PDA

View Full Version : She finished!!

EmmaB
June 4th, 2014, 07:59 AM
After almost 2 years DD finished her cosmetology hours!! My mom and I went to her school on her last day and took her to lunch and the girls at her school got her an ice cream cake. I'm so proud of her. It was so nice to see her full of smiles.

Then last night she called her dad. According to her, not once did he say he was proud of her. She was so upset. Maybe one day he will let her forget her past. I'll just pray for that and that one day they will have a decent relationship. What a jerk

Jean Sewing Machine
June 4th, 2014, 09:11 AM
Congratulations to her and to you for standing by her as she worked to this goal.

HandsomeRyan
June 4th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Congrats!

Think she can do anything for my hairstyle? :)

MayinJerset
June 4th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Sending Big Congrats to your DD for accomplishing her goal and for you too for encouraging her. You two gals Rock!

Sandy Navas
June 4th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Sharon - never fear, this experience will strengthen your DD. Tell her we're all so very proud of her for her perseverance and a great big CONGRATULATIONS for both of you and what you have endured together.

Vonnie
June 4th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Tell her congrats! That's a lot of hard work and long hours! I have had a few relatives go through it. I have heard horror stories about some of the customers that go through for them to practice on. Some of them give the students a really hard time.

Did she and the other students practice on each other? Different hair color every day? Multiple colors?

asta
June 4th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Congrats to your DD for this accomplishment, it is certainly something to be proud of.

rebeccas-sewing
June 4th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Congratulations! So sad that her dad is so unsupportive. We can't give up on them. I think parents need to encourage their children whenever they possibly can. After all, where else can they turn for the support they need? Growing up is so difficult and often. It's a parents job to encourage them. Not to make them feel bad about themselves. That doesn't solve anything. It usually makes it worse.

EmmaB
June 4th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Thanks everyone.

@Ryan...LOL! She can give a mean scalp massage!!

While attending she would tell me stories of some of her crabby people that sat in her chair, but then there are clients that I'm sure she will miss. I'm just so proud that she stuck with it even though she had many, many struggles.

WendyI
June 4th, 2014, 01:58 PM
Well her dad IS a jerk! I WILL be proud of her for him!! WTG DOLLY!!! Way to kick butt! CONGRATULATIONS! YOU ROCK!!

There! THAT's what he should have said.

EmmaB
June 4th, 2014, 04:22 PM
You guys are so great!

Monique
June 4th, 2014, 07:42 PM
Congratulations to you as a mom and to her for graduating.

Karma will get Jerkface.

Hulamoon
June 4th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Congrats to her! I went to a hair styling school to get my hair permed. My hair was down to my waist and it took four girls to do it. They were so fun.

What are her plans?

Sharyn J
June 4th, 2014, 08:03 PM
Congratulations to both of you. My GD is also in cosmetology school. It's a lot of work and I know that you're proud of her!

Now when are you going to get a purple strip in your hair? :D

nonnietomany
June 4th, 2014, 08:11 PM
Congratulations to both of you, my daughter had some rocky teenage years, she graduated cosmetology school in 2001 and has now owned her own business for over 5 years. Lots of hard work but so proud of her. Trish

auntiemern
June 4th, 2014, 10:28 PM
Congrats to both of you. You for being her wonderful mom, and stand up parent....and her for finishing her schooling, and getting her life on track. That is not always an easy thing to do.

marytfnp
June 4th, 2014, 10:43 PM
Congratulations! That is wonderful

quiltingtrish
June 4th, 2014, 11:31 PM
Congratulations to your daughter! That is a lot of hard work and I'm proud of her for sticking it out.

maxwellthecat
June 5th, 2014, 02:20 AM
Congratulations to your DD and to you too.

EmmaB
June 5th, 2014, 07:31 AM
No purple stripe for me Sharyn. My hair is just now looking healthy again after all the coloring and highlights from when she first started school.

Lori: she has some options but she's not sure yet which one to go with. She has to take her state board test and the earliest she can do that is July 7. A local shop contacted her a few days ago to see if she would like to assist with a wedding party this Saturday she also has a chair open. The owner has asked if she would be interested but DD is not sure she would be comfortable there.

We shall see where the wind blows my beautiful girl.