PDA

View Full Version : A Bittersweet Day

Leah53
June 7th, 2014, 10:20 PM
My oldest granddaughter Ashley graduated from high school today, so happy and excited for her on her new journey into the real world but so sad that she's grown up, I raised her so she's very special to me. She doesn't turn 18 until Sept so she'll be with me a bit longer, not that legally she has to but what the heck, it's free rent. I am so proud of what a wonderful young lady she's become, most of her school years were honor roll and gifted and talented and she has worked the past year and still kept her grades up and now she's heading to college, the future is hers to live to the fullest.

Genny
June 7th, 2014, 10:34 PM
Sounds like you've raised a wonderful young lady with a bright and beautiful future. You have a right to be proud.

bubba
June 7th, 2014, 10:37 PM
That is what I went thru last year with Tyler. Altho he only lived with us solidly thru grade 2, he lived with us again in grade 9. He is more like my child than grandson and I am always so proud of him. I wish he would have gone to school, but he has a good job where he works full time and better yet, he has an adorable girlfriend that we all love!

WendyI
June 7th, 2014, 10:45 PM
Sounds like you did a fantastic job! Congratulations to you both!!

MayinJerset
June 8th, 2014, 06:25 AM
Congrats to Ashley for all her accomplishments and Lots of Success for her in college. Sending some Congrats to Grandma too, you did a fantastic job Leah.

Leah53
June 8th, 2014, 11:41 AM
Thank you for saying that but some kids just have it, born with it you might say, she is one of them, she not only has natural smarts she has....common sense which is far more important.

Familyjournals
June 8th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Way to go Leah and Ashley!!! You are right some kids just come with that inner strength. I really admire what you have done with her and you will always hold a special place in her heart and in her posterity. It's hard to have them leave the nest but so very important they do. I agree about the bitter sweetness. She's probably so excited for her next step in life, just remember what you've done will never be forgotten.

Leah53
June 8th, 2014, 08:47 PM
78466Thank you Familyjournals, I already know I'm her favorite. :D She asked me a couple of years ago if she could get a tattoo, she said it would be a sparrow in honor of me, that's what my crafting handle is, she thought it would butter me up and entice me to say yes, imagine her surprise when I said NO. lol

Here she is...