PDA

View Full Version : back from vacation

mamaquilt
June 28th, 2011, 05:54 PM
It's nearly Wednesday here in Luxembourg and also as hot as in Italy.
Glad to be back, it was just too hot.

A very nice region around the Lago de Garda.

I was disappointed from Venice. Too many people, too expensive, too hot. Liked all the small alleys alot better than St. Marcus place or the Rialto bridge or Canale Grande.
Didn't find one craft/quilt shop during the whole vacation, but got 2 nice pair of italian shoes. Can only wear them for a visit to a restaurant,:D:D:D but they are so lovely I had to have them.

Got also some nice pearls on a local market for my oriental shawl, which will be the next project to finish.
But first I'll have to look after the garden and the flowers, do all the washing and ironing. Having finished that, I think I'll need another vacation.

I also post a picture from the canneloni's I ate in memory of you girls, but I was disappointed, I like my DH's alot better.

debinmalaga
June 28th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Hi Michele, glad you're back from your trip. Sorry about the lack of craft/quilt shops!

Loonwatcher
June 28th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Glad you're back. Vacations are great even if they aren't what you expected or hoped for. It's just good to get away for a while and makes you appreciate getting back. Thanks for the pics.

Bubby
June 28th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Traveling is a wonderful treat, but there's no place like home......Glad you had a safe trip. Barb

Sandy Navas
June 28th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Welcome home!! Thanks for having some canneloni for us - they sure don't look like what I'm used to. Kinda like the time we spent in Spain. I love gazpacho but what we were served in Spain was very thin and tasteless - not even as thick as tomato juice. Sure would like to see your snazzy new shoes!!

RFREE
June 28th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Welcome back Momaquilt! I agree there's no place like home!!!

meemeecyn
June 28th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Welcome back, Mamaquilt! Thanks for the chance to eat the canneloni vicariously through you! Yum! (hey, at least no calories. Lol) I guess it wouldn't be a vacation to Italy without something to bring home....your sandals was a great idea! Now back to normalcy and sewing!!!!
Cynthia

Susan M
June 28th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Welcome back. Glad you had a safe trip.