PDA

View Full Version : Thursday!

Blondie
May 22nd, 2014, 06:44 AM

Happy Thursday Folksies!

What a difference a week can make. I am still getting my head in gear after the company last week; Mom is also pretty wore out but, hey! we ain't complaining. We really had a marvelous time with our kin. We are hoping to have some more visits this coming summer from more of our kin.

Virginia folks and those nearby - did you feel that Earthquake yesterday? Thinking mostly of Kelly, Preeti and Trish - at least I know y'all are in No. Va with Trish being the closest to the epi center. Did you feel the earth move under your feet? Wondering if our Ryan felt it? I know it wasn't a big one, so most likely, not.

Work early this morning, then over to DD's for a few hours before I head back to wash a few more heads. It is her day off and we are lonesome for each other. Her hubs accepted a new job recently and will leave next week for a two week training. Poor baby hasn't been on her own all night long in quite a long time. Hmm, trying to think of WHEN? So, Luscious Larry has told me that next week and the week after I can stay with her. I betcha he changes his mind pretty quickly. He doesn't like being alone either. Me? I dream of it. No disruptions, no cooking, minimal cleaning, oh yeah, I can dream.

Have a marvelous day SMILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bubby
May 22nd, 2014, 06:53 AM
Morning Blondie and Everyone,

I'm up super early again. I have to meet a repairman at our old house early this morning. Jeff and I worked on the pilot lights last night and found a bad vibration in the furnace. It sounds like a freight train coming through. I also want to clean some carpet while I'm there. It's going to be a wonderful day.

I mowed our yard yesterday and ran errands and to WalMart. Jeff and I were both too tired for dinner last night, so we just ate cereal and went to bed. I don't know how we would make it without Raisin Bran Crunch and English muffins!

I've lost momentum on the mini tumbler runner. I just don't have time to work on it right now. Olive snagged herself another turtle yesterday and took it for a spin around the yard. Dottie sniffed it and walked away. Olive loves those live toys! She really doesn't harm them, just plays with them a little. Miss Molly was a terror with anything that got into her yard. She wasn't good about sharing.

Blondie, I'm jealous. I need some Mom time with my DD right now and she's so far away in California. There's no way I can get away to fly out there right now. We talk and email every day, but that's not the same as sitting down and talking heart to heart.

I have to figure out something good for dinner tonight. Lasagna comes to mind. I will try to make a tray later today.

I hope everyone has a blessed day....

Madeforyouinma11
May 22nd, 2014, 07:57 AM
Good morning!
Blondie, enjoy your time with your daughter.
Cereal for dinner...love it on those nights that I just don't want to cook. Hubby loves Raisin Bran, and I like Special K.
Went to my daughters yesterday to work on Julia's birthday party. Will be going over there today too.
Didn't get much done here at home yesterday. I did print out the pattern for Julia's doll so hopefully getting that started tonight when I get home.
Not much else going on so I'm gonna go catch up on reading and then go order Julia's Birthday gifts and get a move on.
Have a great day everyone!

Iris Girl
May 22nd, 2014, 08:04 AM
Good morning everyone! It looks gray and cloudy today with chances of rain and severe t storms all day.
I took Pat's challenge on the Iris and pythagora's lute. Got my fabrics all together, now just need time. Both should be fun. I like paper piecing so we shall see.

Blondie so happy you had a great time with family. I have virtually no family left except for those that don't choose to asociate with us country people LOL anyway being an only child and hubby having only one sister ( if you can call her that) we are pretty much on our own. Mom had a big family there were 8 of them but all but one is gone and the cousins are all over.

Not much else going on except work, Hugs to all the need and want, smile.

rebeccas-sewing
May 22nd, 2014, 08:21 AM
I'm entertaining Joe's associate who is here working with Joe for a couple days. My kitchen table is full of computers and related stuff. It's always fun having company so we can splurge a little in the eating department. I made chocolate, chocolate and I mean chocolate cookies and some healthy oatmeal raisin cookies that could really use twice the raisins and some nuts. Our guest likes them well enough but he's probably being kind. I have a picture of Joe and him on the sofa sitting side by side on their laptops. They won't let me show you but I did send the pic off to my girls. The comment above the photo was, "Dad's having a sleepover!" Gotta go get busy working on tonight's dinner - salmon with a citrus relish, rice pilaf, asparagus and salad with rice pudding for dessert. Then back to better eating habits on Friday. Ten more pounds to lose and I'm hoping I can get there before my next yearly check-up. The cholesterol is slowly creeping up. My ratio is good so the doc isn't concerned but I'd rather see a lower overall reading. I might also have less chance of developing Type 2 diabetes if I drop ten pounds. It's pretty bad to weigh about what I weighed at nine months pregnant with my girls. So far I've lost 6 pounds but it sure is slow-going. Some exercise would certainly help as well. The ol' metabolism just ain't what it used to be. Thank you menopause!

ginampls
May 22nd, 2014, 08:33 AM
hello folks! i got up just fine. was kinda hard, ya know how it goes. I am getting older. and so i am trying not to complain, because i am only almost 49. my knees creek and snap. spring is finally here up in the Northern Red River Valley. Fargo, is a bummer.

I am so out of whack. I have missed you guys so much, I am no longer working at joanns, It was nice., learned more enjoyable pass-times. Hand loom knitting. new favourite thing.. took a turn at Arm Knitting. that was fun!. but today I am working on Duey's quilt. He was very fond of his mom. and she put together a denim top. I am putting it on. and it feels good to be creating. I think I will press the top before I pin. I will try to take pictures and post them but I am rusty.

so my plan for today is. clean, work on Duey's top. and fix up a good meal for supper. oh and take daughter to the roller rink. it is a school fund raiser. they also have the crane machines. DD is a sucker for them. but it is entertainment. so will all be good. so I am off to start my day.

MRoy
May 22nd, 2014, 08:35 AM
Good morning! Thunderstorms are rolling through the area. First one is over and we're waiting on the next one. I got the mowing done yesterday morning, then ran errands and took memorial flowers to cemeteries in the afternoon. Today will be a slow day, snug inside while its raining.

HandsomeRyan
May 22nd, 2014, 09:18 AM
Howdy all.

We got an appointment scheduled with a new pediatrician which was recommended to us by one of Sawyer's Daycare teachers. She has 3 kids and switched to this Doc away from the other one so hopefully it will be a better fit. If not, then we'll try again. We are fortunate that most doctors take our insurance so we are not terribly limited in that regard.

MayinJerset
May 22nd, 2014, 09:22 AM
Rain here too but not storming so our finally mulched plants and shrubs are getting a nice deep drink. Laundry with a Big L today while I move all my quilting stuff back upstairs to my sewing room. I like having the big dining room table to spread out on especially when I'm quilting but I'd rather have the dining room look neat and tidy. While I'm up there I'm going to be looking for fabrics for a Circle of Love quilt top - haven't sent Blondie one in a long time. No big quilting projects right now so I'll also get some doll quilts made for my guild. We give them to a local senior group who have been wrapping them around dolls and teddys for the Head Start kids in their town as Christmas gifts. Senior recently decided to move up the gifting date to end of the school term so as of now we don't have the 65 little quilts they need. They go pretty quickly so I should be able to make at least 5 or 6 using leftover blocks and fabrics as well as small pieces of batting.

Time for a coffee refill - DH brought me my first cup while I was here on the computer and I don't want to complain but he made me a small mug and it wasn't filled enough.

Mpyles
May 22nd, 2014, 09:54 AM
Good morning everyone! I am off work today, thankfully. Seems like it's been a long week already...and it's Thursday! We are halfway through DH's pre-op liquid diet. It's been rough...his fuse is about an 1/8th of an inch long...I just try to be scarce when he seems agitated...last week we had a appointment with his cardiologist for assurance that it was ok to do the surgery and he recommended DH start walking every night 20 minutes...said to start at 10 and work way up to 20. We are currently at 17 1/2 minutes but have faithfully walked daily. We drive over to an area lake and walk the paths there, they are smooth and paved. DH has bad knees so clean surfaces are a good thing. So vicariously I am getting in better shape and halfway eating better. I need to get organized and take my lunch to work. The choices at work are limited for healthy..lol! Anyway, dd is home today and we plan a trip to the grocery store.

Well that's what's happening in my neck of the woods! Everyone have a great day!!

aliaslaceygreen
May 22nd, 2014, 10:00 AM
Off today, in search of newborn toes and giant ducks. Will check in when I can!! ((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))

EnumclawGramma
May 22nd, 2014, 10:02 AM
Morning! I've missed a few days here but I've been reading! The sun has come up and it's going to be a beautiful day. I have nothing planned and so I'm going to visit my sister for the ENTIRE day and I can't wait! DH is having his evening out with our son tonight and there's no reason I even have to come home for dinner! I'm hoping we'll get some sewing done, she wants me to teach her to make a rag quilt.

Off to shower and get a few things done before I leave. Have a wonderful day all....hugs/prayers all 'round!

songbird857
May 22nd, 2014, 10:47 AM
Morning all...
My FIL is having surgery this morning (hubby brought him) on his hand to remove tophi gout from two of his fingers. So I took advantage of FIL not being here and got his laundry going and changed his sheets and opened the window to air out the room... (not always the most pleasant smell in his room :()
It's been very quiet this week work-wise (I work from home as a hospitalization liaison for a geriatric mental health company - I coordinate the nursing home with the hospital when they need a geri-psych bed for a resident; unpredictable hours...) I've only worked a bit over 1 1/2 hours this week (yep, really)...
The good side to that is that I finished a quilt (posted in show and tell :)), and I'm about halfway done cutting for the mystery quilt (yeah, still behind, but I'll catch up by tomorrow...). My co-worker has also asked me to make some bags for her business, so I'll start planning a bit for that today if I have time :)
Looking like rain here... I love rain :)

Blonde Biker
May 22nd, 2014, 10:50 AM
Morning All! have a great long weekend!

LynneLeavell
May 22nd, 2014, 11:00 AM
Blondie I know what you mean about being alone. I love it. My Husband got a new tent for his birthday. He has plans of him, our daughter and her two boys, our son his wife and child, going camping. If you notice I am not in that mix. I do not camp. So I will make sure they have everything they need when they go out the door. I love my me time. That 's why when I do retreats at my Local Quilt Store (which is just 54 miles from my house) I always get a motel room just for the piece and quite.

Hope everyone has a great day, stay safe.

Sandy Navas
May 22nd, 2014, 11:25 AM
hello folks! i got up just fine. was kinda hard, ya know how it goes. I am getting older. and so i am trying not to complain, because i am only almost 49. my knees creek and snap. spring is finally here up in the Northern Red River Valley. Fargo, is a bummer.

I am so out of whack. I have missed you guys so much, I am no longer working at joanns, It was nice., learned more enjoyable pass-times. Hand loom knitting. new favourite thing.. took a turn at Arm Knitting. that was fun!. but today I am working on Duey's quilt. He was very fond of his mom. and she put together a denim top. I am putting it on. and it feels good to be creating. I think I will press the top before I pin. I will try to take pictures and post them but I am rusty.

so my plan for today is. clean, work on Duey's top. and fix up a good meal for supper. oh and take daughter to the roller rink. it is a school fund raiser. they also have the crane machines. DD is a sucker for them. but it is entertainment. so will all be good. so I am off to start my day.

Child gets stuck inside claw crane machine | Local News - KETV Home (http://www.ketv.com/news/child-gets-stuck-inside-claw-crane-machine/25494496)

Sandy Navas
May 22nd, 2014, 11:28 AM
Off today, in search of newborn toes and giant ducks. Will check in when I can!! ((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))

Love you, Trish, but sometimes you just scare the peewaddling out of me.

Sandy Navas
May 22nd, 2014, 11:32 AM
Off for a family visit today - lunch at Li'l Sis's place. Great fun getting us all together.

Storm hit here about 5 a.m. and really shook the place up with thunder and lightening. But, it does look like a bright and cheery day facing us.

Didn't get to finish the binding on my PICU quilt, so Marilyn will be one short next week. I thought I could maybe get it in the mail today but then realizing that Monday is a holiday and no mail delivery - I'd never make it in time. She'll have one in her stack for her late fall delivery.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and if you stop for a minute you can hear the birds singing. Life is good.

Over40momma
May 22nd, 2014, 12:37 PM
Sandy, I live for the sounds of the cardinals, wrens and bluejays that inhabit my little backyard. On the weekend got a glimpse at my feeder of a small flock of some Yellow Finches. You would have thought I won the lottery, I was so excited!!!! lol
Something happens when you get older that makes you appreciate the simpler things of life as if they were a fine wine. I think we finally understand the term "rat race" and opt to leave it to the rats. LOL
Have a great day everyone! And for those south, enjoy your Holiday weekend and keep safe.

WendyI
May 22nd, 2014, 01:32 PM
Hi everyone...

Well today is my first day back to work after being off on stress leave for a month. Came back to find out my office has been given to my boss and I am now sharing a teeny tiny space with my colleague. It's a temporary situation but one that is going to be very difficult for me to deal with...initially anyway. I love my office mate so I know it will be fine once I get my " personal stuff" back up. Our office just keeps growing and we never have enough space...the joys of working in academia! Next year we are supposed to get new space so I'll just have to suck it up until then.

So...if you don't see me so often, it's because I'm back at work and it's gonna be busy!! I will miss my daily visits with you all that is for certain!

Hope you all have a fantabulous day!! xox

tobeysmama
May 22nd, 2014, 04:38 PM
A stormy day here in upstate New York. I am cleaning the kitchen and freezing asparagus. Later on I am going to the firehouse to help cook for our Memorial Day celebration tomorrow evening. I haven't worked at quilting lately instead making doll clothes for my granddaughters. So much fun. I think when the clothes are done I may make each a little dolly quilt. Hope the evening is good for all of you. Jan

aliaslaceygreen
May 22nd, 2014, 10:53 PM
Love you, Trish, but sometimes you just scare the peewaddling out of me.

I am so very afraid to ask what peewaddling is, Sandy!

But I was successful in my ventures today
Newborn toes and Giant Ducks...
For your viewing pleasure.