PDA

View Full Version : That was a quick turn around!

bubba
May 30th, 2014, 11:54 PM
Took my class machine in the end of last week. They told me two weeks before I'd get it back, but they called yesterday and I picked it up today good as new! Paying for the service agreement ($99 for four years) was well worth it for adjustments, tune up and a deep cleaning! I know they charge well over that for just a cleaning!

Kgrammiecaz
May 31st, 2014, 12:26 AM
Good deal. Always good to bit a bit upfront to save repair costs down the line. Happy sewing :)

Judy, USMC
May 31st, 2014, 12:54 AM
You are so right about your service agreement being a great deal - took my Bernina in just for cleaning and it ran $79.

KnitWitRosie
May 31st, 2014, 01:10 AM
That is a great turn around!! I've not had to take my machine in (yet) but dread the day I do. I don't have a backup machine and I know it's gonna cost a pretty penny. Wish I would have gotten the one on my machine, but it would be expired by now anyways and up until recently I had barely used it.

bubba
May 31st, 2014, 01:46 AM
I had never used it before either!!! It's nearly two years in now and I had never had it cleaned....I know, I know. However, it is only my class machine and it rarely gets used and I cleaned and oiled myself at home. Last class, the bobbin tension was out of whack though, so I figured I should use what I paid for!

maxwellthecat
May 31st, 2014, 01:50 AM
Very good deal and you got it back sooner than it was supposed to be.

Sheena
May 31st, 2014, 03:43 AM
I took my Brother compal opus to the repairman because the slider that changes the stiches from choice A to choice B was stuck. He managed to free it and cleaned it for 85 that's $50.7 (and it took 3 days), which probably only what the machine is worth, but now my DD can use it. I used to make lots of clothes for her on it when she was little.

rebeccas-sewing
May 31st, 2014, 04:40 AM
The trick is to mark your calendar so you remember to take it in every year for service. Taking good care of one's machine sure does make a difference in performance and how long the machine lasts, in my opinion.

Cat77
May 31st, 2014, 05:54 AM
Great deal and very quick!

Hmm...I'm sure a service here will cost me an arm and a leg...:(

@Sheena: Did you really mean 85 ($140) or is that a typo? If it's already this expensive in your neck of the woods, I might just have to buy a new machine then...:D

bubba
May 31st, 2014, 11:04 AM
Oh, I can take it in every month if I wanted to! Just too lazy.......I may have sewn on it a dozen or two times in the 20 months I've had it. I don't take a lot of classes!

Wrenmuzz
May 31st, 2014, 12:14 PM
Great deal and very quick!

Hmm...I'm sure a service here will cost me an arm and a leg...:(

@Sheena: Did you really mean 85 ($140) or is that a typo? If it's already this expensive in your neck of the woods, I might just have to buy a new machine then...:D
Yes, 85 comes out about $140-150. As I said on the 30 for 30 thread, quilting and sewing in general is not a cheap pastime here in the UK.

bubba
May 31st, 2014, 12:33 PM
What they did to my machine, I think they charge $129 for. That is why I bought the service contract which covers everything for four years and cleanings as often as I want......all for $99!