PDA

View Full Version : Monday - just embrace it

Blondie
June 9th, 2014, 05:13 AM

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy - it's Monday already. How in the heckfire shoot did that happen? I am getting a bit tired of trying to keep up with time. I never seem to be able to catch it. It's sort of like those lightning bugs that fill the night sky this time of year. You see them when it's dark but it is difficult to catch them. Oh well, that's not true. When we were kids we would catch them and stick them in a mason jar. But I had a lot more energy then and could do things like catch fireflies and waste time; there was so much of both!

So, here it is. A new week. As usual I have loads to do. Still in the clean up and unloading stage. That will be my lifetime achievement award I think. I got news late last week that it is a strong possibility that my son, dil and grand daughter will be visiting us in July. Wanna see how much I can get accomplished? I already limit my computering to 15 minute segments of time. I may have to get even more militant. And stringent.

Not much in the sewing dept. I did take a few fuzzy wuzzy pics of DD's mug rug in progress. Not post worthy since you couldn't tell who or what was in the pic. I need a professional photographer to follow me around to snap since I am not capable of snapping a pic of anything. I think it is my essential tremor. Very slight but enough to mess up pics.

So, my happy and lovely friends ~ here's to a marvelous day, full of sunshine ~ I think we shall be getting a liquid version of that today ~ and here's also to extra time that somehow you will (and me too) be able to find.
Blessings to all, prayers, hugs and SMILES!

BobW
June 9th, 2014, 05:45 AM
I'm sitting here wide awake, after finishing a 200 page novel I started tonight. I finally got out of bed and here at the computer. This isn't my favorite way to start the week. I'm going to relax in my recliner and set the alarm on my cell phone to wake me up so I can get to the appointments I have today.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Bubby
June 9th, 2014, 06:42 AM
Morning Blondie,

I got up at the same time as Bob this morning thanks to Miss Dottie. That was fine with me today because I have a lot I would like to accomplish.

We worked in Cuba Saturday and Sunday. We're working on three apartments at the same time right now. I have to go back and work during the week so I can help Jeff with painting next weekend. We have a tenant moving in a week from today. The old tenants just moved out Saturday and left the apartment filthy.

We are still rejoicing over the sale of the old house. I bought a new washer and dryer but I don't want it delivered until the 18th so I can paint the laundry room.

Blondie, how exciting that Nora may be coming to Grandma and Pawpaw's house for a visit.

Bob, if you keep this up you can join the Night Owl Group!

Have a stellar day everyone!

Wishi

Carol336
June 9th, 2014, 06:49 AM
Good morning Blondie, Bubby and Bob - my my you guys are early birds this morning. Hopefully. by now, you're asleep in you're recliner, Bob.

I'm hoping for a less stress filled week this week. All the recitals, graduations, yard sales, graduation dinners are over...phew!!!! Just gonna try to relax and enjoy the week. And I swear I will never and I do mean NEVER have another yard sale. All that work, weeks and weeks of purging, pricing, sprucing items up, and all we made was 200.00. Now I do know that's nothing to sneeze at, but when you consider the time and effort spent - I bet it doesn't even equate to .50 an hour.

The good thing is....I had DH put everything that didn't sell right into the truck and take it to the dump...well a couple items went to Goodwill. I got a little uneasy seeing him put some of my things into the truck, but then I thought "Heck fire shoot" if I didn't want it, and a gazillion yard sale shoppers didn't want it - let it go!!!!!

I started a sewing machine cover for my Janome yesterday, gonna get it finished up today.....fingers crossed and a few prayers please, that it fits.

Happy Happy Monday everyone

Jean Sewing Machine
June 9th, 2014, 07:16 AM
Good morning folks! Must be the buzz from my exciting day yesterday that made me wake up before 4, Bob, I know there will be a recliner nap or two in my schedule today!

I'm starting to costume another big show, "The Wiz". When I was measuring my little Munchkins, one of the darling little girls ( really, not so little, she's about 11) wanted to show me her fashion designs. She showed me a dress she designed, and it was really darling! We got her into the conversation last night about how to make Munchkin skirts, she was so excited to be in the conversation! Now we just need to teach her how to sew!

Wish quilting was on my plate for today, probably won't be until August! I did sign up for a Patrick Lose (fabric and pattern designer) sewing seminar at the Iowa State Fair. He is such a good teacher! After I submitted my registration, Patrick was on his computer and emailed the acknowledgement personally! What a great guy! He's the guy who designed Moda Marbles, and he continues to design great blenders. He is well known for his machine applique patterns, he does a show on the internet (can't remember the name) with lots of excellent techniques. Iowa forum members, look up these seminars if you are going to the fair! They are worth the money and the time!

Have a great day!

MRoy
June 9th, 2014, 07:52 AM
Good morning! Bob and Jean, I'd love to be part of the recliner nap group today but it's quilt guild meeting/sit-n-sew day and I need to gather up my stuff and go this afternoon. I'd forgotten it until I got a reminder e-mail last night. My project today will be bow-tie blocks. I had about 335 bow-ties made that I'd stuffed in a bag. When I started putting the 16 patch blocks together I realized I need at least 400 to get the finished size that I want so I pulled more fabric strips and cut them up. I need to get the new ones made now so I can mix them in with the others. The finished quilt will have about 80 different fabrics in it.

DH and I went to Big Lots yesterday. The craft department in this store is practically non-existent now. We found a food processor to try out for making coleslaw. DH is trying to make slaw like they serve at one of his fav local restaurants and decided he needs a food processor to shred the cabbage. I saw Rowenta travel irons at Big Lots for $20...may go back and get one.

Happy Monday!

Monique
June 9th, 2014, 07:56 AM
Good morning friends. I know all about time flying. Blondie, I sure do hope that Hannah and her parents make the trip out to see you.

Bob, have a good nap.

Barb, I hope you get all your work done today.

Carol, I will never have another garage sale either. Too much work.

Jean, have yourself an awesome day.

Myrna, enjoy your day.

We had a gorgeous weekend. Saturday, hubby went fishing with a buddy. No fish were caught, poop. I did fix my jeep. One of the back seats was stuck, so it would not flip up like it was supposed to. Got it taken apart and put back, works dandy now. I also tried to fix one of the doors, it was stuck on lock. Would not open, no matter which way I held my mouth. I guess I sprayed enough WD40, my friend mistakenly went to open the door and it opened. WOOHOO!!! Another thing fixed. These things drive me crazy when they don't work.

Linda and I attended the quilt show in Renfrew yesterday. We stopped at a flea market along the way and would you believe I bought fabric. Four bolts for a total of 28.75 yards and I paid $20. THAT was a good deal. Then on to the quilt show. Linda and I make good critics. I saw some people I knew from various outings, retreats and bus trips that I don't see very often. I bought two new rulers, some Superior thread (which I am told is the best, so I splurged) and believe it or not, a little bit of fabric. We had a great day. We had also stopped at a green house and I got myself a new plant for the front of my house, which I will plant today. I will get the name and photo later.

I work this morning. Then on to get ready for my retreat on Thursday. Then I will be very busy until the end of the month.

Sorry to be long winded this morning.

Have a great day everyone.

Mpyles
June 9th, 2014, 08:27 AM
Good morning!

Really sleepy here too! I spent my day off either in my sewing oasis or cleaning the house. I got up early yesterday and didn't go to bed until 11 ish....no naps just trying to squeeze every moment out of the day! I am pooped today! Dang hind sight!

Monique sounds like you have a busy month ahead! Blondie hope you accomplish a lot today! Carol, exactly why I don't do garage sales! I'd rather give it to someone that needs it than all that work for mere nothing. Bob and jean...enjoy your naps and barb enjoy your day and so happy for you on the old house, I'm sure it's a relief to be out from under it!

Everyone have a great day

Sandy Navas
June 9th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Good Morning, Quilty Friends at Missouri Star forum!!

Not sure what's happening around here today. Al's got a major project started - putting fresh finish on the deck. He was out last night sanding some areas he'd missed the last time he did it. I'm going to save him some time and run pick up the finish. I'm hoping I'm up to sewing once I've done my run arounds. I am so bad about having to be out and then getting back into the groove at home with things that need done - like cleaning my bedroom closet out (Cil, where are you when I need your help?).

I did sew a lot (for me) yesterday. Made a couple microwave pot holders, finished my remaining two blocks for the Fun Friendly Projects. Made my Mummy block for the Haunted House BOM. Finished three blocks for my 'green quilt' and have two more cut out. Loving the fact that once I make up my mind I can pretty much make a block the right size . . . whew! Oh, and I made a mug rug, too - not sure if I'm going to send it to the forum friend who was in my heart when I stitched it though.

I'm excited about the possibility of Blondie and Nora getting to spend some quality time. Keeping the prayers going and just for fun I'm crossing fingers and toes.

To everyone - hope your plans and fun all come together and make for a wonderful day.

Madeforyouinma11
June 9th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Wow! Everyone was up so early today. We're usually up at 6 but hubby has today off so I slept in til 8! He has a dentist appointment today so we'll be off to that soon. I spent the weekend in my bedroom...de cluttering and washing walls. I have both closets finished and 1 large dresser and I am now halfway through my 40' long room! So far I am feeling very accomplished. I have 5 bags of clothes to donate and a box of shoes so far. Just another 20' to go, and 2 more smaller bureaus.
Carol, I had a few moments where I felt a little uneasy about getting rid of something, but figured if I haven't used it in the last year, I probably won't, so out it went. It really does feel good to let it all go and simplify and rid our lives of all that stuff!
Sounds like everyone has lots of plans and staying very busy. Hope everyone has a great day!
Blondie, you must be so excited to see your little one in July!
Make it a good one everybody!

JCY
June 9th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Good Monday Morning, Everyone,

I get up at 5:00 every day of the week. Sleeping in is never an option at my house, since I am caregiver for DH. I have a pot of Anasazi beans on to cook. Laundry is waiting. I had hoped to pull some weeds before the garbage truck came by, but it's too cold. We had frost this a.m.! Only 43 deg. I could see frost on the neighbor's roofs. I don't think it was enough to damage the flowers. It was cold enough in the house to run the furnace. Also, everything is soaking wet from our rain yest. At least the hail & tornadoes missed us. There were 7 tornadoes in Colorado yest., 2 of which were in mtn. areas--very rare. Some areas had quarter sized damaging hail.

I started the FMQ on my 3 Dudes quilt yest. It's coming along nicely. I'll post a pic when it's done. I hope to get more done on it today.

Everyone have a good Monday & a good week. JCY

MayinJerset
June 9th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Keeping the Good Thoughts going for Blondie's son and family to visit this summer.

I was up really early this morning with the first bird chirps but didn't get moving until 9. Made myself tea and toast and crashed on the sofa watching TV - perfect day to lounge around watching old movies as it's dark and raining. Might get some food shopping done this afternoon. Planning our annual Father's Day BBQ and will get the staples early. I've emailed family and asked for their help with chores, food prep and cooking for the BBQ as doing all myself wears me out that I don't enjoy the get together. DGD's fiancée volunteered to do the BBQing, very good because when DH really doesn't like to BBQ. Hot dogs are his specialty, charred on the outside and cold in the middle and with a burnt roll.

Stopped at local Joann's yesterday and they have redone the shop with wide apart fabric rows and carts can pass each other easily. There are some better quality fabrics now, prices higher, but good to get a good variety of fabrics to choose from.

Better get a move on or nothing will get done today but first another cup of coffee to prime my motor.

ravelim
June 9th, 2014, 11:28 AM
It seems like I've not been here in a very long time. I've finally gotten the pneumonia beaten. Still weak but the best thing about quilting is I can do it at my leisure and when I feel like it. And I can't wait to do it.

Bless each and everyone of you.

I'm glad to be back among the living. lol. My diabetes was messed and I had many antibiotics pumped in me. Not fun but wonderful people took care of me.

I'm trying a rag quilt for my daughter. Can't wait to get back to it.

Thrilled about the house selling, and the kid coming and all the neat things happening for everyone. There is smile and blessing in each one.

Love y'all all.

quiltingtrish
June 9th, 2014, 11:31 AM
A rainy Monday here too - but that's ok cause we are out of school for the summer!!

Carol - I'm lucky if I make $40. at a yard sale - want to get rid of it so figure anything is better than nothing as anything left over is taken to Goodwill. It's usually me and my sister, sometimes another sister or a girlfriend - we have fun sitting and chatting all day.

A trip coming up for me and DH - to go see Katie in Pensacola! We will be gone for about a week and will also be able to see one of DH's sisters and also my moms cousin in Atlanta. One of our boys will be home to dog, cat(s), and house sit. Can you believe she has been waiting on getting a heart monitor since the beginning of April.

Everyone, have a great day!

toggpine
June 9th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Good morning!

It looks like we had a sprinkle of rain here! I'd be OK with a day or so of it. Things are getting a bit dry.

The weekend was a mixed bag. Saturday was a lot of travel, but worth it to see some friends. I wish I could just fold the map and make that trip shorter. Sunday was a bit of a loss. I did get to spend some time with my sister so that was good. both days I didn't get home until 8PM and that didn't bode well for completing anything around the house.

For some reason I have this sense of something I was supposed to do today, but can't remember what in the world it is. Dang I hate getting old! I guess I'll just go along until somebody calls me wondering where I am.

After morning farm chores, I'll come in and hit the floors with the vacuum and change the bed linens. Then I'll feel like something important was accomplished. I might even wash a few windows. Whoa! I know, Crazy huh? Then I will go put on my audiobook and hit the sewing room. That fabric is screaming at me to finish it up!

You all have a good one! I'm gonna go find a cup of coffee.

Over40momma
June 9th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Top of the mornin' to you all :icon_hi:
Worked on some serious "chucking out" this weekend...which was both invigorating and tiring. lol But with it being hit and miss all over the house, it is not exactly obvious to outsiders. Managed to get the vacuuming down and the dusting downstairs.....major points where hubby was concerned. :D He even bought me flowers for my front and back gardens!!! So a wee bit of planting got done and I did some more this morning. Lovely snapdragons and sassy little dianthus.....just look at them make you happy.

Managed to even do a bit of stitching this weekend. Started a new piece in the "Friendship Braid" pattern using Indigo Crossing. Got turned around at the start of it, but finally got the hang of it. Not looking too shabby either. Think this will make a lovely table runner for a friend of mine. Have to see how it progresses to see what I really end up making.:lol:

Well, off to grab another cup of Joe. Have a wonderful day everyone and blessed be. :icon_hug:

Simply Quilting
June 9th, 2014, 12:15 PM
Good Morning!!! We had a nice weekend. On Friday night, our Sunday School class had a get together. We had six charcoal fires going on a brick covered trailer. There were six woks for us to cook. It was a lot of fun. We each brought stuff for stirfry/fix it anyway you want. Each family/person took a turn cooking. The woks were huge so it was easy to cook a meal for a whole family on one. Because of the charcoal, it didn't take long to cook at all. The children had a blast with the bouncy house, basketball court and other games/activities.

Yesterday my folks came over and we looked at a house and some land. Then Dad changed the brakes on my van while Mom and I packed up stuff in the kitchen that I can live without until we move. We packed 9 boxes of kitchen things. And yes, I still have plenty to cook with. We will be taking these things to storage. And then running errands.

Tonight we have the second week of archery. The children and I had a lot of fun last week. It is a 10 week course.

Have a great day everyone :)

Navy Wife
June 9th, 2014, 12:40 PM
I'm finally up and awake. I was up at 8, but not awake till 11. We had a nice quiet weekend. I packed up my sewing to put in the RV. DS and DIL came for dinner last night and we had a good visit.

Joe went out to check on the RV which has been in the shop for 2 weeks. It was a brake problem and they had to order parts. He's also getting new base stickers for the cars. Makes life much easier to have one! We're hoping to get away Thursday afternoon, so I have to get busy. I usually have several weeks to pack.

SallyO'Sews
June 9th, 2014, 01:08 PM
Blondie, I have an essential tremor, too! The only other person I ever knew with one was my grandmother, Charlie Armstrong. Her hands shook all. the. time. When I was in my 20's, mine would shake - just a little, not enough to even notice unless I was looking right at them. My kids and I called the shaking hands Charlie Armstrong Syndrome. Then one day my sister who is an RN told me there was a name for it: Essential Familial Tremor. I asked her what that meant, and she explained that essential means it's not pathological (i.e. I do not have Parkinson's), familial means it's hereditary, and tremor means it makes me shake. We decided "Charlie Armstrong Syndrome" sounds so much cooler, and all my family members immediately knew what I was talking about when I said I had it! :lol:

sally
June 9th, 2014, 03:41 PM
Good afternoon well almost here. I haven't been around as much as I used too. Went back to work full time and in a new city so lots of time spent commuting and less time quilting. Currently no quilting at all as my sewing room is all boxed up and I am getting a new floor. The only room with carpeting and that was my sewing room. Life will be so much better with the tile flooring and I am getting a new ...well new to me cutting table. A fellow quilter's sister sold me her table for an awesome price. My back is so happy about that! Anyhow have a great day everyone!