PDA

View Full Version : Why do people own dogs...

Hulamoon
June 3rd, 2014, 03:35 AM
And yell at them for jumping around the car when they get out to go into the store. I went up to a little store up near me and a lady was yelling stay off my seats! I told you to stay off my seats! I finally looked over because I thought she was talking to a kid and it was a little dog jumping around.

Why the heck do you take your little dog in the car if you don't want it jumping around waiting for you to come back? She was still yelling at it through the window when she came back too. I don't know why I'm so annoyed.

just my rambling of the day. lol

Sheena
June 3rd, 2014, 03:55 AM
I'd be annoyed too. She shouldn't be shouting at the dog who is happy to see her. She's saying to the dog 'I'm cross with you because you're ahappy to see me.'

Maybe she should get a cage for the back of the car. The dog can have a snooze while she's away and no damage will be done when she gets back. Simple really.

Sylvia H
June 3rd, 2014, 03:56 AM
They anthropomorphize the dog - believing dogs have the same thoughts and feelings (and understanding) as humans. They either don't know how to train the dog, or are too lazy to train the dog. Either reason is unacceptable. There are a multitude of resources available on positive reinforcement dog training. And dogs deserve better than to be yelled at when they weren't trained to behave properly.

rebeccas-sewing
June 3rd, 2014, 04:13 AM
I would definitely say she has a lot between her ears - AIR! I sure do feel sorry for all the innocent animals that find themselves imprisoned with people who mistreat them.

CountryHut
June 3rd, 2014, 09:06 AM
- shouldn't have left a the fur baby in the car while in the store to begin with

bubba
June 3rd, 2014, 11:35 AM
Mine don't go in the car unless they are in their kennels. People don't realize how dangerous it is to drive around w/a dog loose in the car. If you are in an accident, it will go airborn and nothing good will come of it. I really don't understand why anyone would take their dog in the car in the heat of Hawaii! Don't they have to leave their windows down so it doesn't overheat??

Pandabear
June 3rd, 2014, 12:00 PM
Yeah.... She was an idiot. First for leaving the dog in the car, second for yelling at something the dog is naturally prone to do.

We bought a covering to put on the backseat of our truck for the horde when they all get in. They are never left alone. (I don't doubt Tiberius would find a way to hotwire the darn thing).

Hulamoon
June 3rd, 2014, 12:36 PM
It was just a little country store where you run in to get a quart of milk so the car wasn't the problem it was her anger that was so unsettling. I had a thought to go ask her if she was okay, but thought she might just say it's none of your business.

When I was taking some college classes here I parked next to a truck where a dog was tied up and there was no water. I left a note and said I'm watching you. It happened again and I left another note. I hope he got the hint.

bubba
June 3rd, 2014, 02:52 PM
:icon_stunned::icon_stunned::icon_stunned::icon_st unned:

Hulamoon
June 3rd, 2014, 03:10 PM
:icon_stunned::icon_stunned::icon_stunned::icon_st unned:

lol Pat .....

Midge
June 3rd, 2014, 04:25 PM
Hulamoon, you are more patient than I am, and the other citizens around here, too! Around here when people see dogs closed up in a car on a hot day (or extremely cold day for that matter) they call the police and wait till they arrive. An animal cruelty charge awaits them. My dear little dog loves to go with me in the car, and looks very sad and abused when he sees me readying to leave without telling him he is going too. But in the summer I wouldn't leave him to await my return.

K. McEuen
June 3rd, 2014, 05:15 PM
I used to load Spike in the truck on the passenger side, front or back, and no matter he always was sitting in the driver's seat when I went to get in. I always told him "You aren't driving, move." He'd jump over the console and would lay down in the other seat and enjoy the ride. No clue why he always got into my seat though ...

WendyI
June 3rd, 2014, 09:56 PM
I can't even respond to this it makes me so mad. People are dumb. :icon_rolleyes:

Hulamoon
June 3rd, 2014, 10:05 PM
I used to load Spike in the truck on the passenger side, front or back, and no matter he always was sitting in the driver's seat when I went to get in. I always told him "You aren't driving, move." He'd jump over the console and would lay down in the other seat and enjoy the ride. No clue why he always got into my seat though ...

Because you were getting in on that side. Anticipation! He loved you:)

Familyjournals
June 3rd, 2014, 10:52 PM
:icon_attention:Red flag! She shouldn't be in charge of anything living, hope she doesn't have children, poor dog, she probably even yells at her plants......the only thing living she could be trusted with is bacteria...well maybe not even that.

Gina
June 3rd, 2014, 11:02 PM
Some people simply should not have pets! Poor baby!

maxwellthecat
June 4th, 2014, 01:58 AM
She has to be a very lonely lady to pick on a poor defensive dog. Too bad the dog didn't bite her, although the woman probably has rabies.:icon_evil::icon_slap:

Hulamoon
June 4th, 2014, 02:08 AM
:icon_attention:Red flag! She shouldn't be in charge of anything living, hope she doesn't have children, poor dog, she probably even yells at her plants......the only thing living she could be trusted with is bacteria...well maybe not even that.

lol okay that cracked me up. I have probably yelled at weeds before. But never thought about yelling at a plant. That was funny :)