PDA

View Full Version : What a week!!

Momofmonsters5
June 5th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Monday started rough with a long long day. Tuesday I was in the ER with son #1 for his asthma. Son #2 came home Tuesday complaining about a stomach ache. He stayed home from school Wednesday throwing up I kept asking him where the pain was, he didn't seem to be in a lot of pain. It bugged me so 1am I decided to take him to the ER. By 6 emergency surgery to remove his appendix! He's doing very well and making a great recovery. My husband is deployed and I haven't slept in 38 hours! I'm exhausted and just pray this week is over and health has found my family.

Sandy Navas
June 5th, 2014, 09:28 AM
You are getting sleepy, you eyelids are heavy, you will rest . . . do I sound as if I've hypnotized you???? Why is it when you are on your own that you are always met with challenges?

RoseMA
June 5th, 2014, 09:56 AM
Wow, so glad you took son #2 to the er, that could have been really bad otherwise. When you say "deployed" I assume you mean he's military, so for that I thank you for what you do and have to deal with while he's away, as well as thanks to him for his service.

I was always the one deployed, and as a single parent that was really difficult leaving my daughter in the care of others while I had to be away. My last deployment, my caregiver made the mistake of sending me an e-mail every day with whatever was going on. Well one day my daughter had gotten hurt, but she didn't mention how bad or that it had been taken care of; and then we had server issues onboard the ship and I didn't get email again for a week. That was horrendous, not knowing what was going on.