PDA

View Full Version : Oh My

Doloris
June 9th, 2014, 06:58 PM
DH and I went out to dinner at the OutBack Restaurant, where I had French onion soup and an 8 oz filet with baked sweet potato. Was yummy. Then instead of turning right to get on the expressway to head home, he turned left and took me to Kohls. He told me to pick out a couple new shirts. Since I have lost 50 lbs I have been replacing all my clothes, but I usually go to the thrift stores to do so. He picked out some button front shirts that he liked, and I liked them too. They were $36, on sale for $25. (remember I am used to thrift store prices.) We picked out 2, and then found another that I liked, and I told him to pick 2 of the 3 that he liked. He said "Just get them all"

He spent $75 on 3 shirts. I am soo happy that he is soo good to me. He knows I never spend much on clothes for me.

Sylvia H
June 9th, 2014, 07:02 PM
Congratulations on the weight loss! What a lovely evening you had, and the shirts look great.

Midge
June 9th, 2014, 07:41 PM
You have a keeper there Doloris! Cute shirts, too. I love Kohl's sales. The prices can get really ridiculous. And I love the Wednesday senior citizen discount. (Never thought I would say that, but it's true.)

sewbizzy
June 9th, 2014, 08:00 PM
So happy for you and the weight loss...I have several Kohl's blouses and I always get compliments on them...

Doloris
June 9th, 2014, 08:04 PM
You have a keeper there Doloris! Cute shirts, too. I love Kohl's sales. The prices can get really ridiculous. And I love the Wednesday senior citizen discount. (Never thought I would say that, but it's true.)

Senior discount Wednesday??????? :icon_mooooh: I didn't know about that

Bubby
June 9th, 2014, 08:20 PM
Your weight loss is awesome and you deserve something new to wear. They are the style I like!

pcbatiks
June 9th, 2014, 08:27 PM
Congrats on the weight loss! Good for you and the new clothes!

songbird857
June 9th, 2014, 08:48 PM
Congrats - 50 lbs is quite an accomplishment! I love Kohls :)

marytfnp
June 10th, 2014, 12:16 AM
How wonderful that you have lost 50 pounds!!

maxwellthecat
June 10th, 2014, 02:02 AM
Congratulations on such a beautiful weight loss and I also love your shirts. Your DH is a keeper. How did you lose the weight?

stationarymom
June 10th, 2014, 02:18 AM
Congratulations! on your weight loss. that is quite the accomplishment.
do you want to share any tips?

carolynrae
June 10th, 2014, 02:33 AM
Congratulations on loosing the weight and what a thoughtful husband. He is a keeper!

Blondie
June 10th, 2014, 07:11 AM
congrats on your good taste - in hubs and clothes. Also on your weight loss.

rebeccas-sewing
June 10th, 2014, 07:15 AM
You deserve it, Doloris. Enjoy your new clothes and feeling like a million bucks.

Monique
June 10th, 2014, 07:48 AM
Good for you.

Mom23
June 10th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Aww, what a sweetie You deserve three new shirt. Congratulations to you on your weight loss.!

SallyO'Sews
June 10th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Nice job on the clothing selections... and on selecting your DH! :lol:

Wow - 50 pounds is a great accomplishment; I'm among those who could sure use some inspiration and tips!

Vonnie
June 10th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Congratulations on the weight loss! Your husband sounds like a keeper!

ozziepuppy
June 10th, 2014, 11:58 AM
Congratulations! I like the shirts, too!

Didn't know about the Wednesday discount for senior citizens--wonder if that is everywhere or a local decision? Hmm, maybe I should check that out. Seems like many of my tops are getting kind of worn out; would be nice to get a few new ones!

auntiemern
June 10th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Congrats on all fronts....Weight loss, DH, and beautiful blouses. I know how hard it is to overcome 2 of the 3.
I need to lose at least 40 of what I gained, and I too buy alot of my clothes at thrift stores. It is just hard not to. It's not that we can't afford it, I just hate paying full price for anything. I have bought so much new stuff with the tags still on.

Gina
June 10th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Congratulations on the weight loss! That is a special man you have too!