PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for me

Marebear
May 26th, 2014, 02:53 PM
Please say a prayer or send some good and healing thoughts my way. I have a bulging disc in my back, and last week had an epidural injection to help. This shot seemed to work fine for a few days, then my left leg got shooting pains, the next day my right leg joined the party with weakness and numbness. I can barely walk with a walker and a helper (DH or DS)

I have fallen 3 times - very scary!!

Anyway - this whole thing is freaking me out :(

Thanks everyone!

rebeccas-sewing
May 26th, 2014, 03:11 PM
Your poor dear!!! I'm so sorry to hear this. What is the plan? Surgery? I really don't know much about back problems. Just that they can very painful and debilitating.

Claire Hallman
May 26th, 2014, 03:18 PM
That sounds wrong, have you gotten in touch with your doctor? I have had several blown discs, had shots, finally had surgery which was great, would do it again and again. I actually have, have done it to three to different discs with great success.

Genny
May 26th, 2014, 03:30 PM
Please say a prayer or send some good and healing thoughts my way. I have a bulging disc in my back, and last week had an epidural injection to help. This shot seemed to work fine for a few days, then my left leg got shooting pains, the next day my right leg joined the party with weakness and numbness. I can barely walk with a walker and a helper (DH or DS)

I have fallen 3 times - very scary!!

Anyway - this whole thing is freaking me out :(

Thanks everyone!

Oh Mary I feel so bad for you and I hope you get some relief real soon. Hugs...Genny

Monique
May 26th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Prayers being said. I hope you are able to see about this and get some relief.

BellasQuilts
May 26th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Mary, go see a neurologist. They will probably recommend surgery. I had a herniated disc in my neck - arm was numb and I couldn't function. Had surgery and feel 100% normal. DH had L4 surgery - also herniated disc. He had shooting pain in leg, pain pills did little. He had 1 hour surgery at 8 am - was walking to the barn by noon that day with a smile on his face. This can be something very, very simple to fix. The longer you wait, the more nerve damage can occur from the disc rubbing on the nerves. This is not something to put off!

Saying a prayer you can get this resolved soon! Hugs.

sewbizzy
May 26th, 2014, 03:55 PM
Mary, I hope you have contacted your doctor...my husband had an epidural shot for his back several weeks ago....it has helped him....I am sending prayers your way....hugs and blessings, Carol

Suzette
May 26th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Sending my prayers your way Mary. I hope you are soon on the mend!

auntiemern
May 26th, 2014, 04:09 PM
Prayers headed your way Mary.

LindaKay75
May 26th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Prayers are coming your way. It wouldn't hurt to seek a neurologist. Knock on wood, I've never had back problems but my sister does with herniated discs. Next week she is due for an epidural shot, has never had one before, her primary care physician is sending her for it. Oh dear, should I mention this to her, don't won't to worry her.
I pray that you will get better and back on your feet real soon.

Mimis-quilts
May 26th, 2014, 04:12 PM
That sounds wrong, have you gotten in touch with your doctor? I have had several blown discs, had shots, finally had surgery which was great, would do it again and again. I actually have, have done it to three to different discs with great success.

I agree with Claire...had a ruptured disc in my neck last June, with surgery I was back to better than before. I, too, would do it again. Have you seen a neurologist? Don't wait too long, time is not your friend when it comes to nerve damage, the longer you wait the more damage is done. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Slokarma
May 26th, 2014, 04:23 PM
I am going to suggest you call your Dr or call the pain clinic that did the shot. My husband gets great relief from a series of 3 of these shots and he has never once had any of the symptoms you are describing. When DH gets this done, they use some kind of x ray or scan they look at which allows them to inject the exact area they want to hit. They always say they might have to fine tune it..... but they are trying to be precise.

I would call and ask about these symptoms. It just doesn't sound like they hit the spot they were aiming for.

My Prayers and good thoughts are sent to you, but I'd call someone first thing in the morning, if for no other reason but to calm your fears. And of course there is always the ER if it gets worse.

Kgrammiecaz
May 26th, 2014, 04:25 PM
For three years now I have been getting shots in my back. My last shot did not work so they did a second one. The second one was better. I am hoping mine eventually improves so I dont need surgery. Mine is related to having a damaged nerve from shingles.

Follow up with your doctor dor sure. Like everyone said time isnt always on our side

bubba
May 26th, 2014, 04:53 PM
I've been there and done that. Those shots don't take full effect for at least ten days and are not a cure all. I went thru the whole series of three and none helped. The disc finally went back and whatever is wrong is not bad enough for surgery so I have lived in daily pain nineteen years now....It sucks! I hope you call the doctor ASAP and find some sort of relief.

ejgilly
May 26th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Adding you to my prayer list.

ginampls
May 26th, 2014, 09:12 PM
oh sweetie, that sucks. I will pray as well. but yes, Call Dr.

grammakim04
May 26th, 2014, 09:28 PM
It's awful to be in pain, sending prayers your way.

kensington
May 26th, 2014, 10:41 PM
Praying for you. Please be careful.

SallyO'Sews
May 26th, 2014, 11:15 PM
Didn't want to hit the "Like" button, because I am not happy about your being in pain!
But I will pray that your health will return and your pain will disappear.

ilive2craft2
May 26th, 2014, 11:20 PM
Agree with the others that a call to the doc is needed - my mom has had those shots and has not had those symptoms afterwards. Keeping you in my prayers.

GuitarGramma
May 27th, 2014, 12:29 AM
Saying a prayer for you. May your doctors help you--and QUICKLY!

maxwellthecat
May 27th, 2014, 01:08 AM
My prayers and healing thoughts are on their way. I hope everything works in your favor. Feel better really soon.

stationarymom
May 27th, 2014, 02:33 AM
Hi prayers and good thoughts on the way. did you find out if the pain and difficulty you're having is from the shot or your back? I agree with everyone else seek the help of a neurologist who specializes in back or nerve problems.Good Luck!

Andrea F
May 27th, 2014, 03:38 AM
Sending strength and positive thoughts Mary. I hope you are getting better soon. Seeing another doctor might be a good idea.

Sheena
May 27th, 2014, 05:04 AM
Ouch, prayers coming your way.

MayinJerset
May 27th, 2014, 05:52 AM
I just hate having medical problems on a long weekend but it's Tuesday morning so call your Dr. ASAP and hope he/they can relieve your pain.

Bubby
May 27th, 2014, 07:04 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about this. Of course, I will pray for you, Mary. I hope you feel better soon.

Marebear
May 27th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Thanks everyone :)

I called my dr this morning and they were going to call another and get something going for me, I will probaby need to take an ambulenece since I cannot walk at all.

I'll let you all know when something.

Marebear
May 27th, 2014, 05:13 PM
Well back from the dr - I saw 2 drs and a PT. They were confuzeled by my symptoms. My one leg is stronger, but won't move when standing on it, the other weaker leg I can move when standing on it.

Good news is no hip fracture!
So they sent me home in a wheelchair with some meds to see if they help, and some exercises from the PT to try.

I don't think I can sew for awhile :( :(

Grandma G
May 28th, 2014, 08:10 AM
Sending prayers for you, Mary. I had surgery on a bulging disk in my lower back in 1989. I don't regret that surgery at all. The only discomfort I have now is if I overdue physical activity that my body isn't used to and per my neurologist I take Advil before I start the project. As so many have said - call your doctor. You shouldn't be in that kind of pain.

Quiltlover
May 28th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Bless you. Sounds awful and scary too.
My husband went yesterday for a pain shot. The pain clinic was overflowing with patients. Makes me realize how common the problem is. So glad to hear those here who have had the surgery and are now painfree. Is very encouraging. DH is trying the shot and physical therapy route first but will have surgery if those do not work for him. He loves yardwork and that is his main hobby so we want to keep him active and healthy as long as possible.

Slokarma
May 28th, 2014, 08:19 PM
Bless you. Sounds awful and scary too.

My husband went yesterday for a pain shot. The pain clinic was overflowing with patients. Makes me realize how common the problem is. So glad to hear those here who have had the surgery and are now painfree. Is very encouraging. DH is trying the shot and physical therapy route first but will have surgery if those do not work for him. He loves yardwork and that is his main hobby so we want to keep him active and healthy as long as possible.

My husband goes to Cleveland for the shots. He gets the relief after the third shot. BUT, when he added physical therapy, slow and steady, core building stuff, he really, really did well. He's had two surgeries in his lower back, didn't want to do PT till the last time around and he found a PT place and liked the guy who worked with him and he hasn't been back for another series of shots. Unfortunately, our insurance has changed and they won't cover Cleveland's PT place and he has to go see a guy he already had issues with ......(OK you can see where this is going).....Anyways, I hope your husband gets good results. So many people think they can skip the PT part and I saw first hand the difference it makes.

Sue

alliek
May 28th, 2014, 10:16 PM
Please call your doc, something else is going on. I'm praying right now for your pain and discomfort to alleviate.

Elliegirl
May 29th, 2014, 09:47 PM
Mary, go see a neurologist. They will probably recommend surgery. I had a herniated disc in my neck - arm was numb and I couldn't function. Had surgery and feel 100% normal. DH had L4 surgery - also herniated disc. He had shooting pain in leg, pain pills did little. He had 1 hour surgery at 8 am - was walking to the barn by noon that day with a smile on his face. This can be something very, very simple to fix. The longer you wait, the more nerve damage can occur from the disc rubbing on the nerves. This is not something to put off!

Saying a prayer you can get this resolved soon! Hugs.

I had L4-L5 surgery for a herniated disc in January. I walked in on crutches and walked out about 3 hours later on my own. Before the surgery I could bend down and touch my palms to the floor and I'm almost back there. I recommend this surgery to anyone. My stamina isn't quite back yet, but the dr told me it would be 6 months before I was back to normal.

Please go see a neurologist! I bypassed the injections because I had done the physical therapy and was on Lortab for the pain. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

julius
May 30th, 2014, 10:00 PM
I had similar pains two years ago. Went thru back surgery after many epidurals and tests and am doing fine. I know how you feel, want to cry all the time--a good orthopedic will fix you. Good luck, you will feel better!