PDA

View Full Version : Friday!

Blondie
June 24th, 2011, 08:11 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/Days/friday-8.jpg

Happy Friday, Ladies! Wow, do the days and weeks fly pass!

Picked some squash last evening and a few cukes. I think my seed pack was mislabeled for the cucumbers. I purchased straight 8's and they look like picking ones. hmmm. I know we have been a bit dry lately but I have been watering, I promise!

I just heard on the news that N.D. is having a flood that by some is being called a tsunami of floods. What next? Do we have anyone here that could be affected?

Looks like another sunny and hot day - summer is definitely here in NC. I don't like the heat, but, gosh I do enjoy sitting under our big tree in the shade or in the evening. Lightning bugs are everywhere and bring back fond memories of childhood.

Have a great day Ladies!

Loonwatcher
June 24th, 2011, 08:16 AM
TGIF. And a great big Happy Anniversary to my DH of 39 years! We will be celebrating tonight by participating in the ACS Relay for Life. Supposed to rain with likely thunderstorms.....of course! Last year they sent us all into the school gym to wait out a T-storm but once it was over it was rain free for the rest of the night (at least as long as we stayed).

Then it's off to camp where it's supposed to rain tomorrow which is okay with me because I have to (ok, would like to) get some sewing done.

Hope our friends in ND are okay. Thanks for the notice Blondie.

Everyone have a great weekend. I'll be back in touch Sunday evening.

Hugs,

Monique
June 24th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Good morning Blondie and Nancy.

Blondie want to share those little cukes. I could make some dill pickles. Yum yum.

Nancy, good luck on your walk. We had ours a couple of weeks ago. Awesome isn't it. Have a wonderful anniversary!!

Well I woke up to a sore throat and I DON'T LIKE IT!! So I guess I will stay quiet today and try to get rid of this. May as well quilt then. Just feel like crap today.

Not much going on, trying to get hubby to go golfing so I can have some totally quiet time. LOL!!

You all have a great weekend.

quiltingtrish
June 24th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Happy Friday everyone!
The sun is out after some rain last night and I'm just trying to wake up my bones with a cup of coffee before I head out for my morning walk. Yesterday I saw a beautiful yellow songbird and got to pet 4 tiny ****zu puppies - even got puppy kisses.
I'll have to let you know how Dad's cuke's turn out Blondie. We just planted Straight Eights and MarketMore ones last night. He adds gypsum and Miracle Grow potting soil to each hole in everything he plants. The peppers and tomatoes are just starting to pop out on those plants.
Not sure what I'll get in today, but I'm it will be sewing of some sort.
Hope you all have a great day.
Hugs,

quilter.martha
June 24th, 2011, 11:37 AM
TGIF. And a great big Happy Anniversary to my DH of 39 years! We will be celebrating tonight by participating in the ACS Relay for Life.
Hugs,

Happy anniversary to you and your DH, Nancy! Tomorrow is my anniversary with my DH of 28 years. We're celebrating by going to Boston for our niece's wedding! The weather does not look good for it, unfortunately, and it's outdoors. But we'll make due anyway. Good luck with your Relay for Life as well!

bakermom
June 24th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Cool and rainy here. Good thing I was planning on spendind the day sewing! I am almost finished with the binding on the dino quilt. Picked up some varigated thread to quilt the birthday one. BIL said the blackberries are close to being ripe so I know baking will be in my future soon. Don't do near as much as I used too though.

toggpine
June 24th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Morning Gals!
I have my computer upgraded and finally back online! There are several things they don't mention in the directions. Like, oh, how to save all of your favorites and bookmarks, or how to make it actually do anything once the new operating system has been installed and the upgrades to that have been downloaded. At first they weren't sure they wanted to help me with phone support since this is a "Vintage Piece of Equipment". I did point out that the software upgrade I purchased did come with 90 days of phone support, and since this time-sucking-box-of-wires was working BEFORE I installed the upgrade, it was pretty much an issue with the software in my humble opinion. After a few moments of checking, I was shuffled off for tech help. I do have to say that about Apple, so far ALL of the techs I have spoken to can speak and understand english with no problem. I am pretty sure I have not been shipped out of country for help. Three hours later I can once again use my computer. I'll have another session with the Apple geeks to figure out how to transfer all of my files to the new OS.
Anyhow, I still can't seem to get photos to load on to here. But I'll keep trying.
I may get a bit of time for some fabric play this morning after I head down to the barn to check on our newest baby. Cute little thing born yesterday afternoon. His momma is new at this and didn't know what to do with him. We found him standing in the middle of the barn crying. He is fine now and will shortly have a full bottle of milk for his tummy.
Em & I are headed over to Nana's this afternoon to help her take a load of cans to the recycler and a load of junk to the garbage dump. She is having the family over to her place for the 4th of July this year.

Happy anniversary Nancy and good luck on your walk! Martha, we'll hope the weather olds out for at least the ceremony, and happy anniversary to you too! Monique, I hope you feel better soon. Trish, isn't it fun to see so many things on your walk? Baker mom, I don't think I have even seen the flowers on our blackberries yet. We are just now getting a few ripe strawberries.
Off to get to it!
You all have a great day! Cathy

Lenie
June 24th, 2011, 04:55 PM
I can imagine you, sitting under that tree, in the evening. Oh how I would love to see some real lightning bugs, we don't have them here, so I've never seen them. I was hoping to see some, when we were on our camping trip in the Smoky Mountains, but there weren't any.

sewmuchjan
June 24th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Hello all my friends and TGIF. Nice day here on the central coast of CA. Hope everyone out there is doing fine.

I just got the news from my MRI on my back, not good and I have severe osteoarthritis in my whole back. Not much can be done about it but at least I know why I have all this pain and that eases my mind. So now all I have to do is figure out what happens next. I can no longer ride horses so I am trying to find a home for my young mares. My 35 yo mare stays here until she passes. If I have to quit my job I can't take care of them. But the bright side I will have more time to sew!!! I am ok with that. I just have to try and work for 4 or 5 more months so I can pay off my Singer Futura Quartet and I will be ok with my SSD.

My son is distressed and upset about me. I told him I'll be fine. The DDs aren't as upset, one is a RN and the other is a stay at home mom. They did tell me to try and take it easy and not push anything. I love my kids.

So I will know more monday or tuesday after I see my DR.

Thanks for letting me ramble and all.
God Bless
Jan G

Sandy Navas
June 24th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Sending prayers for Jan and her achey-breaky back. Good luck!! Do you sit at work all day long?

bakermom
June 24th, 2011, 07:51 PM
sorry to hear about your back problems. i hope all works out for you.

sewmuchjan
June 24th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Thank you Sandy. No I am a Bartender, yes I can sit but also a lot of walkin and stuff like that. :)

Bubby
June 24th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Hi Blondie,

We're picking zucchini here in Missouri, too. Tomato plants are loaded, but I don't think we'll have any ripe for July 4th this year. Our lightning bugs are visiting us every evening and we're thick with hummingbirds. Isn't summer grand in the country?......Barb

Sandy Navas
June 24th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Thank you Sandy. No I am a Bartender, yes I can sit but also a lot of walkin and stuff like that. :)

I can take anything you can whip up - but please don't mix a martini if my sister is around . . .

Sandy Navas
June 24th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Hi Blondie,

We're picking zucchini here in Missouri, too. Tomato plants are loaded, but I don't think we'll have any ripe for July 4th this year. Our lightning bugs are visiting us every evening and we're thick with hummingbirds. Isn't summer grand in the country?......Barb

I LOVE being in the country and have such fond memories of being raised on the farm . . . life can't be any better than that.

Blondie
June 24th, 2011, 10:44 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/GN/040.jpg

Hi Ladies!

Jan G I am so sorry to read of the osteo. What a total bummer. I am with you on at least knowing what the problem is and deal with it. Will say some extra prayers for you. Here's a ((((HUG)))) from NC! I hear you on the horses. Lots of $$ to keep them up. Wishing luck on finding them a home.

Barb, country living certainly has it's perks. Came home from work, picked some more squash, a few bell peppers, some blackberries, a few decent looking cukes, & told the 'maters they were soooo good looking that I could go for some fried green tomatoes and then just admired all the pretty bloomers in the back forty.

Sandy, it;s about time to do another rain dance. Bring it on, girlfriend!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY NANCY! hope your day and evening are better than ever in the past.

Trish, we always add fertilizer in each hole before we plant seeds or transplant our seedlings. Sure do miss Daddy and his often told and very old sage gardening advice. I remember it like the back of my hand, but, each year he would tell me the same stuff. I know how much you treasure your Dad. Give him a hug for me, would you?

Cathy, glad you finally got your puter set to rights. I cringe whenever I know something is going. Post a pic of the new baby? Poor Momma, she'll catch on, I hope.

Night, ladies!