PDA

View Full Version : Uglieness has hit my 11 year old grandaughter

Racing Nana
June 7th, 2014, 09:57 AM
My daughter lives in a rural area and her 2 girls take the school bus. (2 different buses because of one is elementary school and the other high school).

Well, it's about a 3 block walk from the bus stop to their house.

As the youngest was coming home yesterday, a man in a car kept driving ahead of my GD and she was getting nervous, so she stopped walking. He then pulled over and stopped driving and waited. This happened 3 times.

Then he got out of the car and just stood there naked exposing himself to her.

Thank God, she was at the driveway to her house and she started to run and was yelling for her Mom.

I grabbed her and took her inside and my DD and her husband ran out to the road to see the car drive off.

The police were there within minutes and had 4 other cars in the area looking for this creep plus the police helicopter.

My poor little one was so terrified. I think she thought he was going to grab her and take her away.
I was there to pick her up for a sleepover at Nana's house (that's me) and for us to do some crafting fun.
She still came over, but was afraid to sleep by herself so Nana kept her safe through the night.

I understand that this is a sickness, but it's a good thing her Mom didn't get her hands on this sickoo, because I think she would have hurt him.

I know this is a long post, but this can happen anywhere.
The police are sending a councillor out to talk to her today so maybe they can help with her fear.

Give your kids/grandkids an extra hug and don't be afraid to talk to them about things like this, even though it maybe uncomfortable.

OK, time to make her pancakes and start having some fun.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 7th, 2014, 10:03 AM
It is so scary nowadays for kids! I'm glad she was close to home, and hope they catch the jerk and put him in jail! Don't know what's wrong with people these days.

asta
June 7th, 2014, 10:03 AM
It is a sick, sick world we live in. So sad this has happened to your DGD. I hope and pray that she can feel safe again.

Vonnie
June 7th, 2014, 10:26 AM
I'm so sorry this happened to her. She did the right thing in screaming and drawing attention.

Sad to say, it's not new to this generation. Something similar happened to me over 40 years ago. I was a teenager walking home from a friends house. A guy stopped and rolled down his window and asked me for directions. But his voice was low and so I had to walk closer to his car to hear him. I got close enough that I saw his pants down around his ankles. Boy did I yell! I screamed at him and he took off. I made sure I went in another direction so he would not see where my home was.

Another time I was walking my dog and a man stopped and tried to get me in his car. My dog took it as a personal invitation - to fight. It took all my strength to hold on to his leash. My dog was standing up on his hind legs snarling and growling. He was a very pretty dog so it always took people by surprise by how protective he was of me. He was an Australian Sheppard and they are very protective.

I always made sure I did not walk anywhere by myself after that.

Sandy Navas
June 7th, 2014, 10:38 AM
The whole world is full of sickos!

Mom23
June 7th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Awww, bless her little heart. I'm so sorry this had to happen to her, and just like Vonnie, she will probably never forget. Give her some extra Nana hugs today.

bubba
June 7th, 2014, 10:58 AM
I'm so very sorry that happened to your grandgirl....hopefully she will be able to get past it. Please make sure the school knows so they can send out fliers to the other parents. It is very important they also know this happened.

Racing Nana
June 7th, 2014, 11:08 AM
The police are contacting the School District busing division to have all the drivers be aware and on the look out.

My daughter will be walking the girls to the bus stop everyday and will be waiting for them when they get off the bus until school is out at the end of this month.

Thanks for all your thoughts.

grannyann
June 7th, 2014, 11:11 AM
What a scare for her. 3 blocks can seem like a very long way to safety when this kind of thing happens. Thank God she got to her house safe.

pcbatiks
June 7th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Sorry to hear this happened to your granddaughter. It is always a sad and sickening day when we have to talk to our little ones about the frightening sickos that are in this world. Hug her tight and I hope you have a wonderful day together.

JCY
June 7th, 2014, 01:22 PM
I hope they catch this pervert ASAP!! JCY

Hulamoon
June 7th, 2014, 02:12 PM
That is creepy. I hope she doesn't have bad dreams and make her scared all the time.

This happened to me twice. My friends and I went down to a creek, we used to try and catch frogs, and there was a litter of puppies. We looked up and a guy was standing there without his pants, with what I know now as an erection. We ran back to my house and told my mom and we went back to get the puppies.

The second time I was a teen and we were hitch hiking and a guy was sitting with a towel on his lap. He pulled over to a gas station and put his pants on. That was our chance to get out. I've only picked up hitch hikers a couple of times. Usually kids trying to get down to the beach or a lady in distress. This one lady was walking with a bunch of hula skirts and I pulled over. She was going to miss her class because her car broke down.

FabStripper
June 7th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Sorry this happend to her. I hope they get that guy and throw the key away. Maybe your DDs husband can start meeting her at the busstop and walk her home and make her feel safe again.

auntiemern
June 7th, 2014, 02:38 PM
So very sorry this happened to her. The world truly is full of sicko's. How very fortunate that she was so close to home and screamed to scare him off and attract attention. I too have an 11 yr old and 7 yr old grand daughters. I worry about them every time they walk out the door. I hope they were able to catch this pervert and put him away. Make sure you keep the lines of communication open with her, and let her know that she can talk to you about anything. Reassure her that everyone in her life will do everything they can to keep her safe. Give her a hug, from this granny too.

Suzette
June 7th, 2014, 02:41 PM
How very sad for your sweet granddaughter. Something like this takes such a heavy toll on our emotion well-being. I will keep her in my prayers. I hope they catch that sicko!

AuntieVic
June 7th, 2014, 05:57 PM
I hope they find the guy

Familyjournals
June 7th, 2014, 08:32 PM
I'm so glad you are were there! She will probably have nightmares and be afraid to go anywhere or answer the door, until they catch him. Once things like that are seen they can't go unseen in our minds. Sometimes these sweet ones feel that they did something wrong to attract him, which of course is far from the truth. She is blessed to have a loving family to watch over her, so many children that age are latch key kids and would have been terrified in their home alone. I like what you said about going back to having fun, exactly what she needs.

WendyI
June 7th, 2014, 08:39 PM
OMG that is SO INFURIATING!!!! I too would been wild if I'd gotten my hands on a creep like that! That poor sweet girl!!! So glad you were able to be there for her and that the police are taking this seriously! Please give her a huge hug from me and tell her i think she is a very brave girl and good for her for not letting him take her power! Xox

Genny
June 7th, 2014, 09:08 PM
Your sweet little granddaughter should never have had to go thru this and I am so glad that she is safe with you and your family. I can only imagine how our family would feel if this happened to one of our own little ones. I hope this sick creep is caught very soon and locked up for the rest of his life so he can't hurt any other children.

SallyO'Sews
June 8th, 2014, 12:07 AM
Oh, Lynn, I'm so sorry! But very glad your DGD has a loving, supportive family. Hope you enjoy your time together, and that they catch this perpetrator.

Racing Nana
June 8th, 2014, 10:52 AM
My GD is such a good little sewer. We made 3 chapstick holders yesterday. She had to make extras for her sister and her Mom.
She also loves fabric stores. Took us an hour to buy 3 items. lol

We have something called Victim Services here and they were sending someone out to talk with her last night when she got home.
She doesn't want to sleep alone and just wants to be with her big sister and her Mom.

We still had a good time though. She's my little trooper.

Thanks to you all.

Midge
June 8th, 2014, 11:49 AM
I'm so sorry your little darling has to go through something like this. I'm glad her family is rallying around her and helping her through this time. And it is good that a counselor will come to talk with her and her family. I hope they catch this creep before other children have to go through the same thing. We had a group of similar events last year with the same scenario. Multiple times kids approached as they walked home from school. Fortunately no children were abducted, but I don't believe they caught the guy despite the kids giving the best descriptions they could.

Long ago, a similar thing happened to my girlfriend and myself as we walked together. That would be around 50 years ago now! I still remember how scared I was and how we stared at each other in horror and ran as fast as we could. Back then the police response was nonexistent and there was no publicity about it. Things are better today, if we have to take comfort in something.

Sharyn J
June 8th, 2014, 01:15 PM
They caught the guy that did this to my daughter when she left HS one day ill and had to walk home. A van followed her for a couple blocks and then the guy pulled over to the curb and exposed himself. My daughter immediately ran up the stairs of a house and walked right in and told the owner what happened. Police kept surviellance up on the street and caught him a couple months later doing the same thing!

bhaggerty
June 8th, 2014, 08:54 PM
It is so scary nowadays for kids! I'm glad she was close to home, and hope they catch the jerk and put him in jail! Don't know what's wrong with people these days.

Agreed! It is terrible!

Fabriclovr
June 9th, 2014, 06:54 PM
First of all, let me say this, He is a sicko and should have his pee-pee whacked off! (just my opinion)

But I am a school bus driver and my route is in a rural area. The students on my bus just aren't students, they are MY kids and as such, I take very good care of them and have gone out of my route to take kids directly to their front doors if I see something out of the ordinary. I get in trouble for doing it, but I would rather be reprimanded than see one of my kids harmed!

We have a binder that is full of these sickos and their addresses. They are marked on our route maps as to where they live and our router tries to make sure that our stops are not near their homes, unfortunately, being in a rural area, almost every street has one of these sickos on it and the kids either have to walk past their house or the parents bring them to the stops and wait for me in their cars.

I meet every one of my parents, know them by name and ask them if they know about the person that live in xx house. In a lot of cases, they do not and are VERY grateful for the information. The area is so nice and quiet, the lots are 2 to 4 acres with horses and all sorts of live stock, perfect for kids and unfortunately the sickos know that.

The guy that was seen was in a car, I sure hope she got a good discription of this sicko and happy to know she wasn't harmed.

Tip from the bus driver, always carry a larger metal flashlight, if not for light, it makes your backpack a weapon when you swing it and put a whistle on your house key and don't be afraid to blow it!

Sheena
June 10th, 2014, 01:53 PM
I'm sorry this has happened to your granddaughter. The same thing happened to me when I was about the same age. to get from my house to my friend's house the quickest route was through the hills. (a short distance) . We don't do talking about sex and that stuff (hey, we're English). But my Mum gave me enough info to tell me that there are some men who will more than likely flash their willy at me. Now how you can tell your daughter that without using any necessary words is probably just an English thing. Probably something like:
' hmmm you might bump into a man........ dont be surprised if he................and dont scream... it'll only encourage him......try not to look................. now then............... peas with your fish fingers and chips?'

I knew exactly what she meant. I saw many a chipolata. Just yawned and walked on. As I got older say about 15, I asked 'Is that it? ha ha ha'

These days the area is much more populated with families and dog walkers.

If a man flashed his willy at me now, he'd stand no chance, I'd chase him all round the hill until he gave me a really goood loook.

Sheena
June 10th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Oh, and BTW I thought your GD had suddenly become ugly! Oooops.

Sheena
June 10th, 2014, 02:02 PM
One final thought. You should really play this down. Explain that some men think they've all got big ones and girls and ladies should think theirs is a fab one. Flashing it about is not considered a good idea. Don't scream. Ignore him. Go home by the quickest route.

You could also maybe say ...... at some point soon.....................that she is an attractive young woman and maybe a boyfriend might be ..... erm ....on the horizon and that ................. erm ................ condoms............ you know...........((oh no, slipped in English reserve mode)).

Tea anyone?