PDA

View Full Version : A beautieful day!

Swedish leo
June 6th, 2014, 03:39 PM
What a great day we have had to day!

Sunny and warm with enough breeze to make it just right!

we had a barbeque and some icecream for dessert.
The dogs run around on the grass and had a blast.

All that I told Josefine is that I had a surprise with me and she was so curiosed on what could it be ?

Finaly it was time for her to open it!

I put some picture here, but I took so many so I had to create an album for it. It is called A beautieful day.
I tryed to capture all of it and went a bit crazy with the camera. ;-)

She realy liked the quilt and asked several time where everyone came from and I told her all!
She did not say much but I could see that it hit home a bit that ( for her strangers cared for her )

She said that we have to save up money so she could go to america and meet ( qoute: Mums quilting ladys)

Here are some pictures from our great day.

EmmaB
June 6th, 2014, 03:48 PM
I hope she liked it and wasn't overwhelmed.

She's just beautiful

slg0522
June 6th, 2014, 03:48 PM
I'm so glad you had such a beautiful day to give her the quilt. she looks very happy.

bonniebella
June 6th, 2014, 03:52 PM
I am so glad Josefine finally has her quilt. Her sweet smile is so good to see. May the knowledge that so many people from so far away cared enough for her and her Mum to make this quilt, help in some small way towards her recovery. Thanks Annika for posting the pictures here and in your album, it has made my day.

pcbatiks
June 6th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Annika..........so happy to hear that you all had a great day together! Glad Josefine liked her quilt..........and hoping it will give her lots of comfort to know that so many others were thinking of her. Klasien did an awesome job putting the quilt together. Thanks for sharing so many great pictures!

EmmaB
June 6th, 2014, 03:54 PM
I'm getting all teary-eyed !!

Miss Sheri
June 6th, 2014, 03:59 PM
So SWEET! Such a lovely daughter with a beautiful smile! She looks like she is enjoying reading who made each block and where we come from. I hope, with all my heart, that the love she recognizes went into making this special quilt for her ~ will also penetrate to her heart whenever she cuddles up with this quilty hug; a little something to remind her again and again, she is loved.

Sandy Navas
June 6th, 2014, 04:02 PM
She's beautiful - like the heart of her Mother! Thanks for sharing your beautiful day, Annika.

Doloris
June 6th, 2014, 04:11 PM
wonderful day Annika. Great to see smiles on your daughters face. Hope it gives her the comfort we all sewed into it.

Swedish leo
June 6th, 2014, 04:21 PM
It is so beautieful where my sis lives. It is in the country and I wanted you to see it.
So here are some picture of the house and yard.

My brother in law is in some pictures with their dog Ozzie, ( named after ozzie Ozburn )
The dogs had just as much fun as we humans.

:icon_wave:

traildancer
June 6th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Thank you for posting all the photos and sharing that moment with your family with us.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 6th, 2014, 04:29 PM
What a beautiful day for such beautiful people! So glad she got her quilt!

MartinaG
June 6th, 2014, 04:37 PM
What fun pictures.

Grandma G
June 6th, 2014, 04:43 PM
So glad to see your pictures. She truly is a beautiful girl. I'm sure it was a little overwhelming for her to see this quilt. May it always be a reminder for her that she is loved from wide and far and we support her and you with an abundance of love and wishes for the very best of everything.

Monique
June 6th, 2014, 04:51 PM
Oh Annika, I am writing this with tears in my eyes. What a beautiful girl she is. May this quilt give her comfort and know just how truly loved she really is from all over the world. I am glad to have been part of this wonderful quilt.

Love to you and your family.
xoxoxoxo

Iris Girl
June 6th, 2014, 04:59 PM
So happy you had such a beautiful day. Glad to see the smiles on your Daughters face! Hope she enjoys the quilt and feels the quilty hugs from all of us when she cuddles up in it.

Suzette
June 6th, 2014, 05:12 PM
What a beautiful day indeed! I hope Josefine can feel all the love sewn into that quilt. She is a beautiful girl!

Pegger
June 6th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Happy y'all had a great day.

Pegger
June 6th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Everything is very pretty there. Thanks for the pictures. Feel the joy!

mommadeb
June 6th, 2014, 06:06 PM
Thanks for sharing about your day and for the pictures. She looks very happy with her quilt.. I am glad that I could be a part of it too. Many, many thanks to ALL involved in this wonderful project and to Klasien for all the assembly work. It could not have turned out better.

MayinJerset
June 6th, 2014, 06:23 PM
Oh it was a beautiful day - I'm imagining her tonight sleeping peacefully under her 'love' quilt. Pray the beautiful happy days continue.

PS: Your sister's house and property look so peaceful, no wonder everyone enjoyed themselves.

K. McEuen
June 6th, 2014, 06:43 PM
I'm glad the day turned out perfectly for all of you. She looks happy with her quilt.

Bubby
June 6th, 2014, 08:58 PM
I'm so glad Josefine liked the quilt. She's such a lovely girl and so many people care about her.....Hugs to you and your family, Annika.

songbird857
June 6th, 2014, 09:19 PM
I hope she feels like she's wrapped up in a great big hug everytime she uses it :)

bkthomas
June 6th, 2014, 09:28 PM
Thank You for sharing this with us!!!
I hope it gives a lifetime of comfort to her....Thanks Again!!

Will keep you and BOTH of your girls close to my heart!

alliek
June 6th, 2014, 11:27 PM
Yes, I'm teary too! Such beautiful pictures of a beautiful girl opening a beautiful present on a beautiful day. May His Peace and Love continue to heal. Many blessings.

BellasQuilts
June 7th, 2014, 12:21 AM
Annika, sending you blessings to you and both your sweet girls from California. Let this be her shield and her comfort.

turena65
June 7th, 2014, 12:43 AM
This brought a tear to my eyes as well. It makes my heart swell at the love and compassion that so many people from this forum has shared with you and your beautiful daughter especially. I hope that she feels that love and like others have said, that this quilt is like a big hug from so many people far and wide. I sense that you are an amazing mother to this sweet girl, thank you for sharing this precious moment with your cyber quilty friends... :)

auntiemern
June 7th, 2014, 03:43 AM
Oh Annika. I could not be more happy seeing her with her quilt. I could tell as she was reading the blocks, that she could feel the love that went in to her quilt. My prayer is that the love that is in this quilt for her, helps to heal her broken heart. That whenever she feel sad, that she can wrap up in her quilt and let the love wash over her. Thank you for sharing your special day with us. I am so honored to have been a small part in such a big quilty hug.

rebeccas-sewing
June 7th, 2014, 04:25 AM
Oh my gosh! I'm such a baby! I'm sitting here with tears looking at these photos. I'm so happy to hear it was such a good day! The photos of your sister's place are lovely.

goofyizzy
June 7th, 2014, 04:26 AM
Thank you for sharing your special day. I hope the quilt brings your daughter lots of comfort and peace.

Renate
June 7th, 2014, 04:52 AM
Annika, I have tears in my eyes reading your post, seeing the Pictures, the happy smile in your daughters eyes. I am overwhelmed. This will brighten my day and the next and the next.

Hugs to you

Mom23
June 7th, 2014, 10:57 AM
It looks like you had a wonderful day at a beautiful place. May Josefine feel the love and support from all of us.

WendyI
June 7th, 2014, 09:11 PM
She got it!!! YAY,!! She is absolutely GORGEOUS! You tell her that if she can get here she has a free place to stay with me in Canada ANY TIME!! And I honestly, and truly MEAN that. I'm so sad she is suffering but so glad we could brighten her day! Shes a beautiful girl. Thanks so much for sharing the gorgeous pics....what a lovely, lovely day you had! Xoxoxo

P.S....i so love the idea of our quilt being a giant hug from us everytime she uses it! i hope she gruly feels that. Xox

FabStripper
June 7th, 2014, 10:08 PM
Awww, Josephine is just darling today! She looks so healthy and happy. I only wish I could have been involved in making her so-special quilt. As it is, I will sit by the sidelines and enjoy the love and stories. Congratulations to everybody who helped to make this beautiful gift for such a darling girl.

ilive2craft2
June 7th, 2014, 10:25 PM
So glad you had such a wonderful day. Thanks so much for taking so many pictures for us. Hoping the love and prayers and good thoughts that went into the making of this quilt are ft every time she looks at it or uses it. Glad to have been a small part of this wonderful quilt.

Swedish leo
June 8th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Thank you all again.

It was such a great day and on the next day Johanna and I went shopping for plants and flowers to our yard
That to was a great day.

Here are some picture on what we got.

And to day we have been working on our ( kollonilott) patch of soil that we rent outside our residence.
Where we are growing potatoes and rubarhb and carrots among other things.

All in all this weekend has been the best weekend for a Looong time,

Can you tell that I am happy! ;-)

Mpyles
June 8th, 2014, 03:28 PM
So glad things are good for you both! Happy is a great way to be!

WendyI
June 8th, 2014, 04:40 PM
awwww what a wonderful weekend you had! Much needed and well deserved I'm sure! Did Josefine take her quilt back with her?

Wwena
June 8th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Annika, that is so precious!!! I lack words, just sitting here with a big grin on my face and a bit teary eyed.

Slokarma
June 9th, 2014, 01:36 PM
O, Josephine is so beautiful! I can't wait till she can smile all the time! and you too Annika.

"Sometimes you must let other people love you until you are able to love yourself."

Looking at these pictures reminded me of this saying. I don't know the author, but I know it will help Josephine if she can see that she has the love of strangers.

Sue