PDA

View Full Version : It's Friday!

Blondie
May 23rd, 2014, 06:44 AM

Happy Friday, Folksies!

I am ready for the weekend, how 'bout you? Yes, of course, I have to work, along with many of you but it is after all, Friday. That magical day of our youth. That mysterious world of what might, could or should be. Of course, my Friday will be spent with lovely and funny blue hairs and tomorrow more of the same. It's all good for me.

My sister has a little doxie that she rescued back last year. Just before this, she had one of her Jack Russell Terriers cross the rainbow bridge suddenly and unexpectedly. She had his twin brother still but the poor little fella was really depressed. I never thought a dog could be depressed until then. Enter little B. (short for Beulah). These two have set a new standard for the expression twitterpated. Last evening, I was at Sis's for a short visit and mercy! That poochie is fairly busting at the seams. In just a week it has been determined that she is officially PG. I started to sing an old song "So round, so firm, so fully packed, that's my gal" I am not sure how long the gestation time is for dogs, it's been so long since we had a dog that wasn't "fixed". I used to raise doxies, so I should remember! lol.

Have a wonderful weekend folks. Whatever your mission to complete - whether it is laundry, landscape, time alone, time with kin, time to sew, make sure it is a time to create something special.

Blessings, hugs, prayers and smiles!

Lissau
May 23rd, 2014, 07:20 AM
blondie gestation for dogs is 9 weeks..

HandsomeRyan
May 23rd, 2014, 07:41 AM
Howdy all,

Today will be a good day. It is Friday before a long weekend. As DJ Khaled said: "♫ (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eWmnhOIW0k) All I do is win, win, win, no matter what! ♪ (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eWmnhOIW0k)"

Sad news: Hennifer Aniston (aka: Bluebird) one of our only named chickens died yesterday. She had been sick for a few days and I was hoping she would recover but she went to live in the giant poultry farm in the sky. She is survived by 8 of her sisters.

Little man was in good spirits this morning before I went to work. He is getting so much more personality and smiling a lot more.

I'm working on a surprise for Mrs. HandsomeRyan. We had pieced a quilt top over a year ago that became my first (and basically only) UFO. We intended to back it with denim and make a picnic quilt out of it. We bought the denim and some flannel for batting but it got shelved in favor of makign new quilts. Tabatha doesn't know it yet but I actually have been working on it and I've gotten the back pieced, the batting pieced, and the entire thing (it is 6' x 7') sandwiched and mostly quilted. We never discussed binding options because we were so far away from that.

My plan is to finish it and invite her on a picnic where we can use it. Here is the top before quitling:
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h170/HandsomeRyan/photobucket-14757-1381187668842_zpsaec89864.jpg (http://s64.photobucket.com/user/HandsomeRyan/media/photobucket-14757-1381187668842_zpsaec89864.jpg.html)

I'm calling it a "confetti quilt" because there were so many red/blue threads visible through the white part of the top that I'm just calling it a design element and I made no effort to re-trim all of them. Keep in mind this top was pieced about 2.5 months into my quilting career and the cutting and sewing are not nearly at the level of the projects I work on now.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Monique
May 23rd, 2014, 07:47 AM
Good morning. I got spirited away for a mini vacation. We are currently in Sudbury Ontario, going to see the Big Nickel. Then off to Manitoulin Island then on to Orillia. I have been scouting quilt stores and antique stores on our route. We will be gone until Sunday.

Have a great day everyone.

ginampls
May 23rd, 2014, 07:55 AM
Good morning folks. sorry bout your sisters pup, yep it is sad. and the dog left behind. yep dogs have emotions and do come to depressive moments, just like us humans. I think it is good you were able to be supportive for not only your sis. but to for her dog.

I am awesome. I live in the northern Red River Valley. the girls here on the forum. are so dear to me. I stumbled on to this site. right after my husband died. he was 42 I was also 42. ( now 48 shhh almost 49) I love these ppl. and I am loved back. the support I got during those Zombie days. man, alls I can say right time right place. I was so effected by their honest concern for me. I just look back, and believed i was totally loved, by complete stranger from all over these here lands, a girl Jill from Great Britten. Blondie from the Carolina's. who does hair, which is awesome. Sandy who is straight south of here. and Jan upstate NY. quality ppl. who were a great comfort to me. every step I took In my recovery was supported. yep, lost the house, had to surrender the dog. moved up north, made new friends, and sewed my way to better, only I wasn't. I needed to get real help. like bereavement therapy. So packed up my stuff again moved to Moorhead, MN. to move in with Mom. I am blessed and I am loved.. now if I could just get everyone to understand me. so sewing.. quilt making. and fellowship of thread kind..

I got a job at a national chain. starts with a J. not plugging then. but I had a great run. learned lots and inside my head it was all mine. met all kinds of craft minded ppl. and had a ball. I haven't forgotten you Monica. or is Monque. Ryan, sure would like to get to know you more.

sandy, I will contact you soon. I lost your phone number when I changed phones. poof all my contacts vanished. that was a hard moment for me. but i'll find you out here. I love you guys.. we will be in touch.

I love you guys.

ginampls
May 23rd, 2014, 08:03 AM
Howdy all,

Today will be a good day. It is Friday before a long weekend. As DJ Khaled said: "♫ (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eWmnhOIW0k) All I do is win, win, win, no matter what! ♪ (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eWmnhOIW0k)"

Sad news: Hennifer Aniston (aka: Bluebird) one of our only named chickens died yesterday. She had been sick for a few days and I was hoping she would recover but she went to live in the giant poultry farm in the sky. She is survived by 8 of her sisters.

Little man was in good spirits this morning before I went to work. He is getting so much more personality and smiling a lot more.

I'm working on a surprise for Mrs. HandsomeRyan. We had pieced a quilt top over a year ago that became my first (and basically only) UFO. We intended to back it with denim and make a picnic quilt out of it. We bought the denim and some flannel for batting but it got shelved in favor of makign new quilts. Tabatha doesn't know it yet but I actually have been working on it and I've gotten the back pieced, the batting pieced, and the entire thing (it is 6' x 7') sandwiched and mostly quilted. We never discussed binding options because we were so far away from that.

My plan is to finish it and invite her on a picnic where we can use it. Here is the top before quitling:
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h170/HandsomeRyan/photobucket-14757-1381187668842_zpsaec89864.jpg (http://s64.photobucket.com/user/HandsomeRyan/media/photobucket-14757-1381187668842_zpsaec89864.jpg.html)

I'm calling it a "confetti quilt" because there were so many red/blue threads visible through the white part of the top that I'm just calling it a design element and I made no effort to re-trim all of them. Keep in mind this top was pieced about 2.5 months into my quilting career and the cutting and sewing are not nearly at the level of the projects I work on now.

I hope everyone has a great day!

I'd go with a RED. BINDING!!!! well done!!

Jean Sewing Machine
May 23rd, 2014, 08:17 AM
Good morning all! Short night for me! My costuming buddy is also a wedding seamstress, and she loves working at my house because I have a huge cutting table AND a serger! She is finishing up a large wedding (12) that is Sunday. And she had tons to do to finish it! So she drafted me last night to help her. We worked from about 2- midnight, I pooped out about 10:30, but she continued til midnight. She is due back today. I have some cleaning I must do this morning in preparation for getting a new mattress, but once that is done, I can help her some more. We will be working on our summer play together, so I need to help her get through this project first.

It's good to see some of our folks back on today, Lisa from OZ, GINA, AND Sewbee's beautiful flowers. Make new friends and keep the old, One is silver and the other gold-- a little ditty I learned in Girl Scouts, it is so true for this forum!

aliaslaceygreen
May 23rd, 2014, 08:30 AM
Good Morning! I have to go back to work today, but I was successful in my pursuits yesterday, despite Sandy being fearful of my intentions!! Go look at Thursdays thread, I posted some photos there...

I work Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but am off Monday!!!
Have a GREAT day!!! ((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))

shermur
May 23rd, 2014, 08:30 AM
HAppy Friday! DH comes home from Arkansas tonight for the three day weekend and he's possibly found us a home. Now, we just have to get rid of the house in Missouri.
It's gonna be busy the next couple of days...I hope to get a lot accomplished!

Iris Girl
May 23rd, 2014, 08:41 AM
Morning all. Its a gray raining day here again. Need to see some sunshine, plus laundry is piling up. # day weekend for some enjoy. Hubby has 3 days off he needs it they been running him ragged and he has not gotten home before 7pm last 3 nights. Me I have sunday off..
Ryan that is going to make a gorgeous picnic quilt. She is going to love the surprise of it finished and a picnic!!
Working on my paper pieced Iris that Pat threw at me. Got a couple more pieces done this morning see http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/show-tell/38994-goodness-gracious-me.html

looking forward to the potholder swap have my design all planned.

Off to work soon have a great day all , hugs to those in need.

MayinJerset
May 23rd, 2014, 08:52 AM
Friday it is and a long weekend too. No big weekend plans other than First Bday party for Great Grandson George on Sunday afternoon, it's a double Bday party as his mom turns 30 - Yes George was born one year ago on his mom's Bday.

Ryan, Great quilt, just perfect for a Memorial Day picnic. Sorry Henifer has passed, had to chuckle over her full name, guess you are a fan of Friends.

Gina - so glad that you dropped in again - you really have come a long way baby. Hope to see your smiling face here more often.

I've recently noticed many of our 'old' members have been posting again, great that's wonderful as we worry when members are missing for too long a time.

Off to do some cleaning

Madeforyouinma11
May 23rd, 2014, 10:02 AM
Morning everyone! Well it's supposed to rain here again today, but not until early afternoon. I have some spray painting to do so I guess that will be the first thing I do before the rain so I can get it inside to dry.
Also need to do some food shopping and pay bills. Started Julia's little rag doll yesterday so hoping to get that finished tonight.
Not much else going on. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

KnitWitRosie
May 23rd, 2014, 10:44 AM
Good morning and HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!

Looks like everyone has been busy, busy. I can't wait until 5 pm here so I'm outta work and off to enjoy the three-day weekend!!

My day started awfully early this morning with a trip to the dr. at 7 am. Bloodwork and an ultrasound and I was on my way. Hopefully my test results will be in this afternoon and it'll put my mind at ease.

I finished up my placemats (http://www.everythingiscominguprosie.com/2014/05/tgifffinish-it-up-friday-easy-peasy.html)last night before going to bed, and started cutting out the squares for my Cleveland Browns Rag Quilt. I've got NO plans for tonight other than locking myself in my craft room and getting some work done :) Hubby took today off, so I made sure to leave him a "Honey-Do" list before I came into work. Grocery store, bank, and dry cleaners. I don't think that was too much to ask. He he he. But... with him running my errands today, that means I can come straight home from work and play all night!

Poor fur-baby may be going to the vet today too :( We woke up this morning and he's limping pretty bad. He's got a bad back knee that seems to constantly want to dislocate itself. Hoping some baby aspirin will help, but if not... off to the vet he goes.

Hope everyone has a FANTASTIC FRIDAY and a wonderful weekend to come :D

toggpine
May 23rd, 2014, 01:58 PM
I'm just checking in. It's a rare "nothing scheduled" day.
I do need to run to the bank, and should pack the kids in and get on that before they need lunch and naps.
I had a molar extracted on Monday, and the extraction site isn't playing nice. The dentist has put me on antibiotics. yea.

We went a picked up three loaner sheep for our upper pasture. I can't put an of the younger milkers in with the 13 year old one, and she can't keep up with the grass in her pasture. So far she has bullied the sheep into sleeping outside and standing under the trees now that it is raining. What is that phrase about old age & treachery?
My friend raises sheep and was willing to send a few out to eat free grass since she knew we had secure fences, and would take good care of them. She has no idea the level of spoiling these sheep might be accustomed to by the time my daughter is done with them.
Sewing time has been pretty limited. I have managed a few seams here and there.

Well, I have to go referee another arguement over Hot Wheels. Ugh.

ginampls
May 23rd, 2014, 01:59 PM
thx will do my best.

Annette Ackley
May 23rd, 2014, 02:54 PM
Good Afternoon everyone. I missed this morning. Been in bed all day yesterday and this morning. I have an inner ear infection. Taking antibiotics and and cold medicine. When I get up, my head just feels like I'm spinning round and round. And I get dizzy. It is the weirdest feeling. I'm so upset, I couldn't go to work, and I have so many things I need to do. Then to top it off, I'm in bed trying to sleep last night and my Cat brings me a mouse and drops it on my neck. Didn't take long for me to jump out of bed without being dizzy. Can't believe she did that. lol I hope everyone has a nice long weekend and the weather is good. Good Day to you all!!!

Simply Quilting
May 23rd, 2014, 06:51 PM
Good afternoon. I stayed off the computer all day to get things done. Yesterday we were suppose to have park day but it rained. So I headed to the city to pick up my sewing machine tote that had came in :) Then went down to check on some housing material prices.

Today we had park day because it was dry enough. Then dh and I worked on packing up more stuff.

Ryan, nice looking quilt. I like the surprise idea of a picnic.

Annette, hope that you heal quickly.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 23rd, 2014, 07:21 PM
Good Afternoon everyone. I missed this morning. Been in bed all day yesterday and this morning. I have an inner ear infection. Taking antibiotics and and cold medicine. When I get up, my head just feels like I'm spinning round and round. And I get dizzy. It is the weirdest feeling. I'm so upset, I couldn't go to work, and I have so many things I need to do. Then to top it off, I'm in bed trying to sleep last night and my Cat brings me a mouse and drops it on my neck. Didn't take long for me to jump out of bed without being dizzy. Can't believe she did that. lol I hope everyone has a nice long weekend and the weather is good. Good Day to you all!!!
OMG! Kitty brought you a get well gift! Looks like it got you up and about really quick!

Miss Sheri
May 23rd, 2014, 07:42 PM
Good Evening friends,
It's just past 4:30 pm here in Utah, and I have finally finished helping get my sons and husband all packed up and out of here for our camping/fishing trip to Flaming Gorge Reservoir for the weekend. My daughter has to work tomorrow, so she and I will join them tomorrow night. In the mean time. . . I am trying to decide what I want to do most. . .

A) Watch 'Pride and Prejudice' with a big bowl of chocolate ice cream and no interruptions.
B) Take a nap
C) Work on finishing up my Periwinkle Blocks, with no interruptions.

hmmmm, maybe I'll do all of the above! . . . just because I can.

Love and Hugs to all of you.
Sheri

Marty
May 23rd, 2014, 10:47 PM
Happy Friday! Third child got her wisdom teeth out Wednesday. I haven't done much sewing because I took off time from work to take care of her and then needed to make up the hours. Child #4 turns 16 tomorrow. Lots of cleaning, etc preparing for his party. Weather is expected to be beautiful all weekend. However it is still getting down to the upper 40s at night. Love it! Great sleeping at night but warm enough to play outdoor during the day. Hope to get back to sewing next week. Wishing everyone a great Memorial Day weekend.