PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Thursday!

Blondie
June 23rd, 2011, 07:52 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/Days/funny-animal-photo.jpg

Good Morning, Ladies!

Thursday as you know, starts my work week. I have made some good progress on the second of the sister's memory quilt this week. I am grooving on the scrappiness of it. I am making it in a quilt as you go method and building it as I go. I am almost completed and believe that they will be thrilled with it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/2001%20finished%20projects/almostdonemary.jpg
Pieced on machine and lots of hand stitching for the quilting. It is so much fun to make the blocks from their Daddy's shirts. I will be starting on one from my own Daddy's shirts soon enough. My mom has been most impressed with this one, we are trying to decide which patterns we like the best.

Hope everyone is happy with their week so far - Susyque, sounds like you had a blast yesterday!

Blessings to all!

Loonwatcher
June 23rd, 2011, 09:04 AM
Blondie, I love that quilt. I think it's so cool to make it from the old shirts.

Today will be busy for me. Work and then packing for the weekend at camp. But in the middle there we have the Am. Cancer Society's Central Vermont Relay for Life tomorrow night....lots of walking for a good cause. I'm obliged to ask....If you'd like to support me at the event all donations are gratefully appreciated. You can make safe donations at my web page...

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11NE?px=9385407&pg=personal&fr_id=31397

Thanks and have a great day!

meemeecyn
June 23rd, 2011, 10:08 AM
Happy Thursday everyone! Cute picture, Blondie. You always find such great ones. Good luck tomorrow, Nancy and thank you for all your efforts!!
Cynthia

quiltingtrish
June 23rd, 2011, 10:24 AM
That turned out really nice Blondie. I love the way you used different blocks and they all go together. Lots of love went into that quilt.

Off to Dad's today. Don't know what we'll get our hands in to today. The garden is planted so I might get some weeding done on a flower bed I didn't get to yet. Plus, there is inside work to attend to. I'll be home super late.

Hope everyone has a great day today.

Hugs,

Sandy Navas
June 23rd, 2011, 10:49 AM
I just took a brief journey to visit vintage prims blogspot and if you haven't been there, you just 'ain't bin'. Thanks for the recipe, too. But the father's day tribute really got to me. 'Nuff said.

Hopefully I will get work on Rita's quilt done today. I did do some FMQ'ing with my walking foot on the Husqvarna yesterday. The first time I used it and I must say it was a breeze. Not as perfect as I would have liked, but hey, I'm learning. I did the bargello piece that I'm going to give to my BFF and then found I don't have any binding that matches. Not certain but think I need to make a run to J's. I have enough bias tape, ribbon, tapes, that sort of stuff fabric to open my own shop but never seem to have just what I need! Drats.

Chilly here today - maybe won't get to enjoy the pool this summer. Early Spring weather - three days into Summer????

Everyone have a great one out there! Where's my buddy Jan? Praying all is well with Emily.

sally
June 23rd, 2011, 11:03 AM
Morning Ladies. Just stopped in to say HI and see what is new. I had been off for three days with the intention of getting most of the house (outside) painted. Was going good until yesterday when I went up on the roof over our bedroom( which is on the second floor) I was fine until I looked away from the wall and OMG I had the worst panic attack. The slightly sloping roof now looked like a ski jump. I even thought of yelling for my neighbour to come and help...maybe call the fire dept. (some of them are sssooo cute) okay I am digressing....anyhow I managed to slide down on my butt and get on the ladder. Needless to say my DH will be pianting that part. THe weather has changed to rain and am back to work today in any event. Speaking of event...our local fabric store is having a management switch and they are having today only for members 50- 80% off on everything in the store. I know where I will be at lunch break!
Have a great day everyone! Hugs from BC!

LynneLeavell
June 23rd, 2011, 11:54 AM
Blondie I love the opening picture. That is how I feel on Monday mornings looking for Friday. The quilt that you did is great. I have decided to take some of my husbands old shirts and make both of my kids a memory quilt while he is still a live. That way they can enjoy it better. Then one day I will get brave and take all of his hats that he has collected (and I mean there is a lot both kids and all three grandchildren will get a quilt out of that) and cut the patches off the fronts and make quilts out of those.

Hope everyone has a great day.

bakermom
June 23rd, 2011, 12:22 PM
Quilt looks nice. She will be so pleased.
I spent Wed. pm FMQ a small quilt with minky on the back. Quite a challenge. I usually tie the ones like that. It looks pretty good, some wrinkles on the border where I think i stretched it some but it should be OK. need to bind it then start on the top for DDs birthday.It's all basted and ready to go. I need to get some different thread for that one. I don't like anything I have in the box LOL. I'm trying to finish up tops I have sitting around before I start something new. yeah right.

Have to add, now that I looked at Blondies recipe-if you toss the berries with a bit of flour they won't sink. Your recipe looks a lot like one I use- soooo delicious!

Monique
June 23rd, 2011, 06:34 PM
Thursday indeed. Did not do much of anything today. I went to visit a dear friend of mine in the next village. I had not seen her since the wedding. We played cards and was taken out for lunch. A really nice time all around.

This morning Greg, my oldest son, caught me on facebook to say hi. He is in the Canadian Navy and was joining an American ship somewhere in the ocean. If he told me where he was he would have to kill me. LOL!! He is working with the staff to counter piracy. That's about all I know except to add that I miss him terribly.

Might get some quilting done this evening.

Have a nice rest of the day and oh yes, Blondie your quilt looks absolutely beautiful.

Sally no more ladders and rooves either. Keep your feet on the ground.

Sandy, doesn't matter what we are working on we NEVER have anything to match it with. LOL!!

To everyone else, stay safe.

Blondie
June 23rd, 2011, 07:27 PM
Hi Ladies,

Longer day at work than usual for a Thursday. Missed all the fireworks this afternoon at the Anthony trial but will get caught up with the ad nauseum commentators. I think I will just watch the video(s) instead.

Sally! I don't do ladders well and definitely NO roofs for this gal. I like my feet firmly planted on terra firma!!!!!!! And I would definitely have a panic attack. Heckfire, doesn't take much to get my sensories tingled. Glad you made it back down safe. How long did it take for your knees to stop shaking?!?!

Ladies, thanks for the comments about the little quilt. I love scrappy ones so this is really up my alley. Luscious thought I was making it for us. Sigh, he never listens! LOL. And Sandy, thank you for the blog plug. I am such a blog slouch and have received far too many emails encouraging me to blog more often. That recipe is good. Trust me. And I also dust my berries with some flour to keep from dropping - should have mentioned that. Do you think I should go and edit, Bakermom?

Lynne, Love the idea of the patches off of the hat for a quilt. I'd have never thought of that!

Okay, gals, off to get my belly full of hot dogs and get caught up on trial stuff.

debinmalaga
June 23rd, 2011, 09:49 PM
Love the quilt, Blondie! Hope everyone is having a great night.

patticakes
June 24th, 2011, 12:29 AM
Hello! Thought I would pop in right before I went to bed & see what everyone was up to. Blondie the quilt is wonderful and I loved your recent blog posts and saved the recipe.
Yesterday I made 40 more blocks for my D9P Surfer Girl quilts. Have to make a twin & full size and didn't think I had enough blocks. Didn't want to have different fabric in each one so I bought some different fabrics and made more. Today I got the twin top done and will try to get it done by July 1st. Pretty sure I can get it done.
Well off to night-night I go!!

meemeecyn
June 24th, 2011, 12:46 AM
Blondie...forgot to mention how nice your quilt looks. I especially like that is was pieced with their Daddy's shirts. I imagine you will get great comfort when you start on your own Dad's shirts. How long has he been gone?
Am off to check your blog! Have a good sleep everyone.
Cynthia