View Full Version : pancreatitis

May 27th, 2014, 02:27 PM
I am so stressed right now, a few years ago my fur baby (Asta) had pancreatitis and we nearly lost him. The costs of this were very high, thousands of $$$$. The last few days he has been showing some of the same signs and we had him in this morning for tests, waiting now to hear from vet. Hope this is not pancreatitis again, we can not afford this-well we will do what we can and go into debt if needed. But Dr. says each subsequent case of this can be more devastating. Should have known something was up with the poor thing when he snapped at the mailman on Friday.

May 27th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Oh, hope it is something less devastating to your fur baby and your pocketbook.

May 27th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Scary isn't it?! My parents last dog had that. He survived 2 bouts with it in a period of a couple years. He spent his last years with no trouble at all from it. Hope your buddy is OK.

May 28th, 2014, 02:07 AM
I am sending my prayers, I hope it turns out to be something minor
I know what you mean about the expense, my dog is a
diabetic and has to have 2 insulin shots a day. I told my DH, he
should have been a vet.