PDA

View Full Version : The start of two weeks....

bubba
May 22nd, 2014, 09:27 PM
It's not that it will be greatly missed, but it will be missed some, just because I know it's away. I took my Audrey (Babylock) in for servicing today. When I bought the machine, I got a four year service contract with it (less than two years ago). Last night at class, I noticed a problem with the tension and figured it was due for a deep cleaning, so I dropped it off after work today.

I had an interesting conversation with the clerk who helped me. When I bought Audrey, I was told that I could trade up within the year and the entire purchase price would go to the new machine. Well, about ten months in, I decided I wanted the next machine up, which I believe is called Rachel. Well, the clerk who helped me said, no that is not true, the machine you are upgrading to has to cost 2x as much, blah blah blah. I explained to her that I had talked to the clerk who helped me (who happened to be my neighbor when I was a small child and had also sold two very expensive machines to my older sisters) in great depth and both my husband understood her to say exactly what I typed above. I took my machine and left mad. I called in the next day or two, not only to that shop, but others in their chain and was told the same thing about the machine having to be 2x the price.

Well, today when I went in, the clerk commented on my little machine and I told her that yes, it was small, but I purchased it for class and it was perfect for that. I then told her the above story. She replied that those other clerks were wrong, the entire price I had paid should have been applied to the next machine up and there was no reason it should not have been done!!! Well, of course, it's now over the year, so the trade up is no longer feasible and I swore I would never buy another machine from them.....now I just have to stay strong.

SallyO'Sews
May 22nd, 2014, 11:25 PM
Stay strong!! You can do this!

BobW
May 23rd, 2014, 12:32 AM
Good machine dealers are so hard to find.

toggpine
May 23rd, 2014, 01:26 AM
My machine dealer sold out. I haven't gone looking for another. I dread having to take my babies in for service.