PDA

View Full Version : Wed, June 22

Blondie
June 22nd, 2011, 08:10 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/Days/HUMP.jpg

Good Morning, Ladies!

Cathy, sure hope you feel better with that tooth soon. I think tooth pain is one of the worst there is.

Patti, I sure hope you got some rest. We had some storms roll through last night, lost power for about 4 hours. Hubs hates being in the dark. I can sleep like a log. I tried to get him to tell spooky stories but he doesn't know any. LOL. So, while we are listening to the rain pelt and the wind blow, I say, Well, let's think of songs with Rain in the title. Good thing it was dark and I couldn't see his face. He grumbled, I can't think of anything but "Raindrops keep falling on my head". I started rattling off Singing in The Rain, Rythym of the Rain, etc. He growled, you are enjoying this too much. LOL! Poor baby. Now give me a day of no power and I get nutsy.

Going outside to survery the wind damage. At least I don't have to water the garden this morning! Yay! Off to trek outside and then make some blackberry muffins. The blackberries are so yummy this year!

SuzyQue
June 22nd, 2011, 09:57 AM
Blondie--hope your damage was minimal. We have been having quite a lot of night time storms rolling through, but so far just twigs to pick up. The wind does wake us up, though. Sounds like you are always trying to make the best of a bad situation. Love your suggestions for passing the time away. We take electricity so for granted, generally. Enjoy your muffins.
Off for a quilt shop hop day.....just a few on my own, but haven't been to any of these, so will be an adventure. Hope to find new treasures and not spend a fortune! Prayers to all!

Sandy Navas
June 22nd, 2011, 11:22 AM
Off for a quilt shop hop day.....just a few on my own, but haven't been to any of these, so will be an adventure. Hope to find new treasures and not spend a fortune! Prayers to all!

I wanna go wid ya! Waaaaaaaaaa!

LynneLeavell
June 22nd, 2011, 11:32 AM
Hope everyone has a great day. Blondie glad things didn't get real bad. Your husband sounds like mine.

Suzie - Hope you enjoy the Quilt Shop Hop. We have ours in March and it is great. I do the 4 local shops to my house on Friday and then my husband I get up early on Saturday have breakfast and then hit the other 7 shops that are in the Perimeter of the greater Atlanta area. He enjoys meeting the other Husbands that come with there wives and every now there he will pick on some of the ladies that we see at other shops.

Everyone be safe stay cool if it's hot in your area, stay dry and stay well.

Lynne

Sandy Navas
June 22nd, 2011, 11:34 AM
Wasn't it just yesterday that everyone said they would send some rain Blondie's way? I guess I can't send her any of our winds this morning since she sounds like she had enough last night. I told Al that I have a theory about the bad weather. The tsunami and earthquake in the Eastern Hemisphere threw the earth off balance and the poles are not aligned properly. Thus, the earth is spinning out of kelter and this causes unusual winds, rains, thunder bolts, additional shakes and spills.

Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Rita's quilt is sandwiched and ready to go. I have a small lap top (remember the Bargello I got as a bonus in a grab bag from my local thrift store?). I'm going to FMQ it to a piece of fleece and pass it along to my BFF in Liberty. I'll practice FMQ on it before doing Rita's quilt. I played around yesterday with some scrap fabric with batting inserted and found it wasn't as easy as I thought. And my walking foot didn't arrive . . . it's been over a week! Golly, put that baby in the mailbox, okay? I haven't tried on the Husqvarna to see what that quilting foot does . . . maybe this morning.

The DGDs were able to get in the pool yesterday afternoon and we sure enjoyed their time here. Little Zoe shocked us all by floating into the deep end and getting really upset when she was rescued. Unfortunately she is fearless and though the bigger girls are doing swim lessons in July they won't take anyone younger than three. Lara said she may try to fudge it. Good thing there were four adults watching yesterday.

Okay, I've got to tackle some household chores today - and work in the sewing room between loads of laundry. I hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy. Let's pray for no more sinus infections, tooth aches, root canals and crowns, no more lights out, sudden falls, knocks on the head, surprises. Pray for family healing, perfect blood levels, remissions and recoveries. No more aches and pains, itches, scratches, or unnecessary bumps and grinds. Love you all!!

Lisaau
June 22nd, 2011, 01:38 PM
"Fabricologist Resource Center" . . . now doesn't that sound more impressive than "fabric stash"? Sandy l really like that

toggpine
June 22nd, 2011, 03:14 PM
Quilty friends, I am asking that you keep my husband's co-worker and friend, Allen, in your prayers. He had a massive heart attack at work and dropped in the middle of the boat yard. Thankfully everybody there is trained in first aid/CPR and they started working on him immediately. His is currently alive, but has a huge blockage that they are going to try to remove. According to the family, the doctors say he isn't out of the woods yet.
This has really upset my husband. They had been joking about dropping dead on the job a couple of weeks ago. Eric said that Allen was perfectly fine moments before.
Thanks for your prayers.
Cathy

toggpine
June 22nd, 2011, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the well wishes on the tooth. The pain is nearly gone this morning, and no Advil even!
Cathy

debinmalaga
June 22nd, 2011, 09:06 PM
Hello, everyone, hope y'all are having a Wonderful Wednesday night.

SuzyQue
June 22nd, 2011, 11:30 PM
Late in the day.....exhausted, but happy. Found a new quilt shop, not too far away that is awesome! Visited 3 today and didn't spend a ton. Got a few odds and ends, things that made my heart zing. We talked a lot, ate a great lunch, and laughed. It was a wonderful way to spend a Wednesday. Too bad this only happens about once a year! Good-night, gotta get to bed early tonight.