PDA

View Full Version : It's Sunday in Germany

bambine007
June 26th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Hello everybody,

finally it's Sunday. Unfortunally tomorrow I have to work again.

But today I made my first american apple pie :D
I hope It'll be tasty.

I had rough weeks behind me. A load of work. And now I had 4 days off.
I wan't finish my quilts, but I had to do a lot here. Loundry and stuff...

After lunch we'll go for a walk, after that we will taste my american apple pie :D

tell me about your sunday

Monique
June 26th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Good morning Carmen. Not sure what today will bring. I picked about 6 pounds of strawberries yesterday so I might be making jam today. I would like to try and get some quilting in there too.

Take care and have a wonderful day.

Shirley
June 26th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Carmen, Hope your apple pie turns out great!! I made a dutch apple pie for Father's Day and it was delicious!!
Monique, are you making Strawberry Freezer jam? It is my favorite!
My granddaughters are making rag quilts this summer so I plan on finishing the cutting of the squares! I made 5 snap bags and finished them yesterday. I am trying to get some small projects finished.
Everyone have a nice Sunday - it's going to be 100 degrees today so I will stay inside :)
Shirley

Susan M
June 26th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Apple pie sure sounds good. Try with a scoop of vanilla ice cream....:icon_woohoo:
OMG that's delicious! Anyway, I will do minimal cleaning and then some sewing. My son and granddaughter are coming over later, then it is off to dinner. Not sure where but he always picks the best places. Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.

Sandy Navas
June 26th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Starting out to be a nice, cool morning here. Love these summer days when it is cool enough to have the doors and windows open. Not much planned for the day, which means that I get to go sew. I need to get my BOM for the quilt guild finished. I did start cutting pieces yesterday. I also have done some FMQ on Rita's quilt and want to take it out and start over. I pinned it but didn't baste and now I know that was a big error!!! Practice makes perfect (or, in my case, near perfect . . . :-0).

I posted, in Show and Tell, the pillowcase Sierra made yesterday. She went home and told Mom and Dad that the next time she comes over she's going to finish another project and then start work on her own quilt. She told me she wants to do the BOM that I'm working on, but I do believe I have convinced her to start with something a bit more simple. It thrills me that the girls want to be over here sewing with me.

Sure hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Lisaau
June 26th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Gutten morgen Frau Carmen .....du ist gut ?.....ich ist Australae...aufweidershen

Mimis-quilts
June 26th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Sounds like everyone is having a relaxing Sunday...me...I'm at work taking care patients...so far the day hasn't been bad, hope it continues to be like that.
Sandy, my daughter made her first quilt when she was 9 years old...my mom showed her how to sew the blocks together by hand. I'm hoping my grandkids will want to sew...I'm thinking about teaching the boys too!
Have a great day everyone!

bambine007
June 26th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Gutten morgen Frau Carmen .....du ist gut ?.....ich ist Australae...aufweidershen

Hi Lisa,

thanks I'am fine. your german is very cute ;)
How is the sunday in australia?

Lisaau
June 26th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Thanks Carmen I don't know very much. German .... But I try :).....it's 1am monday morning here...can't sleep so I!m in bed husband beside me snoring hahaha ....sitting in bed in the dark using my IPad

bambine007
June 26th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Oh Lisa,
thats nice. I'am still improving my english.
We have a wonderful day today not too hot and not too cold. We took a walk for a hour. That was amazing. We walked in the wood. My son took the bike. After that we tryed my "american apple pie". hmmm... delicious...

Now I go in the basement and go through my fabric. There is my sewing room. Because I weren't there for 2 month. I have a lot to do :-)

Lisaau
June 26th, 2011, 12:20 PM
The walk and apple pie sound great ...enjoy your sewing room ....I live in what we call a "unit"...it's only 2bedrooms very small so I don't have much space ...so I use a video cabinet that was my grandmothers to store my quilting things in and I use my coffee table in front of my couch to use my sewing machine and I!ve got a big cutting mat sitting on my round dining table to cut my fabric on ....I dream about a house of our own so I can have my own sewing room .......one day sigh!!!! If I keep telling myself it will happen one day right??

Bubby
June 26th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Good Morning to you from Missouri, USA. We have had busy Sunday. Up early, early breakfast and then off to church. After church we came home and worked in the yard, as Sunday is our only day to do outdoor chores. It's hot and beautiful here today. I plan to sew on a quilt later this afternoon. Enjoy your days off....Barb

bakermom
June 26th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Ummm, I can almost taste that pie! I'll take ice cream on mine, too please!
Sandy, that pillowcase was so nice. I think you've got her hooked. My youngest girl started making quilts young, about 9 or 10 maybe. Made one every year in 4H till she was 18. The others started at about 12 or so. Again, through 4H. My strawberry patch isn't producing much this year, just enough to munch on, so no jam. DH and BIL are eyeing the blackberries behind Mom's barn so I'm sure they will be in futue. Cool again here today so i'll be sewing until it's time to set up mom's supper.

quiltingtrish
June 26th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Love the pillowcase Sandy and welcome to Carmen.
Just popping in to say hello as I'm off to Dad's here as soon as I go wrangle up the 2 cats and bring in for the day. It's too bad no one is home cause it's beautiful out there for them.

I hope everyone is having a good day - toodles!!!

Hugs,

bambine007
June 26th, 2011, 02:40 PM
... do you eat the apple pie warm, right after baking?
I can imagine, that the pie warm and with vanilla icecream will be very good.

Carol_Ann
June 26th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Hello Carmen!
So pleased to meet you. Apple pie tastes best when warmed. I sometimes add walnuts, raisins or cranberries to the apple filling. It gives a pleasant surprise to the taste. Today I am cutting up a cooked chicken to make into a pot pie for dinner. Come join us !

toggpine
June 26th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Apple pie is great warm or cold, with a crust or a crumble topping. Some people eat with a wedge of sharp cheddar cheese too. Carmen, your English is probably much better than my German. After four years of high school and one year of college lessons, I could probably still figure out how to find a bathroom and get directions, but not have a long conversation! Not bad for 20+ years ago!
The weather here is fabulous today! It should get to about 75 and we have a few nice breezes blowing through. I have some painting to finish up on the little shed. I decided to paint the trim white to match everything else around here. I think technically it is very off white since the patch on the lid has a bit of pink/coral tint to it, but I'm not too picky when shopping the "Oops!" paint section. For $5/gallon it is perfect! I managed to paint everything I could reach yesterday, so now I have to go find a ladder and finish it off. I hate ladders. OK, I really hate edges and heights together, and since ladders usually involve one or both, they get the blame too. It might also be helpful if all of our ladders didn't date from the Civil War. Oh well. It just means that I'll get that part done really fast!
Then I have some transfer gardening to do. I have some big terra cotta pots on the front deck railing that I fill with primroses and violas at the first chance I get to have some color out there after the winter. By about now they have done their thing and need to be moved to the main gardens. Here the primroses and violas are perennials, if you can keep the slugs from chomping them to the ground. I have found some hot pink geraniums on clearance that will look fabulous in the pots, especially once we get the house painted. The house painting task has prompted my sweet Hubby to actually get some stuff cleaned up around the outside of the house.
Might get to some fabric cutting in this evening. Sewing will have to wait until later in the week.
Have a great day! Cathy

patticakes
June 26th, 2011, 11:42 PM
Hello pals!
Just popped in for a late hello. Had a big couple of days, roasting another pig for a friends daughter's graduation party on Saturday. Today I took my honey to breakfast for his birthday and then we had his kids over for a bbq and swimming. I was just about to head to my bed but thought I would see what everyone was up to, but I'll have to finish reading it tomorrow because I can hardly hold my head up!
Wishing everyone a nice evening!

sewsoft
June 27th, 2011, 02:21 AM
All this talk about Apple pie is making me hungry:icon_heh: Hello everyone

bambine007
July 3rd, 2011, 09:09 AM
Hello Carmen!
So pleased to meet you. Apple pie tastes best when warmed. I sometimes add walnuts, raisins or cranberries to the apple filling. It gives a pleasant surprise to the taste. Today I am cutting up a cooked chicken to make into a pot pie for dinner. Come join us !

Dear CA,
mmmhhh... itsounds delicius...
unfortunaly its too far...

bambine007
July 3rd, 2011, 09:15 AM
Apple pie is great warm or cold, with a crust or a crumble topping. Some people eat with a wedge of sharp cheddar cheese too. Carmen, your English is probably much better than my German. After four years of high school and one year of college lessons, I could probably still figure out how to find a bathroom and get directions, but not have a long conversation! Not bad for 20+ years ago!
The weather here is fabulous today! It should get to about 75 and we have a few nice breezes blowing through. I have some painting to finish up on the little shed. I decided to paint the trim white to match everything else around here. I think technically it is very off white since the patch on the lid has a bit of pink/coral tint to it, but I'm not too picky when shopping the "Oops!" paint section. For $5/gallon it is perfect! I managed to paint everything I could reach yesterday, so now I have to go find a ladder and finish it off. I hate ladders. OK, I really hate edges and heights together, and since ladders usually involve one or both, they get the blame too. It might also be helpful if all of our ladders didn't date from the Civil War. Oh well. It just means that I'll get that part done really fast!
Then I have some transfer gardening to do. I have some big terra cotta pots on the front deck railing that I fill with primroses and violas at the first chance I get to have some color out there after the winter. By about now they have done their thing and need to be moved to the main gardens. Here the primroses and violas are perennials, if you can keep the slugs from chomping them to the ground. I have found some hot pink geraniums on clearance that will look fabulous in the pots, especially once we get the house painted. The house painting task has prompted my sweet Hubby to actually get some stuff cleaned up around the outside of the house.
Might get to some fabric cutting in this evening. Sewing will have to wait until later in the week.
Have a great day! Cathy

Dear Cathy,
I can just imagine how great your flowers will look.
Painting is not that what I like to do in my freetime :-)

Did you finish it?

hugs carmen