PDA

View Full Version : Thursday - Friday's on the way

Blondie
May 29th, 2014, 06:52 AM

Hello Folksies!

It's just me ~ your friendly, happy quilting blonde friend reminding you that it is Thursday and will be all day long. Sometimes it is a good thing to be reminded of the obvious. Because sometimes the obvious staring at you~ shouting in your face that your daily life is so normal, ordinary and obvious that you miss the greater picture. You know, all the daily things of life that we so often take for granted. Like Thursday. Don't take Thursdays for granted. They are the proof that you have survived the week so far, in spite of all the odds you felt were stacked against you.

The point I am trying lamely to make is something we all know. That each and every one of us forget the daily things we take for granted each and every day. We tend to save our celebrating for some extraordinary event. I think I told y'all once before that when I was a little girl I never had a birthday party. I used to feel left out and sort of forgotten because I never had a silly birthday party with hats, balloons, favors but most of all people who were celebrating with me. When my children were small, I decided to celebrate not only their birthdays but throw impromptu "unbirthday" parties for unknown people. Because everyday is someone's birthday. The children and I would invite their friends, have cake, ice cream, hats, balloons, games and sing happy birthday. Each child would receive a little favor.

Make this day as special and memorable as you can. Did you accomplish something as simple as making simply fabulous cookies (like I did yesterday)? Did you overcome an obstacle at work or in your personal life that you thought the day before yesterday was highly improbable? Each day we are overcoming fears, climbing mountains, we just don't celebrate it! It's Thursday! It's a great day to be alive. It's a great day to live your dreams, even if they are only in your mind.

The obvious that we are never guaranteed another day is a truism. Now to go celebrate that I have a dryer to turn back on to fluff the clothes that I never folded yesterday. After another cuppa I may be able to dance around the living room with one of hubby's shirts.

RIP, Maya Angelou.

Hugs, prayers, happy thoughts and SMILES to each of you.

shermur
May 29th, 2014, 07:50 AM
Mornin', sweet Blondie!

Today is the last day of school for Halona. YAY! this school year (7th grade) has been challenging and I am so glad it's over. Last night, Halona pitched one of the softball games that drove me to tears! She's finally getting her groove back after being in hiatus for over a year not pitching. I couldn't be more proud of my girl.....
DH won't be making the trip up this weekend, but he did find us a house in Fort Smith, AR. So, now I need to get super busy finding a new job for me in Fort Smith and getting ready for the move. the whole sorry part of the new adventure, we will have to foreclose on our home in Lee's Summit....the house selling is not looking well....

CountryHut
May 29th, 2014, 07:53 AM
G'morning Ms Blondie and fellow sewing sisters :) . .

fur babies had their morning daddy cookies and now back in their beds and Hubby is off to work --
I just made a fresh pot of coffee -- the 1st pot was gone in a flash . . . Love Love Love my coffee . . I think if my Dr ever
told me that I had to either cut back or quit drinking coffee . . one of two things might happen
. . the Dr might get punched out or I would have to find another Dr . . L*~ . .

George Washington goes to the Vet late this afternoon for his yearly check up - by the time I get home from that visit
- I'll have to find my Army issued ear plugs and use them before I walk in the house . . Beeeeeeecause the 1st thing
out of the hubby mouth will be about the Vet bill . . *ugh*~ . .
between the groomer yesterday the Vet today and again Saturday for the girls . . it will be a 500 dollar bill out the door *ugh*~

Hubby and I are getting excited about our 1st trip out with the new 5th Wheel -- he actually put his foot down at work
told them he was taking 2 weeks off - that they needed to find a licensed operation to fill in for him while he's gone . .
we are meeting up with (now get this) -- my brother's X-in-laws . . snickering*~ - spenting a week with them - we'll be set up
on the water front - and will be able to watch the fireworks up and close . .*yippy*~ :)~ Jacksonville Fl - will be setting off
their 4th of July fireworks early this year (6-28). . which is stupid in my opinion . .
4th of July is an exciting period of time in our Lives - a day to celebrate our AMERICA

anyway - I've been going crazy with what to get the Hubby for his Birthday --it's fast approaching and have no earthly idea
what to get someone that has EVERY tool known to mankind . . shirts and underwear just ain't gettin' it anymore and he has
-- at least 3 maybe 4 years worth Home Depot and Lowe gifts from Christmas - don't know why he is saving them . . maybe for
a bad rainy day . . who knows . . . . got any ideas anyone?

*yawning*~ . . me thinks - it might be time to catch a few more zzzz's . LOL*~ . .

nothing really planned for the day -- just the VET - but thats late this afternoon *whispering*~ I dislike late appointments

y'all ''''Make it'''' a good day

Ginny B
May 29th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Good Morning everyone. Nice and sunny here today so the trip into the city should be a good one. Graduation for my step-daughter at Carnegie Hall. And our little Max (who is 4 and not so little anymore) will be with us to see his Aunt Kat get her PhD. Looking forward to a wonderful day with family.

Blondie, very profound words this morning. :) It is so true --- everyday we have is a special day and should be celebrated in some way.

Time to start getting ready. We will be meeting my other step-daughter Vicky (Kat's twin) and Max at their house and catching the railroad into the city. No driving there for us. I do love going into the city but not driving there. Have a great day everyone.

Madeforyouinma11
May 29th, 2014, 08:16 AM
Good morning Blondie and all my forum friends
You're so right. So many things are taken for granted, but I find the older I'm getting, I'm more aware of those things and I'm more thankful for them.
Today, I have a Drs appointment. Just the normal yearly appointment with my primary dr. All my other appointments will be coming up too, you know the GYN, the mammogram...such fun...lol
After that I will be doing a few things around the house and hopefully getting in some sewing time. I had a wonderful day with Julia yesterday. She was in the perfect mood all day. Hubby came home from work and sat on the floor with her for 2 hours playing. It was so much fun to watch the two of them together.
Well, off to do some reading and start my day. Hope everyone has a great day!

MRoy
May 29th, 2014, 08:51 AM
Good morning! I'm still working on my first cuppa coffee and it's not kicking in good yet. I'm heading out later for Sit-n-Sew with the quilt guild followed by grocery shopping this afternoon. I still haven't checked out the new craft shop in town so I think I'll do that today too. Might add lunch at the Chinese restaurant. I live in the country so I cram quite a bit into a trip to town. LOL!

Monique
May 29th, 2014, 08:53 AM
Good morning dear friends.

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
Today is a Gift

I spent time with my friend yesterday. Went shopping and I was able to find backing for a baby quilt at Denis' store.

Last night we held our monthly bingo at the Reception Centre (for the aged). You have no idea how much they look forward to this. Makes us feel good as well.

I am not sure what today holds. It is cloudy this morning but supposed to clear up and warmer temperatures to come. It sure has been weird weather. I did see a solar halo the other day, that was pretty cool. I had never seen one before.

This weekend is our Relay for Life and I have a baby shower to attend on Sunday. Busy days ahead.

Have a great Thursday friends.

MayinJerset
May 29th, 2014, 09:00 AM
Happy unBirthday to all. Blondie has a way of celebrating everything for which we are so grateful as she reminds us to be glad for what we have and not what we don't have.
Supposed to be sunny today so "Yeah" because contractor should be back to finish our deck. Years ago our contractor was DH and his payment way a nice dinner or cool drinks on hot days, nowadays it's all done with a big assault to our checkbook but when things need doing they have to be done.

So:
Blondie - you give yesterday's wash another fluff in the dryer while you dance around with hubby's shirt.
Donna - big doings up with your 5th wheel, sounds like fun
Ginny - Congrats to the grad
Sherri - good news about house in Fort Smith
Cil - glad you and DH enjoyed Julia
Myrna - hope you get everything done in town and a Chinese lunch too
Monique - Yes, Today is a Gift so let us all enjoy it.

ginampls
May 29th, 2014, 09:29 AM
I am doing good. lots of things to do today. DD has a performance.at school today and tomorrow is her birthday. she will be 11. Wow, that went fast. I am marveling at how much she has grown in just this past year. seems that she has grown like 2 inches. and has crossed the bridge into young womanhood....and I am thrilled, she has adjusted to this with some grace. but all is well.
I am proud. and relieved. cuz I can see the growth.

I have an appt tomorrow afternoon to meet with a lawyer to put a will together.

Racing Nana
May 29th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Yes, it's Thursday.

The song "on the Road Again" springs to mind.

My DH and I are loading the truck right now to head to Spokane, WA for 3 days of exciting wheel to wheel racing. This is always our favorite race weekend of the whole year.

So I am looking forward to reading all of your quilting exploits on Monday morning when I am home again.

Ya'll have a great weekend.

Genny
May 29th, 2014, 09:45 AM
I'm definitely going to be celebrating today(well I hope)...we have a painter coming to give us an estimate on painting all the trim on our house. Theres a LOT of it and the peaks at the roof are too high for dh and I too get on a ladder to paint. This has been an eye sore for us for the last 2 years and now I'm excited to get it painted. Also in the planning stages for new storm windows and the last phase of our electrical. Its an old house...takes a lot of work...but we LOVE it!

Sandy Navas
May 29th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Life has a way of changing your plans. Instead of playing with some fabric and thread this morning I have to take my car in for what I hope is minor but necessary. Keep your fingers crossed for me though.

Yesterday was another day where I had to be out early in the morning and then came home in a funk and didn't get anything accomplished the rest of the day. Ever have one of those days? BLAH all the way. I think the weather is what is playing tricks on me. We had an impromptu downpour in the late afternoon and Al was out in it. Laughing at him shaking the drops off was the highlight of my day, but don't tell him.

Simply Quilting
May 29th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Good Morning!!! On Tuesday night, I had fun taking the children to see the Lego Movie at the University. Every Tuesday night during the summer, they show a movie one is inside at 7PM and the other is at 9PM outside on the grass under the stars. We went to the late movie. It was fun to pick up some treats from the store and make homemade popcorn to snack on. I had never seen the movie though the children had. It was a good movie and even had a good piece of advice for the parents. I'm looking forward to the Lego 2 movie. The thing I love it is one of those small blessings that are free and I get to spend time with the children doing something fun.

Yesterday was a bad day as my fibro flared and allergies kicked in full force. But I did make it to the dollar supper and church last night so that was a blessing.

Today I am babysitting. We will be heading to the park after while then come home for grilled hamburgers, fresh onion rings and homegrown green beans (canned - no fresh ones yet).

Have a great day everyone :)

Navy Wife
May 29th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Good Morning all. I am working on my 2nd cuppa, then have to get out to the grocery store which I hate. At least this trip is for DS and DIL"s visit! I worked like a beaver yesterday finishing up the house cleaning. Thought I would never get through! Still have to do a little here and there and get the screened porch cleaned up.

We had some excitement yesterday. DH backed out the motorhome to get it ready for a trip to the service department. He discovered a snake coiled up on a shelf right by the door. My beloved is scared to death of snakes. It was a large snake, but not poisonous, at least we don't think so. The shelf is about at eye level, so it took him a while to get up the courage to knock it down!
Meanwhile I encouraged him from a safe distance. Snakes are a man problem, not woman! Finally he knocked it off with a rake and it ran away, thank goodness. That was our adventure for the day! That was enough to get the heart beating.

Time to get busy and get something done today. Have a great one.

Linda

Sylvia H
May 29th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Good Thursday morning to all! For those who have plans, I hope they will be joyfully realized. My plans for yesterday had to be changed a bit. I went to help a friend put on the binding for her first quilt, but that didn't happen. First, we discovered that one of the cats decided that the quilt should be a litter box (ugh! - there was a stinky wet spot at the edge of the quilt). So, it was into the washing machine with a little bit of white vinegar added to the detergent. We went on to cut the strips for the binding, but ran into problems with her Fiskars rotary cutter (I have another post about this). So we had to take a trip to Joanne's for a new blade. We did have enough time to cut the strips and sew them together. I will go back next week to help her finish the binding.

Today, I have some housecleaning to do, and I must get to the pharmacy to pick up my prescriptions. But there will definitely be time to work on grandson's quilt as well.

Bubby
May 29th, 2014, 11:04 AM
Morning Everyone,

I've been to the grocery store already and have a huge pot of chicken cooking for the Girls. I know...I know they're spoiled! I also picked up some beautiful red grapes and blueberries...yum. Sadly I found out that the produce manager has advanced cancer. Please mention Dwayne in your prayers when you talk with God.

I got a little sewing done this morning early. The mini tumbler runner is coming along. Ii would be done with the piecing this weekend so I can quilt it and get it on the table. I have things to tend to in the kitchen so I'll wish y'all a good Thursday and see you later.....Hugs.....

Mpyles
May 29th, 2014, 11:19 AM
Good morning!!

Wow what a busy group of people around here! I don't know if I can keep up with all of youin's!!

Blondie, you are so right...I really need to celebrate the nothing's in life...don't do it enough!

Diane..does he like to fish? Hunt? Perhaps a guided trip? My DH loves that kind of stuff...and uses it!tickets to a baseball game, concert, car race?

I am kind of melancholy this week...Saturday will be the 5th anniversary of my dear sisters death. I miss her more and more as the days go on. She is the little sister, but was the adult between us...she was such a comforting guiding force in my life...always there for me to hold my hand thru the hard and joyous times in my life. Her daughter is pregnant with her first child and I am trying to work on a baby quilt for her...but I seem to have quilt block block! I want it to be special and I think that is hindering me. I have a sheet that my sister hand embroidered for my son, when he was a baby with a mother goose on it and I would like to incorporate that into the quilt. I have bought the fabric..based on how she is decorating the nursery...just can't seem to come up with a pattern. I doodled on graph paper for hours last night.

DH goes in for his surgery on Monday. He went to the hospital for his preregistration yesterday...the anesthesiologist was not very comforting, kept telling him of the risk. It's been a long 3 weeks of his liquid diet. Blood sugar drops that scare the crud out of me. I do pray that all goes well and the ultimate goal of a healthy lifestyle prevails. Please keep him in your prayers.

DS's girlfriend is off on vacation with her family...so I smugly get to spend time with my son...I truly enjoy our visits together. Between school, work and his gf I rarely see him. I am so appreciative of this time with him. Sunday he will be racing in a cycling race where the winner will receive a Missouri state champion jersey that they get to wear for the next year...he is really going for it. I pray for safety and caution. Last week at one of his races I watched a young lady fly from her bike and land quite hard on the pavement..so hard it cracked her helmet. Her bike flew about 50 yards....keep my DS in your prayers too.

Well now that I have typed this biography...

Everyone have a great day!!

GrammaBabs
May 29th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Maya,,,, such a dream to listen to... a most inspiring woman...
Have a great Thursday all,,,
Planning on quilting 2 table runners today.. and if NOT,, some outdoor time... NE has been most unseasonable lately..:)

toggpine
May 29th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Good morning!

The house is unusually quiet this morning. What a difference it makes to return to two adults and an eight-year old who thinks she is.
I will spend the day washing stuff. Blankets & bedding will be rotated through the laundry while I wash all of the toys in the living room. The littlest one had a lovely cold and was working on some molars when he left. So everything is covered in slobber, snot, or drool no matter how diligent I was about wiping his face & nose. It will also be a good time to purge out some of the younger toys for "storage".
The floors will receive a good vacuuming, the kitchen floor will be scrubbed, and probably this weekend I'll have hubby help me move some of the big furniture and I'll steam clean the carpets since the weather is supposed to be warmer.

I will miss the boys, not the constant bickering, and certainly not the whining & crying, although that had greatly deminished since it didn't get them what they wanted.

Today I will be thankful for the quiet.

Over40momma
May 29th, 2014, 01:55 PM
A blessed Thursday to you all. Blondie, I celebrate every day that my eyes greet the morning. :icon_tup:

If I can get myself situated properly, I am hoping to work a little more on my mystery quilt today. I have started sewing the clues together and I think I am almost finished clue 1. Appointment shortly to see my eye doctor, having terrible trouble seeing through my glasses anymore and I think my eyes have changed alot....whether for better or worse, doesn't matter, I just need him to do his best so I can thread my dang needle!!!! hehehe

Have a great day everyone, count those little blessing for they add up very quickly. And remember to laugh....nothing is like a kick in the butt to adversity like a good belly chuckle. :lol: (and it does make you feel better too!)