PDA

View Full Version : Hoping plans work out to meet Andrea in NY City

MayinJerset
June 7th, 2014, 10:38 PM
Andrea PM'd me the other day that she and her sister were leaving Germany to vacation in NY City and maybe we could meet for coffee. Sure wish I still had my good walking around the city legs as DH and I could have given them a good look see. I hope to drive up with DH during the week to meet them at their hotel and drive around Manhattan and maybe over to Brooklyn to show them some of the sites and stop for coffee or lunch. I wish I had more notice as I could have made them some small quilty items. It is exciting to think about meeting M* friends and doubly exciting to meet someone from Germany.

bubba
June 7th, 2014, 10:40 PM
Oh, I'd be sure to take them to Juniors, or maybe a sidewalk cafe in Little Italy. Those were my two favorites from the week I spent there!

WendyI
June 7th, 2014, 10:48 PM
They're so lucky to have you for a guide! Enjoy your day! :)

songbird857
June 7th, 2014, 11:46 PM
How fun is that!

SallyO'Sews
June 8th, 2014, 12:24 AM
Hope you have a grand time!

bkthomas
June 8th, 2014, 03:24 AM
That sounds great! Hope you have a wonderful visit! Give her a big hug from me please!

New York Sue
June 8th, 2014, 04:02 AM
I SO want to be there, but my PT regime and family 'drop-ins' has my calendar boxed-in.....
ENJOY, ladies!

MayinJerset
June 8th, 2014, 01:33 PM
Sorry to say Andrea and her sister had to cut their NY City trip short and are returning to Germany today. I know how hugely disappointed Andrea is feeling but something came up and I'm sure she'll tell us about it when she returns home.

I'm disappointed too and DH and I were thinking of different non tourist places to take them. Maybe over the Brooklyn Bridge and then through Prospect Park. It is smaller than Central Park in Manhattan but with a big plaza with Huge arch like the one in Paris. We could have driven through the park and out onto Ocean Parkway going directly to Coney Island for a famous Nathan's Hot Dog. On the way back to Manhattan we could have stopped at Jr's as Sue suggested, their famous cheesecake would have been a good dessert.
Will keep them in mind for Andrea's return.

auntiemern
June 8th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Awe...so sorry the plans got nixed. It would have been such a treat to meet up and have all that fun.