PDA

View Full Version : It's Tuesday and I was waiting for Blondie

Monique
May 20th, 2014, 07:08 AM
I guess I will start today. Today is quilt day (Victoria's Quilts). I had a busy day yesterday. Kids got away around noon. Maizyn took home my magic bug spray bottle. She is terrified of bugs. I hope this helps. I got laundry done and I cleaned the front porch too. The house is pretty well back to 'normal'.

Well I thought we might be making a trip to Boston tomorrow for a Red Sox game, but it is just a little too far. We would have taken the bus, which my son would have been on as well. Yes, Greg is headed to Boston. He scored some pretty sweet tickets from a friend of hubby's, so he has an extra pair of tickets. Oh well. Maybe another time.

Have a great day friends. It is going to be another lovely day here.

Bubby
May 20th, 2014, 07:16 AM
Good Morning,

It's going to be a beautiful day here. The weather is going to be perfect for working out in the yard.

Dottie got me up at 3 this morning and I couldn't go back to sleep. I will need to take a nap when Jeff goes to work. I may get to work on the mini tumbler runner today also.

Wishing everyone a grand day.

Blondie
May 20th, 2014, 07:27 AM

Good morning and Happy Tuesday, Folksies!

Hey Monique, I was up but not at 'em as evidenced by my image above. Some days it just takes me LONGER to get going. I feel kind of like jet lagged.

Yesterday was dr day in the city after I logged off. We had been postponing the visit to this dr because of Mom's prednisone and how it skews the blood work results. She doesn't have to see this particular dr for another 4 months. Whoopee!!

Today is the day I intend on doing nothing. Or going anywhere. Possibly. I would like to be able to sit and sew something; Spring and Summer always finds me at odds with stitching because of all the outside activity that needs to be done. My Middle Son BF is not affected adversely to poison ivy, so I am going to find out his schedule for the week and hopefully wrangle some work time from him in lieu of some home cooked food. For some reason it seems we have a bumper crop of the noxious weed. Hubs and I have been quite itchy the past few weeks. Best stuff on the market we have found to date is called Tecnu products. They make a scrub and a spray and also a cream, I believe. The scrub feels so good on the itches that come with poison ivy. Almost a guilty pleasure.

As mentioned yesterday about family and etc., the "jerk" in the mix this last week, is my cousin's husband. Not that anyone in my own bloodline isn't odd, but, we already know and overlook their idiosyncrasies. Her hubs will be giving all of us fodder until his next visit. Hopefully she will not be bringing him around for another five years. I always thought that Forrest Gump was a fictional character ~ Forrest Gump is actually quite deep, touching and brilliant ~ my cousin's hubs may have the IQ, bless his heart, but not the charm that Forrest has. I am being quite facetious here, I hope you realize that. One good thing I learned from my dear old Mom is how to kill with kindness. Even that went over his head. But not my cousin's. She KNOWS how him quite well, and if she can put up with his snarkiness, God Bless Her Heart.

Off to find the joe. I think I am ready for another cup. Smile everyone. It is Tuesday after all and that is always a good reason to smile.

HandsomeRyan
May 20th, 2014, 07:29 AM
Morning all.

Yesterday did not go as well as I'd hoped but today is a new and better day...

It started with a plumbing issue I was working on in my greenhouse. "Oh, that valve is leaking a little bit. I'll just tighten it up about an eighth of a turn with this wrench..." *SNAP* *SPRAY* *String of expletives!* The pipe fitting sheared off and the hose started swinging wildly and soaked me.
So I went to find tools to fix the broken pieces and my phone rang telling me that my son at daycare has a fever and I need to come get him. :( We got home and Wiggles got some Tylenol and he seemed to be fine [I think he is teething] so we were going to go to the store. ...Mom has his diaper bag in her car and I don't want to try to pack an entire second diaper bag. I guess we'll just hang out here at the house all day.

The good news is: The baby slept from 8PM last night and was still sleeping when I left the house this morning! He is rolling all over the place and ended up sleeping in a weird ball at the far corner of his crib, but he was asleep and seemed to be happy so I'll take it!

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h170/HandsomeRyan/IMAG0139_zpslrmoybyu.jpg (http://s64.photobucket.com/user/HandsomeRyan/media/IMAG0139_zpslrmoybyu.jpg.html)
He started the night on his back, in the center of the crib.

Anyway, I think today will be a better day with less unwanted showers and happier babies.

dwil23
May 20th, 2014, 07:40 AM
Good Morning, all!

Yesterday was a long day with not much sleep. Started by dropping off Miss Kelly Jo for her acupuncture treatment after working my ten hour shift. Then we went to the LQS that is not too far from the clinic. I picked up a Christmas charm pack and four quarters for my black and white I spy quilt, and a bag of scraps - love those bags of scraps! We then stopped for breakfast and then picked up Kelly Jo and headed to the new house. She is showing slow improvement and we will take what we can get.

Checked the mail before taking my nap and lo and behold - a letter from my homeowner's insurance. I have been cancelled again. I give up. So, after spending more than an hour trying to untangle that mess, I told them I would have to deal with it later. In the words of Charlie Brown AAAUUUURRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!! Slept a while and then DS arrived after work and we spent until 10:30 putting more flooring down. Then, took my shower and back to work again.

Such is my life!

Hope everyone has a blessed day -prayers for those in need.

Blondie
May 20th, 2014, 07:40 AM
Ryan, just love sleeping babies. I know that you do. It does sound like he is teething. Poor baby. Poor Daddy. Poor Mommy.
Now as for that plumbing problem - yikes! Have a better day, sweetie.

shermur
May 20th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Morning, everyone.....
I'm not going into work today; I'm still fighting allergies and there is two showings on the house today. And it would be nice if I could get the binding done on a baby quilt and sandwich another to get started on the hand quilting....
Gonna be a busy day, ya'll!

Madeforyouinma11
May 20th, 2014, 08:13 AM
Oh Blondie...that Tecnu product for poison ivy, poison oak and all the other poisons is awesome isn't it?! A little pricey, but so worth it! About 3 years ago I got poison oak while cleaning a spot in our backyard behind the shed. I couldn't wear shoes for almost two weeks! It spread up to my knees. The dr said it was a really bad case and put me on prednisone. I used that product..the scrub and the spray and it's the only thing that help the itch for more than a minute. I have to be really careful now cause he said if I got it again, it would be worse! Yikes!

Well, yesterday turned out to be a little too windy and cool for the work I needed to do outside so I worked inside instead. I will be going outside today as it's going to be a beautiful day.
I really need to start on Julia's little rag doll for her birthday, which is in just 11 days! Crazy! Where did that year go? I'm ordering a little chair for her and her doll and making some little things to go with it.
Well, I need to go finish reading and get on with it, so hope everyone has a wonderful day! Bye for now!

aliaslaceygreen
May 20th, 2014, 08:54 AM
Look at Sawyer...not a newborn anymore, he is on the MOVE!!! Poor toofies...

We just invested in an Invisibility Cloak for Laylabug. This one is of course a licensed character one...Sesame St meets Harry Potter...
It seems to work pretty well.

Have a great day, everyone!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))) ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) if needed~

Jean Sewing Machine
May 20th, 2014, 08:54 AM
Hi everyone! It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood! Spring is finnally here!

I'm trying to get a few things sewn and quilted for Marilyn's delivery next week to the PICU. Got some pillowcases done and one quilt top done with blocks for a second one. Hope I can get them quilted up in time to deliver them to her.

Hope you all have a good day!

Mpyles
May 20th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Good morning! Sun is shining here today! Everyone have a great day!

MayinJerset
May 20th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Seems there is a lot of sunshine today which is always a good thing. Yesterday I shopped by myself at Kmart and farm market with a stop at post office to mail baby quilt to DGD in CA. Farm market has the best and freshest produce, low price on their eggs which are from a local farm and the best ground chuck that I love for meatloaf, meatballs and hamburgers - it is never too fatty and it always tastes great. Today DH and I will do our Big food shopping - seems that the pantry is getting low on lots of staples. Now to think of items needed for meals, that's the part I still do myself as DH would like hot dogs, spaghetti and meatballs, ham sandwiches for almost all meals so he is no help in that department. His idea of eating plenty of veggies is peas, carrots and baked beans. Newest dish I got him to like is angel hair spaghetti with steamed broccoli seasoned with a little olive oil and/or butter and sprinkled with grated Italian cheese. I try to make it with more broccoli than spaghetti. Think I'll add broccoli to today's list as the price this week is pretty good. I save some of the thick stems for our salads.

Enough about food I have mail to go through, seems it's mostly appeals for donations to many charities and bills, after paying the bills there isn't much left to be charitable with. Have a good day,

ravelim
May 20th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Oh that little Sawyer. What a doll. It's amazing how as parents we learn to treasure whole nights of sleep.

Today has to be a resting day for me,too.

Blonde Biker
May 20th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Happy Tuesday morning, all! it's going to be sunny and 73* here. I will finish quilting the beautiful quilt top my cousin sent me. then heading to my new quilt group at 1 pm. I may ride the Harley and strap on the sewing machine. enjoy your day!76436

EmmaB
May 20th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Morning all!!

For those that go out of their home to work, do you ever have those mornings when you start doing this-n-that things around the house and get in a cleaning mood but then you have to stop and go to work? That was my morning today. In my head I would think, "Oh, this'll just take a minute" and after I'd get that done I would see something else that'll just take a minute LOL. I was on such a roll I just hated to stop. There's no tellin what I would have accomplished today!!! I'm hoping to pick up where I left off when I get home this afternoon.

I'm still working on this crazy circle denim quilt. Boy, I'm sure getting tired of this thing. I almost have to beat myself to work on it and I'll be so glad when it's done.

Ryan, I'm so loving the pics of your little man. Just makes my day! Enjoy him every second!!

Whether you need it or not ((((HUGS))))) TO ALL!!!! Have a great day!

BellasQuilts
May 20th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Good morning. Going into work a little late, so got to jump on here early. Have to pick up a water pump. Love reading everyone;s posts. Well, gotta go. Spent all my time reading! Hugs to all.

auntiemern
May 20th, 2014, 01:28 PM
A beautiful day today. DH and I will be going to the Cardinals baseball game this evening. DD was gonna take Gabe, but changed her mind for fear it would have him up to late, so I bought the tickets from her. Not great seats, it is a boyscout thing, but we will go and enjoy it. Haven't been to a game in about 5yrs. It was before Gabe was born, and you all know why that is. Happy to say though, he is doing wonderfully. I can't believe he will start kindergarten this coming year.
Yesterday was exciting. Started off the day with a PM that no one could get into the shopping cart from their tablets. I had no idea what was going on, but Rhonda figured it out and got it fixed. Apparently the store has its own domain or something. Anyway we now have the correct link in the Quilting Cupboard store and on the Quilting Cupboard page. We had 4 sales yesterday, so that was exciting too. Off to read the forum, and maybe work on another quilt today, Have a blessed day one and all.

Sheena
May 20th, 2014, 01:50 PM
It's great to hear about your Tuesdays.

Can I start a Tuesday thread? I'm up and about well before you people further west. Or would that be cheating because my morning gets here before yours does? :D

rebeccas-sewing
May 20th, 2014, 02:28 PM
It's quite warm in Barrn today! I've really been enjoying the garden out back. There's a planter that was empty and just crying out for something to be planted there. Today I went to the market to get in groceries for company we're having the next couple of days. I saw lots of spices in pots in the fresh produce department so I grabbed 4 and planted them. I'm going to really miss this garden when I have to leave here. It's so charming!

ginampls
May 20th, 2014, 04:40 PM
hey there. anybody miss me? i had trouble getting back on to the site. but i am back.