PDA

View Full Version : How is your day going?

Slokarma
June 9th, 2014, 02:41 PM
First thing this morning, I knocked over my first cup of coffee.

Later, I rescued a half dead little bunny from the cat before the pup could finish it off. After dressing the bunny's wounds, it is presently hanging on to life in a box. I don't have the ?? to help it die, so I will make it comfortable, I guess, because it can't tell me. (BUT, it seems to like having his head rubbed.)

AND evidently, BECAUSE, I didn't get it right the first time, I JUST KNOCKED OVER ANOTHER CUP OF COFFEE!

But, NO! I won't surrender! I"m going back in for another cup of coffee as soon as it is finished brewing! AND I'm going to savor it like it was my first cup of the day! HA!

YES, I'm one tough cookie!

Doloris
June 9th, 2014, 02:44 PM
that because it IS your first cup of the day. LOL No real plans here, Going out for dinner for anniv. later, but haven't decided where yet. Probably steak somewhere. :)

Slokarma
June 9th, 2014, 02:45 PM
aren't you glad I'm not joining you for dinner Doloris!

Sandy Navas
June 9th, 2014, 02:50 PM
Those are the days when you just shake your head and crawl back under your quilt and snooze.

Doloris
June 9th, 2014, 02:52 PM
aren't you glad I'm not joining you for dinner Doloris!

Dinner's gonna be in a restaurant. I won't have to clean it up, :), but all the giggleing will make dinner take longer.

Dollyquilts
June 9th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Kitties have some really bad bacteria in their mouths. If he survives the day, the bunny probably needs some antibiotics, or he will get better and then crash. If you have a vet tech friend or a nurse friend, you can buy a bottle of penicillin at the feed store, some tiny syringes and figure out how much penicillin he needs.

Hope he makes it,

Dolly

ozziepuppy
June 9th, 2014, 03:54 PM
I am so sorry to hear about the bunny!

A few summers ago, I was mowing the lawn (riding mower) and there was a NEST in the yard that I did not know about. I mowed over two baby bunnies (there were others, but they managed to run away, which is what alerted me). One had his ear and part of a leg cut off and the other one was badly wounded. I put them in a box and called several places (animal control, vets) and no one would help me. Animal control would not deal with bunnies, nor would the vet. I finally called the vet back (sobbing) begging them to help me as I could NOT bring myself to put them out of their misery (I had thought of drowning them in a ziplock of water but absolutely COULD NOT do it). Finally they gave in and let me bring both of them in to be euthanized. It was a terrible experience. I now pay to have the lawn mowed (not just because of that, however). My DH sent me this poem by Philip Larkin, one of his favorite poets. He sent it to my work email and I now have it up on my bulletin board above my desk. I hope you are able to find someone to help you with this situation. It is so difficult to see animals suffer!

The Mower

BY PHILIP LARKIN (http://www.poetryfoundation.org/bio/philip-larkin)

The mower stalled, twice; kneeling, I found
A hedgehog jammed up against the blades,
Killed. It had been in the long grass.

I had seen it before, and even fed it, once.
Now I had mauled its unobtrusive world
Unmendably. Burial was no help:

Next morning I got up and it did not.
The first day after a death, the new absence
Is always the same; we should be careful

Of each other, we should be kind
While there is still time.

KnitWitRosie
June 9th, 2014, 05:25 PM
Sorry to hear that you're having "one of those days." It is Monday and I think there is some unspoken rule about Mondays never going as planned.

I barely slept over the past few nights and have physically felt lousy (these hormones I'm on are kicking my butt) but managed to drag myself out of bed and get to work. Hubby, on the other hand, spent the weekend playing with his friends and now miraculously he's "ssssiiiiicccckkkk" and called off work. He's got a cold and acting like he's dying. I'm NOT in the mood to deal with it tonight! He's getting a bowl of cereal for dinner because I'm going and changing my clothes and going into my sewing room for an hour before I call it an early night tonight.

Fortunately, today was the last day of the hormones for this round of trying.... so hopefully things normal out over the next few days.

SisterDi
June 9th, 2014, 09:54 PM
I tried to hand feed a baby bunny once, but he didn't live past a few days. Poor fella.

My day is just peachy. I've been in the hospital for 6 days now, and I'm having serious caffeine and chocolate withdrawls. I do wish I had someone who was willing to smuggle me in some contraband yummies.