilting on my UFO for the month which are quilts for PICU group. Hugs for all the want them.
                      sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                      Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                      Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Madeforyouinma11
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jul 2012

Great song Blondie.
                        Sherri, when my ex hubby and I sold our house, it too used to get water in the basement. We had lots of rain and of course lots of water the night before a showing. We spent the whole night sucking up water and running fans to dry everything out. When they came through, it was dry as a bone. Lots of work, and can be very stressful, so I know what you're going through. Hang in there, it'll all work out.
                        Ryan, Sawyer is a little ham in front of the camera...LOL he is such a cutie and getting so big!
                        Well, rain here today so I'll be doing some errands. I need to get out to the vegetable garden and do some much needed weeding. Tomorrow is going to be a better day for that.
                        Well, not much going on here, just lots of cleaning and de cluttering.
                        Hope everyone has a great day!
                        Cil
                        A quilt is a blanket of love
                        http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
                        http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

• aliaslaceygreen
                          Missouri Star
                          • Jan 2012

Good morning! Surfacing for a minute to check in and say hello! I am trying to finish reading a book because book 8 of the Outlander series has downloaded onto my Nook overnight and I will go back to being MIA till I finish it!

((((((((((((((Hugs to all))))))))))))))))
                          ...Trish

(I'm sarcastic. Breathe deeply, then laugh...)

my blog-- http://www.aliaslaceygreen.com my photos --- http://www.rteest42.com

Comment

• Sandy Navas
                            Missouri Star
                            • Dec 2010

Sending up armloads and bushels of prayers for Sherri. Sure hope she can sell that place and get her life back on an even keel. Hugs, my dear friend.

I can't believe how much Sawyer has grown. I'll bet his grandmother is having fits because she's not closer. Nothing more dear than seeing grand kids grow.

Did a bunch of stitching yesterday. I'm finally getting my green quilt put together!!! Doing a pattern called Black and White Delight - designed for three fabrics with emphasis on B&W - but I'm using all greens. I can't believe how much I'm enjoying this. It's the first quilt I've done that is just for MOI. I am about halfway through with the 12" blocks - anticipate 36 to 42 total.

Al began putting a fresh coat of sealer on the deck yesterday - I caught glimpses of him up and down on the ladder as he was coating the railings. Of course it rained again last night. We are wondering how long it is going to take before the yard is dry enough so the tree clean-up crews can get their trucks and chippers in.

Today I am hoping to continue some stitching away . . . and while I'm at it I'll be thinking and praying for all my forum friends in need.

Help us do today the things that matter, not to waste the time we have.
                            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• Andrea F
                              Missouri Star
                              • Apr 2013

Good morning to all of you! It's already 2:30 pm here and I'm still tired. The weekend was very exhausting, my sister and I travelled to NY and back in three days, we had to cut our trip very short and very unexpectedly. (Nobody is ill, just bad karma.)
                              Sorry to hear about the water in your basement, Sherri. We sometimes have some water in our basement too if the wind comes in a bad angle pushing the rain behind the isolation and it's really a bummer. Hope you get it all out and dry quickly.
                              The sun is shining here after a night with a short but severe thunderstorm in our area. A big branch got ripped of a tree and fell on DH's car and made a big dent in the front lid and car wing. Fortunately, the insurance is going to cover for the damage.
                              I'm going to spend the rest of the day with sewing therapy and probably most of the coming week.
                              Have a great day everybody!

Comment

Working...
                              X