PDA

View Full Version : Tonight this Night Owl was pondering about online matches and dating.

MayinJerset
June 6th, 2014, 03:16 AM
Been up since 7am and now at 2am I am ready for bed. Most days I either have a little cat nap in the afternoon or fall asleep for an hour or so in the evening while watching TV but not today so I don't know what kept me up so long. Glad I did because I just received an email from a friend, been waiting to hear from her as she decided to meet a guy she met on match.com. They are going to meet for the first time this weekend at a sporting event, hope it goes well for both of them.

Question - What do you think of online matches and dating? I know many people have found great mates, partners and/or compatible companions that way. Would you try it if you were a single or divorced mature woman who found the local area bare of really nice guys? We have a few guys here so what do you guys think?

sewluvit
June 6th, 2014, 05:40 AM
I don't know May, I would likely be afraid to try it but I guess I can't say for sure unless I was in that position. I hope your friend's meeting is very successful and she finds a good mate! There are lots of lonely ppl out there and any way they can find each other is a good thing I think!!

irishrn
June 6th, 2014, 07:02 AM
I think you have to approach this with an eye of caution! Both my children did it, one married now, one dating! But they were careful! Always let someone know where they were and where they were meeting and sent them the guy/girl info so someone else knew who they were with. They did a lot of emailing, phone calls and did some skype meetings before actually meeting up!
My daughters final decision was if the dog liked the guy! He didn't like two of them, loved her current beau!!
My son took his dog with him to the first meet up in the park. But we found out later my DIL had a friend out walking in the park too to keep an eye on her!!
But my girlfriend, now in her 50's met a wonderful man after several other guys and is now married and so very happy!!!
Just be very slow and judicious ! It can be a lot of fun too!, good luck!

shermur
June 6th, 2014, 08:44 AM
I didn't make it to bed yet...I started the Curved Log Cabin block; I'm using Weeds by Me and My Sister (Moda) and a white honey bun.
I can't wait to see how it will turn out!

EmmaB
June 6th, 2014, 11:11 AM
I tried it out 10 years ago and it wasn't for me. I think it works better around the bigger cities but not so much rural areas. I only met up with two men (I told a friend of mine all the details and information). At that time, the men my age were mostly looking for a hookup even though the profiles said otherwise. I also found them to be very full of themselves.

Works for some, but didn't for me.

MayinJerset
June 6th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Know what you mean Emma - this friend's profile photo is a very nice one of her wearing a blazer but when I looked at the profiles of other woman her age they were dressed very sexy.

A quilting pal of mine tried on line dating recently and was very disappointed when they met for the first time as all he talked about was himself. She was up front that she had 3 teen aged children but he never asked about them even though they are triplets. Would have thought them being triplets would have prompted him to ask at aleast one question about them.