PDA

View Full Version : number on spine of Block

monklesmom
May 30th, 2014, 01:22 PM
Could you PLEASE think of adding a BIG number to the spine of the block book!!! Then someone like me who likes things in order can keep them in order easily, and when my mother comes over to thumb through my books she can put them back!! snicker snicker!! I know there is a volume number but that seemed confusing and I am expecting a TON of block books to be on my shelf!! :)

Pandabear
May 30th, 2014, 03:07 PM
Sharpie :)

Terry L
May 30th, 2014, 07:20 PM

That works :)

monklesmom
May 30th, 2014, 08:31 PM

That is what I am going to do! I just thought if they did it, it would look better!! I am that odd person that has their movies by alphabetical order!! Well except for the top shelf it is series by alphabetical of first movies title!! :)

Sandy Navas
May 30th, 2014, 08:39 PM
Hi, but are your spices in alphabetical order? Where's Dee? She has CDO because even the letters have to be in the correct order. No more OCD.

BTW my spices have to be in alphabetical order and the light switches, when there's a 3-way or more, have to be down when I go to bed. My bad.

monklesmom
May 30th, 2014, 11:11 PM
Hi, but are your spices in alphabetical order? Where's Dee? She has CDO because even the letters have to be in the correct order. No more OCD.

BTW my spices have to be in alphabetical order and the light switches, when there's a 3-way or more, have to be down when I go to bed. My bad. yes spices are in alphabetical order except the Huge ones that cant fit!! And I do light switches too!!! Dirty dishes in dishwasher not sink!! And well I should post how even my scraps in the sewing room are orderly and the rest color coded or by project.....

Jess1377
May 31st, 2014, 12:05 AM
Oh good, glad to know there is at least a handful of us here with that darn cdo! My dh teases me with the light switches anytime he gets a chance too the stinker! ;)

goofyizzy
May 31st, 2014, 09:25 AM
yes spices are in alphabetical order except the Huge ones that cant fit!! And I do light switches too!!! Dirty dishes in dishwasher not sink!! And well I should post how even my scraps in the sewing room are orderly and the rest color coded or by project.....
I could use a little of this type of OCD.

Sandy Navas
May 31st, 2014, 09:31 AM
I'm wondering where she finds time to organize the scraps . . . whew, I need to go play catch-up.

Hulamoon
May 31st, 2014, 03:05 PM
I have my spices in order and even put them on the computer.

allspice
bayleaf
celery seed
cinnamon
chili powder
cloves (ground)
coriander
cream of tartar
cumin
dill
garlic powder
ginger
italian seasoning
nutmeg
oregano (ground)
paprika (smoked)
rosemary leaves
sage (rubbed)
tarragon
thyme
white pepper

Sandy Navas
May 31st, 2014, 06:55 PM
I have my spices in order and even put them on the computer.

allspice
bayleaf
celery seed
cinnamon
chili powder
cloves (ground)
coriander
cream of tartar
cumin
dill
garlic powder
ginger
italian seasoning
nutmeg
oregano (ground)
paprika (smoked)
rosemary leaves
sage (rubbed)
tarragon
thyme
white pepper

You are missing a few - no basil, no cardamon, no savory, no Tuscan spices . . . no lemon or orange rind . . . yeah, I know, fresh, fresh, fresh . . . Hugs

Hulamoon
May 31st, 2014, 08:14 PM
I like fresh :) People that is :icon_razz: I added since that list, Fennel. Grains of Paradise, you can find that at The Spice House on line. Really good and interesting. As for fresh I have some Basil and Cilantro in the fridge. :)

I store my garlic powder in the freezer because it cakes up in the jar.

monklesmom
June 3rd, 2014, 01:00 PM
I'm wondering where she finds time to organize the scraps . . . whew, I need to go play catch-up.

my mom visits twice a year and so I clean up that pile of scraps before that or after each project! I organized during an ice storm about 16 years ago and try to keep up with it after a few projects!! (because I need the flat space to cut on) But truly I said I would never have the stashes that my mother or grandmother had!!!! So if you keep it neat and organized it is a collection not a hidden stash!!! BIG difference!!! tee hee yes it is a family joke but my mom can't believe how organized it is!!

Mchelem
June 4th, 2014, 01:42 AM
God forbid a picture frame be crooked or a cabinet door be left open,

My kids used to turn my pictures around, or upside down or tilt the frames and then hide and watch to see how long it took me to notice, same thing with cabinet doors. On especially evil days, they would open Every. Single. One. It drives me nuts!! And I can't function if there's clutter. I must clean it and straighten and organize it first.

Vonnie
June 5th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Wow, lot's of Sheldon's out there! :icon_giggle:

Maybe I should do like Howard did and invite someone over who is cdo and let them go into overdrive in my playroom! :lol: In Howards case it was their closet. Anyone remember that episode? Sheldon was in his element organizing that closet. Or about the time he couldn't stand Penny's apartment being messy so he sneaked in while she was sleeping and cleaned it. And the funniest episode was when Amy tried to break Sheldon of his ocd!

FabStripper
June 5th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Wow, lot's of Sheldon's out there! :icon_giggle:

Maybe I should do like Howard did and invite someone over who is cdo and let them go into overdrive in my playroom! :lol:
It would be win-win, right? Like therapy for them; I might have to look in to this. There has got to be somebody out there that needs a lot (and I do mean lots) of therapy, and I won't even charge them. 78038

monklesmom
June 10th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Hahaha My sister and I both have said we would never be able to have a cleaning lady unless she stayed out of our crafting areas!! because how would she know what was a work in progress, a project waiting to be started, a UFO or the pile of leftovers from the last project that needed to be put away!!!

GrammaBabs
June 11th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Oh wow,,,i have a couple of OCD people in my life,, but it's not really about being "neat"..LOL

You gals would have heart attacks working around me and watching me crank out stuff... fabric scraps flying everywhere.. stitch, trim,, shape as I go...I'm the gal that has about 10 prs of scissors because I keep losing the ones I begin with by putting something down on top of them...or because I carry them with me from the machine to the pressing area and forget to bring them back..
Same with pincushions.. never where I'm sewing..
I can work in the smallest space and make progress, fit 10lbs in a 5 lb bag..and only get organized again when it's getting into "tripping phase"..:)

As for cooking,, THERE I'm organized much more.. I work fast, efficient and tasty..and finally have the space to unload the dishwasher into my pull out drawers without swearing...LOL
Now that I'm more grown up..67 soon! I make sure I clean up the mess and kitchen area after dinner and remember to close the cabinet doors so I don't bang my head anymore!! Hope I didn't ruin this thread,,but just could not resist!!! (Sandy).... heheheheheheh:D