PDA

View Full Version : This has nothing to do with quilting other than I wasted time I could have been quilting.

BobW
June 9th, 2014, 04:44 PM
I'm feeling under the weather today and so I'm not very energetic. I have been flipping through the TV channels and watched an episode of Law and Order SVU. It rolled over to Jerry Springer. OMG, the people that go on this show are none other than train wrecks.

I have decided it is safe to say if someone asks you to be on the Jerry Springer Show to tell you something, it is going to be bad news! No one ever goes on this show that aren't cheating, lying and probably even worse.

So if your significant other asks you to go on Springer, RUN DO NOT WALK the other way as fast as you can.

Hulamoon
June 9th, 2014, 04:48 PM
There was an article I read several years ago that people try to get on the show just to be on tv and most of it is fake. Yeah, you should of been quilting. lol

K. McEuen
June 9th, 2014, 04:50 PM
Yeah, that's an hour of your life you will never get back ...

SoozG
June 9th, 2014, 04:57 PM
LoL run do not walk!

Auntpiggylpn
June 9th, 2014, 05:15 PM
There was an article I read several years ago that people try to get on the show just to be on tv and most of it is fake. Yeah, you should of been quilting. lol

One of my good girlfriend's neighbors were on the show. It was the mother and daughter and yes, for the most part it is all staged. The shows producers & writers tell the "guests" what to say and how to react.

KnitWitRosie
June 9th, 2014, 05:18 PM
I used to watch that show when I was in HS (14 + years ago) and found it funny. Now I find it quite pathetic that those people would want to go on national TV and make fools out of themselves... even if it is staged and fake. I'm sure they're doing it for the money that I'm pretty sure all the guests get paid for appearing.

Now Judge Judy on the other hand.... my secret obsession :D

JCY
June 9th, 2014, 09:53 PM
Bob, Did you get your nap in the recliner today? Take is easy today. Maybe tomorrow will be more productive. JCY

MayinJerset
June 9th, 2014, 10:45 PM
SnoozG, See that you live in Irvine, CA - one of my sons used to work in Irvine and we would meet him at The Hat a lunch of a great big hot pastrami sandwich and a big bag of fries.

tamsterg7
June 10th, 2014, 12:11 AM
I just found out that Springer is ALL staged and they are paid! My friend at work told us this because her niece and boyfriend were paid to be on. It is all scripted, and they each received $500, pluse travel expenses and lodging. They live in OH and figured it was a free vacation. Oh to be young , adventurous and not worried about acting like fools on national TV -

Sandy Navas
June 10th, 2014, 10:19 AM
I, too, know someone who was on the show - just for the money and the trip - although the story he and his friends put out there for the world cost him the love of his life and he regrets it these many years later . . .

Vonnie
June 10th, 2014, 10:37 AM
Remember the terrible tragedy that happened after a Jenny Jones show? No ratings is worth someone's life.

I always laugh when I hear it's a "reality" show. How can it be when you are purposely hamming it up for the camera.

Reality show and camera's rolling are an oxymoron!

SallyO'Sews
June 10th, 2014, 11:44 AM
I, too, know someone who was on the show - just for the money and the trip - although the story he and his friends put out there for the world cost him the love of his life and he regrets it these many years later . . .

That's always been my question about the people on these shows - you go on TV and PUBLICLY humiliate someone close to you (especially immediate family members)... And then what? Do people not realize that there will be fallout in these situations that they cannot control? In 25 years or so, how are you going to explain to your children why you're not allowed to go to Gradma's house? Alienating your loved ones just never seems worth it to me. Even if your relationship is rocky, would this sort of experience engender reconciliation or more bad feelings? *steps away from soap-box*