PDA

View Full Version : First Visit

Lynne Benson
May 28th, 2014, 10:52 PM
I'm making my first visit to Missouri Star Quilting on Friday....I'm so excited!!! Any suggestions on places nearby my husband can visit in the afternoon while I'm "shopping"? We're traveling from Texas to Minnesota and I convinced him to make the slight detour off I35.

FabStripper
May 28th, 2014, 10:57 PM
Is there a Credit Counseling service nearby? LOL That was what my husband would want.:icon_wave: Have fun and just buy one of everything so you won't be sorry you didn't get "it".

ilive2craft2
May 28th, 2014, 11:44 PM
I am green with envy! I need to plan a trip soon - it is only 5 hours away.... Have lots of fun!

auntiemern
May 29th, 2014, 01:25 AM
Glad you are getting to go, but not much to do there for hubby's. He can hang out at J Burgers while you shop. It is a very small town. I don't think some people realize how small. Think Mayberry. You will love it though. Everyone there is so friendly and hospitable. I hope you get to meet Jenny. She is a super sweet lady. Make sure you take pics.

Vonnie
May 29th, 2014, 08:29 AM
Enjoy!

My DH walked around the "town" some while he waited for me.

Live to Quilt
May 29th, 2014, 11:04 PM
Hi everyone, my name is Jean Anne and I am from Kansas City Ks. I am hour and half from Missouri Star and went yesterday, WOW.

Meat Jenny and got photo with her and she is just so nice......... She was shooting new tutorial.

Shopped at all 4 stores and will have to cut up credit card now. Had a great time, of course it took alllllll day.
Thanks for listining and have a good evening.

K. McEuen
May 29th, 2014, 11:09 PM
There is a hardware store from what I understand and those small town old school hardware stores can prove pretty interesting. A lot of times there are a few hubbys parked outside the shop on a bench and they pass the time together.

SuzyQue
May 30th, 2014, 12:24 AM
If Ron is around, my hubby always enjoys talking with him........or have him bring a good book. Not much in town and no other towns too near by.....kind of remote.

Lynne Benson
May 30th, 2014, 09:28 PM
The visit was wonderful; more than expected. I didn't realize there were 4 stores. Fortunately it was a nice day for hubby to sit in the car and people watch. The husband line up in front of store and at burger place was interesting. My feet, back and hips wore out before I did and before I maxed the credit card...hehe. I can't wait to stop on our way back to Texas in August. Sorry I didn't get to see Jenny, but with her tutorial videos running in the store I felt like she was there. A gentleman that I assume was Jenny's husband was running back and forth in the main store and announced he was taking a tour for those interested as I was checking out. I was just too tired.