PDA

View Full Version : ........ OK . . this totally BUGs me . . .

CountryHut
June 8th, 2014, 10:01 AM
and creeps me out . . L*~
-

Sandy Navas
June 8th, 2014, 10:41 AM
It's their noise that bothers me. Otherwise they are fine.

Doloris
June 8th, 2014, 10:47 AM
I love to go look in the trees and find their shells. I rarely see the live ones, only hear them

Vonnie
June 8th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Not as ugly as a flying roach! As a newlywed I lived in Florida. I was so shocked to find out that the grossest bug ever was made more gross by wings!

cyndiofthevortex
June 8th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Look at the awesome greens of his legs and torso. I'd love me some fabric in those colors!

CountryHut
June 8th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Cyndi . . that dude has got some grippers on them there feet -- he stayed on my mirror at 45 mph for miles and miles -
only wish I was able to take a video of him . . but couldn't do that a drive . . .

Vonnie --- are you talking about those big palmetto bugs? . . . ooooooh I can't stand those either - they to creep me out

WendyI
June 8th, 2014, 12:30 PM
normally bugs totally creep me out but this guy is very pretty....I would also love fabrics in this colour! It's one of my fav. colours! My phone is the same colour as he is, as is my lunch bag. So pretty! Even tho I detest bugs...moreso creepy crawly ones like centipedes and roaches. YUCK!

Vonnie
June 8th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Cyndi . . that dude has got some grippers on them there feet -- he stayed on my mirror at 45 mph for miles and miles -
only wish I was able to take a video of him . . but couldn't do that a drive . . .

Vonnie --- are you talking about those big palmetto bugs? . . . ooooooh I can't stand those either - they to creep me out

They call them palmetto bugs but they are really roaches with wings! I grew up in S. Calif and out there mosquito's were big and brown. I could not understand why the flies were biting me. Come to find out they were small black mosquito's! Yikes!

MayinJerset
June 8th, 2014, 12:54 PM
I just hate it when flying bugs/insects get into my car, can't get them to fly out and always worried they would start flying around the car and obstruct my vision and I'd have an accident.

Glad your brightly colored guy finally took off.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 8th, 2014, 01:01 PM
They grow them bugs BIG in Florida!

Sharyn J
June 8th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Wouldn't a picture of him make a cute I-Spy block? :D

Jess1377
June 8th, 2014, 01:27 PM
78393 :D

auntiemern
June 8th, 2014, 02:33 PM
I would have let him have the car...I do NOT like any kind of bug...from the littlest ant to the biggest walking stick...they are all gross and disgusting. I know they serve a purpose...but would prefer they serve that purpose away from me.

Navy Wife
June 8th, 2014, 03:11 PM
I could easily admire him if he was on one side of the window glass and I was on the other. Otherwise, eweee!

dizzyLiz
June 8th, 2014, 03:24 PM
Oh in South Carolina that is a baby......LOL. They are huge here. The thing that gets me is this; where we live is right on a creek at the lower side of our property, then 99 acres of woods surrounding our property. The tree frogs are so numerous and LOUD that in the summer, often we have to turn the TV very loud to overshadow their nightly symphony.

Monique
June 8th, 2014, 08:18 PM
It's their noise that bothers me. Otherwise they are fine.

I had to "You Tube" to hear what they sound like. I don't think we have those in these here parts.

MayinJerset
June 8th, 2014, 11:55 PM
Speaking of bugs and insects 78519

maxwellthecat
June 9th, 2014, 01:55 AM
What is it? I am not a big fan

Mchelem
June 10th, 2014, 02:41 AM
I love to go look in the trees and find their shells. I rarely see the live ones, only hear them

The brown shell?? Those are cicadas.
I've never seen a katydid she'll before.

Doloris
June 10th, 2014, 08:23 AM
The brown shell?? Those are cicadas.
I've never seen a katydid she'll before.

OH I thought they were the same thing. Now I am off to google to educate myself on bugs. Yuch!!! :)