PDA

View Full Version : Prayers and positive thoughts appreciated.....

EnumclawGramma
June 2nd, 2014, 09:29 PM
My 13 year old Grandaughter HATES sports. Hates them. Yoga, volleyball, running, baseball....you name it. Except for HOCKEY! She has waited all year for the hockey unit in her gym class because she loves it so much. And of course it's the LAST unit of the year. They play it indoors, they started the hockey unit last Tuesday. Happy happy girl, she gets to play her favorite sport to the end of the school year! Well worth waiting for!

UNTIL....

Friday my daughter got a call from the school. My Grandaughter had fallen in PE and needed to be picked up because she was actually in pain. Well sir, long story short: She collided with the biggest boy in school, when she hit the floor she heard a "snap" (ugh) but her first thought was "oh no! He's gonna score!". She tried to get up but couldn't. Her ankle is broken in THREE places, basically the only thing holding her foot on right now (sorry) is tissue. Tomorrow she'll go in for surgery for pins, plates and screws to put her back together. Then begins the L O N G process of healing. No more hockey. Possibly no more school. And scarey times for this 13 year old.

Asking for prayers and healing thoughts please. My DGD Kaya needs a good night sleep tonight and a good experience tomorrow. She's terrified about the entire process. And finally for a speedy recovery that is as pain free as we can possibly make it.

Thanks for reading. I'll keep all my quilty sisters posted.

alliek
June 2nd, 2014, 09:37 PM
Healing Prayers for your GD and prayers for peace of heart. She is young, still growing, maybe with therapy she will be able to have full function of her ankle. So sorry, poor kid. I feel for her. Something similar happened to my oldest son who sprained his ankle just before a very special college baseball tryout. He was devastated and tried to put on his cleats and go to it anyway, but he couldn't walk walk without a crutch! He got over it, played for his college for the four years. Life goes on, although at 13 that's difficult to see right now. Hugs for all.

ejgilly
June 2nd, 2014, 09:38 PM
Dear Lord! Adding your DGD to my prayer list.

MayinJerset
June 2nd, 2014, 09:40 PM
Healing thoughts and prayers headed your granddaughter's way. May

Doloris
June 2nd, 2014, 09:42 PM
prayers going up for GD and mom. I was that mom a few years ago. :) My son did something similar when he was rebuilding his house after it got hit by lightening and burned to the ground. Sheets of wall board fell on him and snapped his ankle. He showed me his x rays, not a pretty sight.
That was about 10 years ago and he gets around fine now.

Kgrammiecaz
June 2nd, 2014, 09:43 PM
Oh my. Hugs flying her way

ilive2craft2
June 2nd, 2014, 09:44 PM
Oh Libby, that sounds so painful. I have you all in my prayers. Hoping that since she is so young that her healing will amaze the docs!

Bailey65
June 2nd, 2014, 09:45 PM
Prayers headed your way!

JCY
June 2nd, 2014, 09:50 PM
My GD loves soccer, too. She's had 2 fractures in her ankle. When she got better, she was able to play with a brace to support her ankle. Now, she's fine and plays every year. She made her HS varsity team the past 2 yrs. & usually plays goalie. There will be playing time ahead for your GD, but oh, what a disappointment now. JCY

sewbizzy
June 2nd, 2014, 09:51 PM
Libby, I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers....

K. McEuen
June 2nd, 2014, 10:03 PM
Yeah ... That snap is a nasty sound to hear. I knew my leg was broken before I hit the ground. Three places as well for me. A plate, seven screws and a 3 inch pin later. It hurts after they fix it because tissue is all bruised. Tell her to follow Dr's orders and she will heal up fine. She has youth on her side.

Monique
June 2nd, 2014, 10:03 PM
I pray that the surgery goes well and that her recovery time is not too long.

Live to Quilt
June 2nd, 2014, 10:08 PM
I am new hear but feel so bad for your GD Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with yoi all for a painless and speedy recovery
Jean Anne

bubba
June 2nd, 2014, 10:31 PM
I have heard that snap too. I was certain I broke my ankle when it rolled off a curb. Got down to the ER and they said the same thing. Were we all surprised when the xrays showed no break! They said tendons make that same snapping sound as they move quickly. I'd have been better off had I broken it.

Here's hoping to a quick recovery....I'm sure she will be fine!

Sandy Navas
June 2nd, 2014, 11:10 PM
Oh, Libby. What a definite heartbreak for your DGD. Not only the healing process, but at that age - the disappointment in not being able to play knowing how badly she wanted this. Her psyche will need gentle healing, too. Prayers ongoing.

Judy, USMC
June 2nd, 2014, 11:13 PM
Devastating to a teen - and just the word surgery is super scary for her too. Hope all goes well and she heals quickly.

Mpyles
June 3rd, 2014, 12:19 AM
Libby,

Prayers for your granddaughter, she must be in so much pain and sad to say the least. Will pray for healing and comfort during this trying time for her!

MRoy
June 3rd, 2014, 12:53 AM
Prayers for your granddaughter! Bless her heart!

auntiemern
June 3rd, 2014, 01:05 AM
Libby, so very sorry to hear this. That would be scary for an adult, let alone a child. Prayers for it to be as easy and pain free as possible. Keep us up to date.

tamsterg7
June 3rd, 2014, 01:48 AM
Libby, prayers for skilled surgeons and healing for your GD, and comfort for you, Mom and the rest of the family while she is in surgery. It will be a slow process, but PT's are wonderful and I am sure she will work hard to recover. Keep us posted!

stationarymom
June 3rd, 2014, 02:10 AM
Prayers done. I hope she heals without any trouble. do you know if she is done growing?

maxwellthecat
June 3rd, 2014, 02:17 AM
I will say special healing prayers to your DGD. I hope it will be as pain free as possible

RoseMA
June 3rd, 2014, 02:24 AM
Hugs and wishes for a complete, speedy, and minimally painful recovery.

bkthomas
June 3rd, 2014, 03:02 AM
Awwww......poor girl! You got it!

rebeccas-sewing
June 3rd, 2014, 05:30 AM
Oh my gosh, Libby! My heart goes out to your dear granddaughter. I can't even imagine the pain that dear child is experiencing let alone the disappointment she's feeling at being so incapacitated. Our prayer warriors here on the Forum will do their best. I'm sure you and her family are feeling very anxious about this. I'm so sorry. Let us know the outcome of the surgery.

Iris Girl
June 3rd, 2014, 05:32 AM
Healing thoughts coming your way

Blondie
June 3rd, 2014, 06:06 AM
Aw Libby! You know I am going to pray as soon as this gets posted and since the Luscious One has not left for work yet, it will be included in our morning prayers.
Big hugs to you and Kaya and your DD.

Bubby
June 3rd, 2014, 06:21 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this, Libby. I'll be keeping Kaya and the family in my prayers for a successful surgery and complete recovery. Hugs, Barb

Lissau
June 3rd, 2014, 06:37 AM
Ouch !!! Libby your poor granddaughter please give her a hug from me

pcbatiks
June 3rd, 2014, 06:58 AM
Libby...........adding my prayers for your DGD. That break sounds painful.

Carol336
June 3rd, 2014, 08:39 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this.....praying for healing and comfort for your DGD

Grandma G
June 3rd, 2014, 08:47 AM
Many positive thoughts and prayers headed your way for your granddaughter. Not a good way to end her hockey dream or the school year.

EmmaB
June 3rd, 2014, 10:47 AM
Good thoughts for your grandbaby today Libby!!!!

Marebear
June 3rd, 2014, 12:35 PM
Healing prayers sent your way. I hope your DGD has a quick recovery.

SallyO'Sews
June 3rd, 2014, 01:29 PM
So sorry. Praying for Kaya to be healed in her body, and at peace in her soul.

WendyI
June 3rd, 2014, 09:59 PM
Oh dear...so sorry she's going through this...hoping she heals fast and can play again! (((HUGS)))) to both of you!! xox