PDA

View Full Version : Offical Night Owl tonight

MayinJerset
May 28th, 2014, 02:56 AM
It's 1:45 am and I'm up! Made up for yesterday's missed sleep by napping a bit this afternoon so now I'm back on schedule. Got some sewing done yesterday as I'm halfway through a Circle of Comfort quilt top.

While I was sewing there was a whole lot of hammering going on in our back yard as the contractor was here pulling up the worn out boards from our deck. Hopefully it doesn't rain tomorrow and he and team will be laying the new boards down. They also took the siding off the house where it meets the garage and found the source of the leak that has had us baffled for the past few years. Next he'll replace our dining room ceiling that has begun to sag from the leaks. Of course the dining room will need to be repainted - does it ever end? It will be nice to sit out on our deck a lot more for dinner and relaxing and also knowing whenever it rains it won't be leaking onto our dining room table and chairs.

Sylvia H
May 28th, 2014, 03:09 AM
Joining you as a night owl - but I really wish I were sleeping as I have a busy day tomorrow (errr - later today?)

stationarymom
May 28th, 2014, 03:21 AM
Hello Sylvia and welcome to the forum.

toggpine
May 28th, 2014, 03:22 AM
Hey May!
It's 11PM pacific here. I am just getting ready for bed.
Our Fostering Saga is about at it's end. None too soon either. Although it wouldn't do if it didn't go out with a bang. The courts returned the children to their mother. Now my son will have to go back to family court to fight for primary custody of his son. It shouldn't be too hard of a fight. She won't like it, but her poor decisions up to this point will not look good.
We have had dependency of our grandson's half-brother for the last 6 weeks. At no time have we been compensated by the state for his care. They did provide medical. I have been the ONLY one to supervise the visits with his mother and any of the family until last Thursday when a caseworker came to meet with us @ McDonalds for about 20 minutes. During which time she asked questions about things that should have been dealt with a month ago.
As I said today the court returned them to their mother. No one called me, no one authorized me to release them to her. My husband & I signed a paper stating that we would take care and be responsible for him. My son was unwilling to keep his own son overnight for fear of being in contempt of court. I agreed to keep him here until I had something in writing authorizing me to release them. The mother had been told the case worker would be coming to pick them up and return them to her. The caseworker didn't get the memo. When I called the 1-800 after hours CPS number, I was assured I was not crazy, and well within my rights to demand something in writing before I released them. I was also told that no change in dependancy had yet been noted by the court. Gah!
I'm sure I sounded like a complete b!tch to the children's mother. Thankfully she was willing to see things from my point. She was pretty pissed that it took so long and that they led her to believe that the kids would be home right away. I'm also sure she was disappointed not to have them back tonight. While I am sure no harm would come to them from her or her family, I am still liable. Sorry. If I'm on the hook, they are staying with me.

Hopefully I will get in some sewing tomorrow. Well, frogging. I have about 8 more 2.5" seams to rip. Then I can iron & re-sew. Yea!

I hope you all had a less stressful day. I'm off to the land-o-nod. Who knows when these boys will wake up.

Hugs, Cathy
Hopefully by tomorrow all will be smoothed out and she can come and pick them up.

stationarymom
May 28th, 2014, 03:24 AM
@Mayinjerset
I wish you a lot of luck and hope you don't get a lot of rain while you have your house fixed.

Judy, USMC
May 28th, 2014, 06:26 AM
5:30 in the morning. Can't figure out if I'm a night owl or early bird!?!?!?!

MayinJerset
May 28th, 2014, 09:14 AM
It's 7:30 so time for all Night Owls to get with the day's business.

Welcome to Sylvia, a new Night Owl. It's a very easy group to join, all you have to do is be up at night and come here to chat or to see what others are doing.

Judy - That was me yesterday morning so I called myself a Day Owl.

Cathy - Really hope you got some sleep as you and your family have been through so much trying to give your grandson and his half brother good love and care while dealing with so many restrictions about what you and your son can do. Seems to be very little follow up for the very important details about who has custody, caseworker visits and probably tons of stuff you've had to deal with. Continued prayers that things move in the right direction swiftly.