PDA

View Full Version : whoo hoo Saturday

ginampls
May 24th, 2014, 09:33 AM
I just thought I mark a post as it seems Blondie is not here. and Mon, is not here just yet, so I'll start.

Had a great day yesterday. spent time with DD and her new friend. Abbey is a week shy of turning 11. She has planned her birthday party with out me. On her own she has wrote out her invites passed them out to her friends. but now does not remember how many she has given out and said to them the invitee can bring one guest.... um WOW.. so I say to her. " How many people did you invite?" her response,"I don't remember."
So, ok, where is this party going to be at? Space Aliens.. phew, no clean up....when like what time are they all suppose to gather? I think 7 pm,. on what day? not sure. gaull darn it.. oh my stars.

I am doing good. going to hang out with ma later today. but we are all good. have great day. the weather here is wonderful..

Jean Sewing Machine
May 24th, 2014, 09:42 AM
76888My Sleep Number is 50! Just got it installed yesterday, unfortunately I didn't get to try it out til after midnight, so not nearly enough time spent between the sheets! My costuming buddy drew me into her drama of last minute frantic sewing for a wedding she is doing, which is tomorrow. Last two nights we've been at it til midnight, I think she was done with sewing when she left at midnight! Today I have my grandkids, so no resting today! We're going to a Renaissance Faire today, I'll collapse when I send them back to mom this afternoon.

Have a great day!

MayinJerset
May 24th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Saturday already?! Blondie is busy giving her blue haired ladies their weekly dos so I'm glad you started today's thread.

So much to do and the days keep flying past. Kind of rainy out today so DH won't be putting a coat of stain on the back yard shed's shingles so I'll keep him busy doing stuff indoors with me, I'm sure he'll just love that. He was good about it yesterday as he brought some of my sewing stuff upstairs to my sewing room, I can manage most stuff if I put them in big plastic bags and drag them upstairs but the machine, cutting matt and long rulers can't make it up there that way.

What are everyone's plans for the Memorial Day weekend? We have great grandson's Bday party tomorrow afternoon and on Monday I told DH he should grill some hot dogs - probably the most he will BBQ this summer. I always tell him to cook the hog dogs slowly so they get crispy on the outside but he sears them and some hotdog rolls and calls it cooking so you know that I do most of the cooking in our house. He is good about nuking leftovers for his lunch or dinner so sometimes these little things even themselves out.

Jean your new bed looks great with all your beautiful red, white and blue quilty stuff on it. Hope you get to really try out your new bed tonight and get a well deserved good night's sleep.

Time for a coffee refill. I may be a little slow about this but this morning I wondered why I don't fill the coffee maker up at night so all we have to do in the morning is turn it on. That way by the time I make my toast or cereal my coffee is ready.

Lonna
May 24th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Good Morning all,
Hope every one has a great weekend planned. I will be here at work until 2 or 3 then home. I know tomorrow we are going to put a fresh coat of paint in the living room and kitchen. Will be so glad when that job is all done and over with. Then in a few weekends we will be moving my sewing room into a different room so I can make the room back into a bedroom. But first we need to get a bed. Then maybe Monday we will do a little grilling since everyone will be off that day. But some time in there I hope to get caught up on my mystery quilt and maybe just maybe get the borders on my current quilt.

Have a great day my friends and do at least one thing today that makes you happy.

Ginny B
May 24th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Good Morning. Happy Memorial Day Weekend. Had a great start to it. I guess we actually started the weekend on Thursday night with the baseball game, then yesterday at work it was early close (yay for 4:00 Fridays -- they last all summer!) and after work we went to see a friend's band play. They were good and we really enjoyed it.

Today will be the day to get "house" stuff done -- laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping, etc. I will also sew some I hope. Tomorrow I think we will go to the air show at Jones Beach. got to plan what I will bring with me to do while waiting. We go pretty early and the show doesn't start until around 10 or so. the main attraction - the Blue Angels don't start until quite a bit later. DH loves going. I love going to the beach but I don't like how super crowded it is on air show days.

Monday I think will be a stay at home and enjoy our own backyard day. DH will probably grill something and we will just relax.

Whatever everyone does, remember to give a thought and thanks to our men and women in uniform. Have a great day all.

BellasQuilts
May 24th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Woke up this morning to news of a mass shooting at our local university. Some kid that couldn't get "any" decided he needed to kill everyone he saw. 7 dead and more wounded. He posted a video on YouTube before he did it. His name was Elliot Rodgers and he was a supremely spoiled brat. He was driving a BMW. Please say prayers for the families.

BobW
May 24th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Happy Memorial Day Weekend to everyone!

I don't have much planned for the weekend. We seem to be in the flight path of the air show at the Regional Airport so we have antique airplanes flying over all day yesterday, today and tomorrow.

My neighbor's son arrived from Arizona last night. We all spent the late afternoon and early evening sitting out watching the planes. It was a wonderful time, the weather was perfect!

I got an email from my longest friend from junior high school. He is a priest in OK and he is going to be traveling through here and wanted to stay and visit for a couple of days. It has been about a year since I've seen him.

Tomorrow my group of friends (we call ourselves the Nit-Wits) and neighbors are having a bar-b-que and horseshoe tournament. I'm taking baked beans and buttermilk brownies.

I need to do some last minute things like straightening the house before my company arrives.

Everyone have a HAPPY and SAFE weekend.

shermur
May 24th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Mornin' all!

Cross your fingers...we have a showing today! I'm kind of surprised that we would get any traffic to the house on a holiday weekend. and of course, i'd rather be in my quilt room playing catch up on UFOs!

Please remember our fallen military who gave their lives, please remember dear loved ones who have gone on to their reward. I know I will think of my Mother most often this weekend. It would be so nice to go to her grave site, I'm not sure if there is enough time to drive the couple of hours away and keep up with house showings....

Mom23
May 24th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Sherri, I will be crossing my fingers, toes, legs and arms. Will also continue saying prayers it's the perfect home for some family.

We got home from our motorhome vacation to North and South Dakota Thursday night. Yesterday was spent doing laundry and working in the yard. After 10 days of no sewing I finally got into my sewing room at 10:00 last night. I had to pick our son up from a party at 12:30 so I got some sewing accomplished. We got to stop at Missouri Star on our way home. My goodness, great things are happening in Hamilton. I refrained from purchasing too much but I did get a couple things I had on my wish list.

I'm heading outside to finish up some yard work and get the pool opened up. Tomorrow will be spent on the patio watching the Indy 500 and Nascar races along with grilling out. Monday is going to be a work day at our cabin after going downtown for a ceremony honors our brave men and women in uniform.

Now for the big news, Tuesday I am going to become a Grandma!! The due date isn't until June 2 but my DIL has had trouble with her blood pressure to she will be induced Tuesday. I am so darn excited!! Busy days ahead but I have to admit, life is so good for me right now. I am very blessed.

Prayers and hugs to all in need.