PDA

View Full Version : 10 fascinating facts about d-day

Familyjournals
June 6th, 2014, 09:39 PM
Ten fascinating facts on the 70th anniversary of D-Day (http://blog.constitutioncenter.org/2014/06/ten-fascinating-facts-on-the-70th-anniversary-of-d-day/) this is a great article.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 6th, 2014, 10:00 PM
Very interesting!

Mimis-quilts
June 6th, 2014, 10:56 PM
What I know the best about that day was...my dad was there the day after! Glad he made it home! Missing that man today...78225 This is a picture of my daddy when he was in France.

Ginny B
June 6th, 2014, 11:35 PM
Handsome man Pat.

78228 Here is a picture of my dad. He was in France and eventually was in Germany -- which is where he was born. It was hard for him in some ways fighting against his birth country. He even came across a cousin of his who was a prisoner. They used my dad as a translator sometimes.

BellasQuilts
June 7th, 2014, 12:06 AM
They are gone, but not forgotten. I was at Normandy Beach one year ago today. We went because we knew this year would be impossible to see anything. It is overwhelming to see.

Ginny B
June 7th, 2014, 12:45 AM
I can well imagine that it is quite overwhelming to be there. I get very emotional when I go to the military cemetery here where my mom and dad are and the one where my father-in-law and mother-in-law are. It's so powerful to see all those rows of headstones knowing they all served our country. I can imagine that being there in Normandy where those brave souls died would multiply the emotions tremendously.

Familyjournals
June 7th, 2014, 02:34 AM
What I know the best about that day was...my dad was there the day after! Glad he made it home! Missing that man today...78225 This is a picture of my daddy when he was in France.

I love these pictures and stories, thank you so much. My mothers 5 brothers were in WWII and 4 made it home.

Familyjournals
June 7th, 2014, 02:35 AM
Handsome man Pat.

78228 Here is a picture of my dad. He was in France and eventually was in Germany -- which is where he was born. It was hard for him in some ways fighting against his birth country. He even came across a cousin of his who was a prisoner. They used my dad as a translator sometimes.
I love these pictures and stories, thank you so much. My mothers 5 brothers were in WWII and 4 made it home.

MayinJerset
June 7th, 2014, 07:52 AM
I also love seeing old photos especially of your fathers who fought for us in WWII.