PDA

View Full Version : Friday Hellos

Blondie
May 30th, 2014, 06:52 AM

Happy Friday Folksies!

I come from a long line of people who love weekends. Some love it to goof off and relax. Some like it for home time work as in yard work, necessary chores, family get togethers, shopping - you name it. This weekend I am gonna be loving it for total girl time. YES! I have given firm orders that once I am finished with work tomorrow, I do not want to hear or see anyone for a full 24 hours. Mr Luscious has some serious doubts he will survive that long. Too bad, so sad. I am going to be with the darling dear daughter and I intend to put my party hat on. We will NOT cook, NOT handle any fabric that is NOT used in crafting or sewing - as in NO LAUNDRY. We are planning on making sandwiches and eating it at a local park. Here's another YAY. It is gonna feel like a vacation.

Have a great weekend, y'all. I continue to keep prayers ongoing for those that I am aware in need of it. Here's a hug and a big smile. You have my permission to find your happy and go for it.

Nidan_07
May 30th, 2014, 07:11 AM
Morning All....
Friday is all but done here down under. Hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend!!

That little girl in that picture up there is just a-dor-able!!!! You can't help but smile at her.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 30th, 2014, 08:16 AM
Hey, Ms. Lenore! Good to see you! Good morning Blondie! I hope your girl weekend is a blast! I got home from a fabric frenzy three day trip to Chicago, it was a fabric frenzy for sure. We went to a trade show for fabrics and trims, I set up contacts with two reps for direct purchase of fabric. This could be dangerous! Also found a textile outlet store like no other I've seen, I didn't think there was that much fabric selection in the world, But I think this place has it all! 3 floors of fabric, each floor packed ( neatly at least!) from floor to ceiling, 4 rooms per floor in a giant old warehouse building! It was amazing! I did help them reduce inventory a tiny bit! They didn't carry much quilt fabric, but mostly apparel fabric and Home dec. and they had the most incredible selection of trims immaginable! It was a lot of fun!

Blondie
May 30th, 2014, 08:19 AM
Jean, I am most envious of what you were able to see, purchase and the inspiration you got from both. There can not be enough good trim!

Monique
May 30th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Good morning friends. I ended up working yesterday afternoon. It looks like June is going to be a very busy month for me. Between a quilt retreat and a mini vacation with a friend, with lots of work in between.

I know what I am going to make for the potholder swap. I will try to use what I have instead of going out to buy something. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. LOL!!

Blondie, I wish you nothing but a fun filled weekend. Sounds like you will have a blast.

To all my friends, have a safe and wonderful weekend.

aliaslaceygreen
May 30th, 2014, 09:03 AM
Good morning!! I seem to wander off sometimes and forget to say hi, but I am thinking of all of you!

Today IS TGIF, I have the weekend--three days of it, coming up!!!
Whooo HOO!!!
And I believe the plan is house work Saturday and date day Sunday and Laylabug on Monday...
But today, I will go by the mall with my 'real' camera and take some photos of the Wall that Heals, the traveling Vietnam Vets Wall, that is in the parking lot for the weekend...
Took this with my phone yesterday on the way home from work ( I drive thru that parking lot every day)

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))

Bubby
May 30th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Morning Everyone,

I got up extra early today with special thanks to Miss Dottie for that. I think what this is all about is that she wants to sleep in the living room. I took advantage of the extra time and washed the Jadeite dishes that are on display in the kitchen. They were really grimy and I'm so glad that job is done for a while.

Jeff and I don't plan to go to Cuba this weekend unless there's an emergency. Big Yay for that!

I have some errands to run this morning and then I want to come back home and take a nap....a nice long nap.

Wishing everyone a fun launch into the weekend. Hugs....

Madeforyouinma11
May 30th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Hello everyone!
Blondie, I hope you have a wonderful little vacation.
Jean, that place sounds amazing, I'm glad you had fun.
Well, yesterday, Blondie talked about how all of us take things for granted in our everyday lives. Well, I went to the Drs yesterday and she told me that I was very healthy...yay! She also wanted me to get the pneumococcal vaccine, so I said ok. Figured I'm healthy, I should stay that way. Well, the nurse told me that my arm, and even down to my hand would be very sore for a few days...ok. Well about 5 hours after the shot, my arm really hurt, ok I knew this was going to happen. Today! OMG! It hurts so bad. I'm having a hard time moving it, using it and getting dressed was nearly impossible. I don't have time for this! We have little Julia's birthday party on Sunday and I have things to do. Ok, bright side...well, I need to think on that one...LOL.....no, bright side is that I'm a healthy 52 year old that takes no meds on a daily basis and feels great! Other than this limb called an arm hanging off my right side, life is good! I'm still smiling, and I know, this too will pass.
Well, off to start my day! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

MRoy
May 30th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Good morning! Yesterday was a good day. I got to spend time with my brother whom I don't see very often. We went to lunch together and had a good visit. Then I went to Sit-n-Sew and helped finish blocks for the guild's fund-raiser quilt before heading for the grocery (paying that bill wasn't so much fun). Today is totally unplanned. Wishing everyone a great Friday!

Sandy Navas
May 30th, 2014, 09:31 AM

Okay, two trips to the car mechanic yesterday. One check-up and then back home to wait for a part to come in. A couple hundred dollars taken from my fabric fund . . .

And so, today (after about a week of withdrawal symptoms) I plan to get back into the sewing room and, if nothing else, finish a few pot holders so I can amaze someone by my talents . . . there's a lot up my sleeve (and you thought that was just the flab from aging . . . ).

Disappointed that our June BOM for the Home is where the Haunt is wall hanging had to be cancelled. That means no trip into Hamilton to give you all a close up account of their new Civil Wars Mercantile Shop . . . did you read the blog? Looking fun.

Guild meeting on Monday night - yearly picnic. We're going to be playing quilt square Bingo . . . that should be fun. 25 5" squares will be 'traded' as gifts . . . not sure how that works. I vaguely remember playing one year and was disappointed because at the end the person 'running' the game lumped almost everything together and it went to one person. SCAM!!!

And so, I'm off here. Gotta pay some bills and cool off and then into the closet.

Hugs to all - keep that smile handy.

Carol336
May 30th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Good Friday morning. Rainy here today....hmmmm might be a good day to spend with LuLu (my Janome). I have to go over to church first and help pack the weekend meals for some elementary school kiddies.....but then the day is mine until at least 4 o'clock.

Going to a concert tonight to see the Nighthawks.....not sure who they are but DH is most excited to go so what the hay!!! I'm sure they're an older group, probably a bit bluesy.....anyone familiar with them??

Blondie - have a wonderful time with DD....sounds sooooo fun!!!

Jean - wow I'm jealous......and how nice of you to help them reduce their inventory - LOL

Mpyles
May 30th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Morning, hope you all have a fabulous day!

GrammaBabs
May 30th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Ok Lucy,,, (Sandy) "splain" that last sentence..B
Blondie.. enjoy that downtime
Yes,, that shot hurts "big time"
Hope all you gals enjoy the weekend... I'm thankful that all my days are like weekends now...LOL (of course that means I'm "old"), but no matter,, we're having fun!!! :)

Mom23
May 30th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Good Morning All,

Blondie, time with your daughter sounds like the perfect weekend. My daughter lives in town so I see her quite often but just short periods of time. I miss the days when she would come home from college and we would spend the entire weekend together. Oh well, we have to let them spread their wings and go out on their own. It's a great day for her. As a teacher, this is her last day of school with the students. It has been a looooong year since they had so many snow days. Today could not come soon enough!

We will be going to St. Louis tomorrow for a nephew's birthday party and stopping by to see our new grandson. I can't wait to hug on him again. They are headed home from the hospital this morning. Everybody is doing great. I wish to thank you all for your well wishes. After Carter was born one of the first things I wanted to do was share it with my forum friends. It's funny how although most of us have never met we consider ourselves friends. I just love that!!!!

Blessings and prayers to all,
Grandma Robin!

HandsOffItsMine
May 30th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Blondie, how exciting! No laundry! An all girls with daughter! You go girl! :D

Jean...you watch it! Two fabric reps and a 3 story trim building! OY! It's only the beginning! lol Make that a Bruahhahhahha I have more than 250 bolts in the Fabric Studio not counting the 800+ hangers with 5 yards or less that's my personal stash. :P Don just shakes his head. I am finally getting my energy back after this last treatment round to work on entering the shopping cart database for large runs - It's tedious but it's coming along. :D

The Elves and I are working on the Spring/Summer Drive, we have a wide variety of things folks can make as we have gained clothes sewers to the group. Preemie kimonos, blankets and hats for the hospitals. Girl tops, boy t-shirts and boy and girl shorts for Cyber Elves' Closet that can be made or bought for Homeless/Low Income Children (Used to be called Keikies of Waianae).

The weather has been crazy out here - Hot and humid with wild thunder storms in the afternoon. Have to shut down the computer with the lightning and all. UGH.

Got to tell you guys about my nutty hubby, he mowed the lawn on Sunday. I see a patch by the back deck, about 8x10 deep of clover flowers. I'm like, "Babe, you forgot the clover area by the deck!" "Oh, no, I left that for the bunny, 'cause I mowed down all the dandelions and she won't have anything to eat now! We got to make sure she has some food source!" Yeah, one little bunny is going to need a 8x10 patch of clover! (Rolls eyes and walks back inside where it's cool.)

Really, we love animals and we only have romaine and other greens, carrots, etc. in our fridge. I told him today, I'm buying a ceramic dish and buying a small bag of rabbit food to supplement her diet. Our lot backs up to open fields but we haven't seen any deer in the two months we've been here - so rabbit food it will be versus deer corn. lol

Have a great weekend, I will be editing photos and entering data to the shopping cart. Oh yeah. ;)

Huggers, Ruby

Navy Wife
May 30th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Good Morning. I'm about to have another cup of coffee and get started on my day. I have a mountain of laundry to do and to get the last of the cleaning done. Tom and Laura will be here tomorrow, and I'm getting excited about their visit. I hope you have a good time with your DD, Blondie. That fabric place sounds awesome, Jean. I'll probably be in Chicago sometime this summer to visit with GS and family. They live in Huntley on the northwest side.

I will have a couple of days with DD soon, but not by ourselves. We're going by St. Jacob on the way to Wisconsin. Should be interesting to watch DH try to maneuver that monster motorhome into their yard.

Glad to hear all is well with most of you this weekend. The older I get the faster time goes. These days, every other day is Friday!

Stay well and happy!

Linda

MayinJerset
May 30th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Yeah for the weekend, not sure what I'll be doing but it won't be laundry. Learned the no weekend laundry bit from a gal I worked with - once you begin washing clothes on the weekend the day seems to be shot. Of course sometimes you have to do an emergency load but that's it.

Finished a 48 x 58 Circle of Comfort top yesterday and this morning will look for suitable backing and also for fabrics for another top, something more masculine than the one I just finished. Got to have something for the guys too.

I'm also curious about Sandy's mention of going into the closet. What's happening in the closet today? Inquiring minds want to know.

toggpine
May 30th, 2014, 11:58 AM
May, the better question might be: What happens when she comes out?

My guess is it's a big walk-in type job and she's got a fabric party going on in there.

auntiemern
May 30th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Good day all. I get a semi off day today from the kids. DD has an appt this afternoon, so I will go there and sit with them for a bit, and this evening Gabe has another T-Ball game. I am so proud of him...he has hit the pitched balls in all but 2 games. If you were a FB friend you could see the videos.
Rhonda came up yesterday for mom's b'day. She brought a load of fabric up for me to help her with. OMG..I love it. I had not had the chance to 'feel' any thing, since the inventory is kept down there. I was completely impressed with it. I would have no problem buying any of it, even if we weren't selling it. Hoping to do well this weekend, with the sale we are having.
I finished sewing the binding on a COC quilt last night. I have another set of blocks cut out, and think I may just do that quilt as well. Might even get another set made.

KnitWitRosie
May 30th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Happy Friday Everyone!!!

What a welcome Friday it is!! I've had probably the most stressful three weeks at work that I've ever had in my entire life! So much so that it's literally giving me a stomach-ache and a headache. :(

I wrapped up the knitting on a baby blanket I needed to finish for a baby shower in June last night. Glad to have one more project checked off the list! Hubby is dj-ing a party tonight so I'll have the house to myself for the evening. Planning on getting into the craft room and starting to cut the blocks for my Dr. Seuss quilt.

We really don't have any definite plans this weekend other than my dr. appt tomorrow morning and then a bit of grocery shopping. Planning on finally getting caught up in laundry and housework, and then taking the rest of the weekend to RELAX!!

Hope everyone has a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend to come :D

Ginny B
May 30th, 2014, 09:41 PM
Yay for Friday! It has been a busy week and tomorrow looks the same. The usual housework, laundry, etc. and then to a friends for dinner tomorrow night. Sunday should be a more relaxing day. I think dh will be going into Brooklyn for a stickball game. Some guys from the neighborhood get together once a year for a bit of stickball. I will have some time to sew, maybe relax in my yard if the weather is nice enough. And, if I get my sauce made tomorrow for Sunday's dinner, then cooking will be an easy deal too.

Blondie, enjoy your girls time with your dd. Sounds like a fun time for sure.

Cil, that's lousy about your arm. Hope it improves quickly for you.

Have a great evening all.