PDA

View Full Version : Blog Lovin' and comments on a blog

coffeebreak
May 20th, 2014, 08:06 PM
This new BlogLovin thing...what's it all about? I know it is to follow blogs, but..how? Why not just subscribe to the blog you want to follow with your email addy? I currently do that but I want to leave comments in another form beside the Google option they offer. Some offer Anonymous and I'll use that but I don't have any of the others ways to follow, like WordPress and AIM etc. I see blog lovin there to join by but not to comment as.
So two questions...
1. give me the low down on Blog Lovin'
2. how do you leave comments on a blog post...other than the google way? I want to get away from Google!
Thanks

Monique
May 20th, 2014, 08:22 PM
I tried to subscribe to a blog and got bloglovin. Not sure either what it is all about.

Peggi
May 20th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Bloglovin is an online aggregator of just the blogs you want to read. You subscribe, just like you would via email, but there are 2 advantages to using Bloglovin. 1.) You can subscribe to ANY blog. Not all blogs are created equal - some do not have the option to subscribe via email. 2.) You can read all the blogs you've subscribed to on any device, anywhere. You do not have to have access to your email to read blog posts. You simply go to Bloglovin.com on any computer and sign in.

I understand your frustration about being able to make comments. There is no easy answer. There are so many different blogging platforms, and they each require different credentials, in addition to the different security settings each blogger can set up on his/her own site. You have to have a blogger profile, or a WP profile, or a Google profile, and I just can't keep track of all those dang passwords! So I have either given up on making comments on certain blogs, or I send them an email, and I preface the email with the reason WHY I am emailing instead of commenting.

Sure would be nice if it was all standardized somehow....