PDA

View Full Version : Skorpan a grand ol lady

Swedish leo
May 27th, 2014, 02:36 AM
Hi

Our cat that is somewhere between 20 -25 years old is very sick.
I am waiting for the vet office to open in about an half hour.

She behaves like she had a stroke. Her left side of her body do not move right.

She was once rescued by my father at a vet clinic when she was about 1 -2 years old. The elderly couple that owned her was gonna put her to sleep beacuse they thought she was agressive. My father took one look at the cat and managed to talk the vet in to given him the cat!

Nothing wrong with her. They just did not understood cat language. She is a queen and all the humans is her servants!
When my father passed away she came to live with me and my girls and boy did she ruel us! ;-)

She is the most original cat I have ever known. Our lives have been so much better with her in it!
She is a wonderful friend and the greatest cat.

Now I will have to do what is right for her. I will try to see if there might be something that can be done but most likely there is not.

She has lived a full life and she has been much loved.

Annika

Kgrammiecaz
May 27th, 2014, 03:22 AM
So sorry to hear she is very sick. I am sure you are comforted that she has had a very loving life. I send my hugs your way

rebeccas-sewing
May 27th, 2014, 04:00 AM
So sorry about your kitty cat, Annika. It's always hard when it's time for them to leave us.

Sheena
May 27th, 2014, 05:01 AM
Oh no Annika, that's terrible news. Your cat is really old. I hope there's something the vet can do for her.

Iris Girl
May 27th, 2014, 05:30 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your kitty. As a cat lover myself I know how much we become attached to them, Yes they rule us we are their human pets. So happy you got to enjoy her for so many years. I know you will do what is right for her, no matter how difficult.

Swedish leo
May 27th, 2014, 05:42 AM
Skorpan did not make it.

She had a cramp attack and I rushed her to the vet. But there was nothing enyone could do.
It was a stroke.

She is free now from pain

MayinJerset
May 27th, 2014, 05:46 AM
Sorry Skorpan passed away, the Queen lived a long loving life with your father then you and your girls.

Bubby
May 27th, 2014, 07:07 AM
I'm so sorry about your kitty. She's a beauty for sure. It's very hard to say goodbye to a good friend. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Annika.

Slokarma
May 27th, 2014, 07:45 AM
I''m very sad you have lost your Skorpan. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Sue

oldsewer
May 27th, 2014, 08:14 AM
I'm sorry for your loss. She lived a very long life which is a tribute to your love.

dizzyLiz
May 27th, 2014, 08:50 AM
I'm so very sorry for your loss. Know she had a wonderful life filled with love.

Suzette
May 27th, 2014, 08:59 AM
I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved kitty! But what a wonderful life she had with you for all those years! She was a lucky little kitty indeed. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

RiverMomm
May 27th, 2014, 09:12 AM
I am so sorry for the loss of your kitty, friend and family member. I know it is hard now but remember those special moments that made her such a unique cat. You are lucky she graced your life.

Goodnight Queen with the pretty eyes.

Navy Wife
May 27th, 2014, 10:15 AM
So sorry about your sweet kitty. My little furbaby is just 4, and I can't imagine life without her. It's funny how we get so attached to our pets. I think it's because they give unconditional love back.

Miss Sheri
May 27th, 2014, 10:24 AM
(((((Annika)))))

Vonnie
May 27th, 2014, 10:31 AM
She was very fortunate in the love given to her by her human subjects. They have a way of twisting us around their paws. We lost our furbaby 5 years ago to a stroke. It was his second one. He had one a few months prior that he recovered from. He was around 17 years old. He also was a rescue pet. His previous owners were going to shoot him.

(((Hugs)))

Wwena
May 27th, 2014, 03:01 PM
She is beautiful! I bet she has had a wonderful life with you guys and you will miss her greatly. I wish cats lived longer!!!

Sheena
May 27th, 2014, 03:27 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your Skorpan. I'd hoped so much that it was just a minor thing and that she'd be OK.

asta
May 27th, 2014, 03:34 PM
So very sorry to hear about your dear Fur Baby.
((((HUGS))))

grammakim04
May 27th, 2014, 03:52 PM
So sorry for the loss of your furbaby, they do give us such joy in our lives.

pcbatiks
May 27th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Annika........sorry to hear about your fur baby.

Swedish leo
May 28th, 2014, 02:53 AM
Thank you all

I am missing her terrible. It is so empty.

But I have to take solace in the fact that she is in a better place now.

fliggie
May 28th, 2014, 06:35 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss.

Texas Jean
May 29th, 2014, 01:06 AM
Just remember, the love you gave each other outweights the pain of her loss.

EmmaB
June 1st, 2014, 09:34 AM
Awwh, she was a beauty Annika. I'm so sorry for you loss.

Marebear
June 1st, 2014, 10:18 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss :(

Sylvia H
June 1st, 2014, 10:25 AM
I am very sorry for your loss.

BellasQuilts
June 1st, 2014, 12:21 PM
Annika, sending you a hug! So sorry to hear about your sweet kitty cat.