PDA

View Full Version : Fabulous Friday

Mpyles
June 6th, 2014, 08:24 AM
Good morning!! Just thought I'd pop in and say have a great Friday! For many it's the end of your week and I am sure you ar looking forward to a great weekend!

For those who care to follow...and heck i am prolly boring most...DH finally got some rest last night...thankfully and I can see some of the man I married this morning....so thankful. My dd got so aggravated at her dad yesterday ...she has been such a big help to me....I was so praying for a crack in the cranky!

Everyone have a great day! In the spirit of blondie...78106

Sandy Navas
June 6th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Ah, Mary - great to know you are seeing a breakthrough. We all know that men who are 'down' are the worst patients. Here's to a quick recovery although you both have a long and arduous journey ahead of you. Still saying the prayers.

MayinJerset
June 6th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Mary, Thanks for starting us off this morning. Keep the faith girl and DH will slowly get back to his old self as he recovers. Mine had a minor procedure and was a pain in the butt, was supposed to use a walker for a day or two but refused and probably set his recovery back a bit.

Nice cool sunny day and I'm going to get a little laundry going and clean a floor or two before heading up to my sewing room to make a few doll quilts. Have one little top, backing and binding done and need to sew 2 more together. Also need to take photo of COC quilt top I made and get it, along with backing and binding, off to our Blondie. Wanted to quilt it myself but my back is bothering me this week so this one goes off half done. Would like to make another COC but have to keep my mind focused on the doll quilts or I'll get nothing accomplished. 78111

Jean Sewing Machine
June 6th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Men can be the worst patients and totally try our patience! Hope he gets to feeling better soon, for everybody's sake!

Today is D Day, we remember those who bravely were a part of this historical event in history. My dad was part of the 82nd Airborne, but suffered an illness after the Italian invasion that took him out of the war before this event. It's been interesting to hear the interviews on TV of some of the vets who were part of this day. Thank you all of you who served our country in all wars and in peace.

Have a great Friday and weekend, all!

KnitWitRosie
June 6th, 2014, 10:41 AM
TGIF Everyone!!

Mpyles - you made me giggle about your DH! Mine is so bad, I actually HIDE when he isn't feeling well or has to go to the dr. SUCH A BIG BABY!! Whines and complains, I can't do anything right, yadda yadda yadda.

I'm so glad today is Friday!! I'm going to have the house to myself tonight as Hubby is going out for a guys night. :D Throwing my headphones on and getting to basting up my quilt so I can (hopefully) get started on the actual quilting part this weekend.

Housework is backed up, mountains of laundry to do, grocery store to get to.... All going to get done tomorrow morning so I have the rest of the day to enjoy. I think I'm going to keep my phone on vibrate all weekend (we don't have a house phone) so I can get some work done. No obligations, no distractions. That's the plan... we'll see how that goes. Lol.

Happy Friday everyone!! Hope you have a fabulous day!

Monique
June 6th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Good morning everyone. Sick men are NO FUN to be around. When mine is sick, I live in another room in the house.

News update - I have accepted an offer on the property next door, next step is to find a notary. WOOHOO!!

Yesterday I was in my sewing room trying to decide what I was going to work on at the retreat. I pulled out 4 uncompleted projects. I did 4 swaps here and the blocks are just sitting there. SO, that is what I will be working on.

Not much going on today. Tomorrow hubby is going fishing with a buddy. I hope they get lots of fish. YUM YUM. I am supposed to be going with a friend to Renfrew this weekend as they are having a quilt show. Our own Denis will be there. I am looking forward to that.

Have a wonderful weekend friends. Stay safe.

EmmaB
June 6th, 2014, 11:01 AM
FRIDAY! YES!!!

I'm ready to get this workday over with so the weekend can begin. Not that I have any plans, just ready to just "be".

Glad your hubby is on the road to recovery Mary. Now that he can get some good rest maybe he won't be as crabby. I don't see how anyone is able to rest in a hospital. People coming in and out of the room every hour on the hour, it's craziness. I know they have to do this but a person just can't rest good like that.

DD will be house sitting for her cousin this weekend so I will have the house all to myself until sometime Sunday afternoon. Let the fun begin!!

BobW
June 6th, 2014, 11:36 AM
Well, it is Friday. I'm glad everyone is up and going. I have been watching the TV and enjoying the stories on the D-Day Invasion. Feeling fortunate that there are brave men (and now women) who are willing to sacrifice so that we are safe and able to the life we do. One of the news reports dealt with the families and the small towns the men came from and how they were changed by D-Day. It kind of makes my problems seem small and insignificant in comparison.

On a much lighter note, I'm going to drive 25 miles over to Fulton, MO for a haircut (it's a long story of why I drive to Fulton for a haircut) and while I'm there I will visit a cousin who is in a nursing home. I also want to check out a new art gallery that has opened in downtown ( I was born and lived in Fulton until 8th grade and moved back after graduating). So it is always a nice treat to get to go back and visit.

Fulton is a wonderful small Missouri town with much history. It is the location of the oldest mental hospital this side of the Mississippi River. They are home to William Woods University, which has one of the best equestrian programs in the US and Westminster College. Westminster is home of the National Churchill Museum, including a sculpture made out of part of the Berlin Wall done by Winston Churchill's granddaughter. Westminster is also the site of the famous Churchill speech "Sinews of Peace" where the phrase "An iron curtain has descended across Europe." There are also many other historical links to Fulton, but I won't bore you with them today.

Have a safe and happy Friday.