PDA

View Full Version : What have I done?!

Madeforyouinma11
June 4th, 2014, 12:03 PM
I have been on a roll de cluttering rooms in my home. Up until now it has been a wonderful process..getting rid of things I don't use, making room for the things I do use. I've done my living room, kitchen and dining room. Julia's room just needs the closet to be done and my sewing room needs a little work. I decided today that I was going to start my bedroom. My bedroom was originally the attic so it runs the length of the house. OMG! I started in my closet and already I am in such a mess...LOL I know I will feel so much better once it is done, just like the other rooms, but I think this room is going to take me MUCH longer to do. Well, I was just taking a break and now I need to get back at it. Wish me luck. I'll be back later with an update.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 4th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Oh yes, I feel your pain! I had to clean mine a couple of weeks ago to get a new mattress! Mine isn't as big as yours, but it was a big job!

Terry L
June 4th, 2014, 12:18 PM
In my house that is the one room I have been avoiding :D I wish you a speedy process

alliek
June 4th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Just think how great you'll feel when you accomplish this task. One step at a time. You'll get there. Ha! I need to use this on myself, my basement and garage need it!!:lol:

KnitWitRosie
June 4th, 2014, 12:25 PM
That is on my to do list for sometime in the next month or so, and I'm definitely not looking forward to it!!

My downstairs is pretty good with the exception of the spare bedroom which looks like a thrift store threw up in it. It has become the "I don't know where else to put it so I'm gonna dump it in here" room and it's driving me batty!! Our closets upstairs are way beyond overdue. Hubby is addicted to t-shirts and has two closets full of them!! It's high time he goes thru them and purges the ones he doesn't wear anymore, but I know it's going to be a struggle to get him to do it. I've also gotta tackle my "craft cave" and dr stash a bunch of crafting supplies I don't need/want anymore (mainly scrapbooking stuff and yarn). We have a cozy three-bedroom condo and we're bursting at the seams with STUFF!!!

Wishing you good luck and a speedy finish!! {{HUGS}}

vchale
June 4th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Oh no! I've been putting off my garage forever. Well, actually 6 years because my daughter loves helping with this but she just had her 4th baby in 6 years so she's been no help. My son and his new wife who live in Brooklyn are talking about living with us while they search for jobs and apt in LA and I don't know where we would put their stuff.

SallyO'Sews
June 4th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Just take it in small increments, such as 20 minutes at a time, or deciding you're going to put 5 (or 10, or....) things where they belong right now, and then STOP.
It really will get done, and you don't have to feel overwhelmed or exhausted.

And as soon as you're finished, step back, smile, pat yourself on the back, and say "What a wonderful woman!"

Then call me, and I will give you my address, so you can start on my house... :lol:

Familyjournals
June 4th, 2014, 01:45 PM
I have been on a roll de cluttering rooms in my home. Up until now it has been a wonderful process..getting rid of things I don't use, making room for the things I do use. I've done my living room, kitchen and dining room. Julia's room just needs the closet to be done and my sewing room needs a little work. I decided today that I was going to start my bedroom. My bedroom was originally the attic so it runs the length of the house. OMG! I started in my closet and already I am in such a mess...LOL I know I will feel so much better once it is done, just like the other rooms, but I think this room is going to take me MUCH longer to do. Well, I was just taking a break and now I need to get back at it. Wish me luck. I'll be back later with an update.
When I have a project like that, for inspiration I watch an episode of Hoarders.....speeds me up every time.

cindyinohio
June 4th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Been there..done that..feel your pain!!! But my problem is, once I get it finished it seems to need re-done again. I don't know where it all comes from!!!

Sheena
June 4th, 2014, 01:54 PM
don't worry, I've still got knickers from the 70's. Trendy or what!

quiltingtrish
June 4th, 2014, 02:13 PM
Cil - you've done all those other rooms, you've got this! When you are finished, it will feel like a breath of fresh air.
I just cleaned out Katie's room and hit the basement this morning. About another hour or so down there and then I think I will sew.
Good luck!

Madeforyouinma11
June 4th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Thanks everyone for the encouragement. Sally, if I did it in 20 min increments it would never get done. I'm a get it done and over with kinda gal..once I start it, I just want it done. It's coming along. I've emptied, vacuumed and washed the walls in my closet and put everything I want to keep back in. Now I'm working on the outside of the closet and working my way over to hubby's closet. It's supposed to rain for the next couple of days, so I'm staying up here until it's done.

SandyWhite
June 4th, 2014, 07:34 PM
Oh how I admire you. I need to do this too.