PDA

View Full Version : Terrific Tuesday

Blondie
June 28th, 2011, 07:38 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/tuesday.gif

Happy Tuesday Morning, ladies!

Sandy, I need you to keep thinking rain for us. Got us a real biggie last night. And a surprise too. Hallelujah! Luscious even got stuck in the truck for about 15 minutes! He ran out to get the windows in his truck up and when he did, the buckets began dumping rain, the lightning literally danced all in our yard and he thought it best to stay where he was until it let up a bit. LOL..

Getting ready to go out and pick some more blackberries. Hey, I have such an abundance this year. One of my friends told me that a local nurseries is selling the blackberries for 13 bucks a gallon! Perhaps I should set a sign out at the road for the blackberries and then the blueberries. Now I have sold my blueberries in the past, as well as veggies, especially my corn. Just haven't had the time in the past few years to do everything that I would like to do. I still get calls now and again about the blueberries. hmmmm.

Got the second of the sister's quilts almost done. I have been sewing my fingers to the bone. I have one more border panel to hand quilt and then I will join it. the fun will be all the hand quilting and stitching on the seams. My poor fingers. I am not very adept with thimbles. I know we've had this conversation before. I have spent a small fortune on them. Just can't get a good seat. I will be stitching during the trial this morning. Even hubs is just hooked on it. He calls from work to ask what's shaking with it. Sigh. I dont know what I will do when the trial is over, LOL!!

Have a great day ladies. Enjoy the sweet scents of honeysuckle and carolina jasmine.

quiltingtrish
June 28th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Sounds like you are getting lots of stitching done Blondie. I need to get a hand project ready so I can just pick it up during tv times.

Raining right now but I'm going to get ready for my walk anyway. It looks like there will be a break before the larger storms come later today.

Think I will try that vinyl on the sewing machine today. I'm excited to get that quilt finished and it's doable since it's a small one.

Have a great day everyone.

Hugs,

SuzyQue
June 28th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Good morning, all. Looks like a lovely day here.....not too hot....less humidity. Will spend it in the sewing nook, helping a friend learn to piece. She is making a table runner. We chat, laugh, and sew. It is always fun. I have been mass producing sleep pants/shorts and short sleeve shirts for myself. It is very productive, but not as creative as piecing and quilting. Hope everyone has a lovely day!

Sandy Navas
June 28th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Awwww, Blondie. I didn't know there would be lightening included in the buckets of rain I was sending. I am sure glad LL had the wherewithal to stay in his truck. I'm laughing now, but that is a pretty scary situation. I am reminded of one time Al and I were about three miles from home and witnessed horizontal lightening. We started home and it began raining with heavy hail. We sure didn't want the car damaged and had no automatic garage door opener. I told Al I would jump out and open the door so he could drive right in. I did, of course getting pelted and saturated to the bone. And the second he drove in the garage the storm stopped. We got some good laughs over that. We had an enclosed patio at the time and the hailstones were about 6 inches deep there.

My cousin was saying her sweet corn had been flattened by the rains, etc., she is on the look out for some Resurrection Corn to plant next year. We had 4-6 inches of rain here night before last.

I am hoping that I get some BOMs done today. I have the whole day free and don't intend to answer the telephone or go out of the house. Wish me stamina.

I'm still waiting to hear from some dear friends here - where's Paula? What about Jan? She's the only one who is in contact with Gina, too. Hoping Blondie has great reports on her Mom and that Trish gets to see Katie. Praying for all who need it, sending hope and strength to those who need it, and lots of hugs to everyone!

debinmalaga
June 28th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Good morning, everyone! I'm a few days into my vacation, and should have gotten a LOT more sewing done by now. Just been in a bit of a sewing slump, I guess, but got most of a QFK top done and will work on it more today. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

toggpine
June 28th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Morning!
Deb, you're on vacation. Do what ever you feel like. I know it's not very productive, but don't add stress to a relaxing break!
Sandy thanks for sharing your rain. You sent most of it towards Blondie so we only received a couple of nice showers that last two days. The humidity can go though.
Blondie, I have no idea how you get so much done. I have a hard time with the thimbles too. I finally went with a jelly thimble when I need one. I liked the idea of the stick on one, but the plastic stuff still dented in and hurt my finger. Good luck sweetie!
Sandy, wishing you speedy sewing with the BOMs!
Off to feed and milk! Check in with you all later!
Take Care! Cathy

toggpine
June 28th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Suzy, are you making the summer jammies out of cotton or t-shirt material? I need to make some for Em & I and I was wondering how tough the shirt part is. I have made the pants/shorts before, so I know what I'm getting into there.
Thanks! C

bakermom
June 28th, 2011, 01:31 PM
quiet day here. I've done my "chores" so i'll be heading upstairs to sew a bit. i can totally relate to all of your storm stories, i got caught in two last week on the same day. Had to pull over cause I couldn't see the road. Glad i did , it was flooded bably about 50 feet ahead of me. Sandy, i saw horizontal lightning once, that is so weird!
Trish, I hope the vinyl helps you. make sure it is taped securely so it doesn't shift. Suzy, your mass produced pj's remind me of the days i would sew for my kids. Got real good at that! one Christmas I made 10 pairs of pajama pants.

Sandy Navas
June 28th, 2011, 03:55 PM
I've made three pj bottoms today. Bet the rest of the girls put in their orders as soon as they see these. Also started on my BOM for the local quilt guild but the picture and directions don't seem to match. Came to check out and see if I could find a colored picture instead of a B&W. Not feeling on top of the world today.

Monique
June 28th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Well it is almost the end of the day for this gal. Yesterday I got to spend the day and night at a friend's cottage. We spent most of the day kayaking on the lake. It was a very beautiful hot and sunny day and this old gal forgot to put sunscreen on. Weeeeelll, did my legs ever get burned. They are really sore. And then to top it off, she has two cats of which I am allergic to and this morning I could not breathe right.

Happy to say I am back home and will get a good night's sleep tonight.

Night night all, see you in the morning.

meemeecyn
June 28th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Happy Tuesday everyone! Sounds like we all try and sew when we can. Ordered the daily deal a few days ago and am anxious to use the Christmas stuff I ordered at the same time. Trying to get some projects completed for the hospital Auxiliary craft fair in Nov.

Hope your burn is less sore, Monique. Sandy....pj's....a great idea! Em would love them, Cathy.:) Do what you want while on vacaaa, Deb! Blondie...with your berries.....do you make stuff and then freeze/can? Sounds delish!

Take care everyone. 'See' you tomorrow!
Cynthia

SuzyQue
June 28th, 2011, 10:52 PM
Cathy----I make mine out of cotton or cotton polyester.....whatever I can find in the stash that will work at the time.I have made oversized t-shirt nighties from cotton knit, in the past. If you wanted to you could make the pants, then buy cheap t-shirts and add some embellishments, rick rack, lace, ribbon, or appliques to match the pants......cute and faster than making the tops. Actually, the tops aren't difficult....just take it one step at a time. You can do this!

SuzyQue
June 28th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Bakermom----yes, I sewed for my kids this way, too. Much more productive to make 10 little t-shirts production style than individually. I just feel like a little factory worker for a little bit, than quickly get back to more creative sewing and quilting. Works for me.

toggpine
June 29th, 2011, 02:35 AM
I buy the larger boy's t-shirts in plain colors and then will add ruffled edges with the serger. IF I can find the shirts on sale. I was just wondering how quickly they went together and if they were hard to do. I have used flannel and fleece for pants, but not knits or regular cotton. Em is growing fast enough that I'm going to have to do something soon! Gotta finish the baby quilt for her soon-to-be nephew first. I have always found that an assembly line for multiples of projects works the best.
Thanks for your tips!
Cathy

Shirley
June 29th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Morning Everyone!
I wanted to ask Sandy if she could possibly send us some of that rain. It is so hot and dry here in Kansas (102 degrees today) and she wouldn't have to send it too far. :)
Everyone have a great day and enjoy whatever you are doing! I am cuttting the binding for a quilt and hope to get it sewn on so I can watch the trial. Zumba class tonight.
Shirley

Sandy Navas
June 29th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Morning Everyone!
I wanted to ask Sandy if she could possibly send us some of that rain. It is so hot and dry here in Kansas (102 degrees today) and she wouldn't have to send it too far. :)Shirley

Shirley, we can re-route the Missouri River over your way if you need irrigation. I can't believe what the people who live near it are having to endure. What a disaster. The damage from the flooding is beyond my comprehension.