PDA

View Full Version : Back Being a Night Owl

MayinJerset
May 22nd, 2014, 05:22 AM
Past week or so I have been waking up as usual but have been going right back to sleep within a few minutes but tonight the new pattern has been broken. I've been up over an hour, got the dishwasher going, did some paper work and now am checking the forum. Doesn't seem to be anyone else around tonight but maybe they are waiting for some to call out to them, "Hoot, Hoot, come out wherever you are. come and join me in my tree."

Bubby
May 22nd, 2014, 05:35 AM
Hi, May! I get up so early I think I belong to this group. Either Miss Dottie wakes me up super early every morning or I have insomnia. We have so much going on right now that it's hard for me to sleep.

I just took the Girls out for their first potty of the day and I have loads of paperwork on my desk to take care of. It sure is a different kind of quiet when you're up in the middle of the night. I always loved getting up before the rest of my household when I had an active family. I would sip a cup of tea and light a candle and reflect on life and make mental plans for the rest of my day.

I guess I will check the forum out a little and start a pot of coffee for Jeff.

Have a good day everyone.

Judy, USMC
May 22nd, 2014, 05:35 AM
Hoot, Hoot, here I am! Been missing all the night owls lately. Seems like some have turned into Early Birds!

Made a mistake of taking a nap last evening. So I've been in the kitchen cleaning cabinets since midnight (4:30am here now.) Have all the upper cabinets done. Got the inside of the fridge cleaned. On the list for later today is wiping the exterior and then pulling it out to do the floor and vacuum the back. Then on to the lower cabinets.

Hope to get some fabric cut for the next project too ... still waiting for an on-line purchase to get here before I can start sewing.

MayinJerset
May 22nd, 2014, 05:45 AM
Glad you joined me in my tree, see a few more owls up here but they look like they are sleepy head owls because they are sound asleep.

My you two are busy Night Owls tonight. Don't think I'm as energetic as Judy but I did get a few little things done. Lids are beginning to droop and trying to close so I'm off for a few more hours of sleep before my new day begins so talk among yourselves while I join the sleepy head owls. .

Sheena
May 22nd, 2014, 06:22 AM
Hoot hoot to you nightowls.

Can you please remember to put your local time in your post? It's 10.21 am here but that can be around 4 am in America.

When I'm being a nightowl, it's early eveing for some of you!

Ta.

Judy, USMC
May 22nd, 2014, 06:32 AM
When I'm being a nightowl, it's early eveing for some of you!

Sheena, sometimes I believe that I should be living in another time zone. I think I would fit in perfectly well if I lived near you - but would need a nap soon! Actually I may be better suited for Hawaii. I'm getting sleepy now and it's only the middle of the night there.

MayinJerset
May 22nd, 2014, 08:51 AM
Sheena, My last post does have the time I wrote it, 4:45am - is that the same time that shows on your computer? Hmmm, I wonder if the time changes in the different time zones?

Pat.W
May 22nd, 2014, 09:05 AM
Sheena, My last post does have the time I wrote it, 4:45am - is that the same time that shows on your computer? Hmmm, I wonder if the time changes in the different time zones?[/QUOTE]

:icon_wave: Hi May, your post above showed 12.51 in the UK, just having my lunch now (13.03) all these time differences keep me on my toes, hope you get back to sleep ok.

Quiltlover
May 22nd, 2014, 10:00 AM
If my current sleep pattern continues, I can join the club. Have not slept hardly at all the last 2 nights. Do not know why. Makes a long day tho. I teach a quilt class this afternoon so I hope my brain stays halfway alert. Wish me luck.
Brenda

MayinJerset
May 22nd, 2014, 05:31 PM
Sheena, My last post does have the time I wrote it, 4:45am - is that the same time that shows on your computer? Hmmm, I wonder if the time changes in the different time zones?

:icon_wave: Hi May, your post above showed 12.51 in the UK, just having my lunch now (13.03) all these time differences keep me on my toes, hope you get back to sleep ok.[/QUOTE]

AH HA, Pat so it does seem the times are changed according to our time zones - I posted that one at 7:51am while I was having my coffee and breakfast and your time showed 5 hours later around your lunch time. Very interesting. May.

toggpine
May 22nd, 2014, 05:38 PM
I'm not night owling so much since I have the boys. Lately, I am lucky just to get a chance to pop in here.

The times that show in the red bar are your local time when the post was recorded. So if you want to know that I am responding to this post at 1:37 PM (my time/Pacific) then I need to list that in my post.

Sheena
May 23rd, 2014, 03:42 AM

Thanks for posting your locall time but, no, it showed 2.35 am.

It's 7.41 here and 2.41 in NJ (I just googled it)

Sheena
May 23rd, 2014, 03:46 AM
I'm not night owling so much since I have the boys. Lately, I am lucky just to get a chance to pop in here.

The times that show in the red bar are your local time when the post was recorded. So if you want to know that I am responding to this post at 1:37 PM (my time/Pacific) then I need to list that in my post.

If you're not night owling does that mean you're getting sleep? Oh there will be a lot of envious owls here!

The red bar isn't showing my local time. Do I need to adjust something? My pc is giving the correct local time in it's own time tab.

it's now 7.46. am.

edit: but 12.46 am on the red bar.

further edit, but I think it's 12.46 at M*

toggpine
May 23rd, 2014, 04:29 AM
No Sheena, I'm not getting much more sleep.

I have become a reluctant early bird. I am sooo not a morning person. My son drops off the grandson @ 6:30 now instead of 5 AM, so I have "gained" an extra 30 minutes. I still need to get up and get the farm chores done before the kiddo gets here and I have to get the three-ring circus to the bus stop on time.
I thought my daughter was keeping me busy. These two boys can wear me out. I am day-caring the grandson and we are fostering his little half-brother by a different father 24/7. So normally by 10 PM I'm done.

Tonight I had to finish off a report for a court date on Tuesday, and the site I had a molar removed on Monday is giving me fits. I can't take the pain meds while I'm watching the kids cause it makes me sleepy. I called the dentist today because part of the extraction site seems a bit more swollen and tender than I remember my other one being. He put me on antibiotics until he can see me on Tuesday.
So I have a few reasons why I am still up at 12:26 AM Pacific. I am hoping to rectify them shortly!

I think you can go into your settings and select your time zone location for the posts to be listed in your local time. At least i think that's what I did a bajillion years ago when I signed up.

I'll hoot at you later!
Cathy