• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KnitWitRosie
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2014

What Happens When You Make Your Fur-Baby Mad

Saturday night Hubby and I went on a double-date with some friends. I had no clue where they were taking me (the three of them knew, but not me), and all I was told was to be ready to go at 5:30 pm.

I got tied up in my sewing room for the morning and ended up getting dressed in a hurry to go out. In my rush to get ready, I forgot to pickup my knitting bag off the floor from next to my bed and put it on my dresser. Honestly, I figured it would be OK since my iPad was sitting on top of my knitting in the bag. Wow, was I wrong!! He gets mad at us when we leave him home alone for long periods of time, and especially on weekends where we haven't had a chance to pay much attention to him. That's exactly what happened this time.

Not only did my fur-baby Vito get into my bag, he managed to move my iPad out of the way and knock it on the floor (it's in an OtterBox and OK), and then he pulled out my entire knitting project and had a field day with it.

Fortunately, the project on the needles is OK, but the working skein of yarn is now just a tangled mess :-(

Unfortunately, it's really hard to stay mad at this face for too long. Lol. Lesson learned... never doubt the abilities of a dog.
    ~ Rosie ~

Shop: It's Coming Up Rosie

~ The "Dream Team" ~
    "Penny" - Brother VQ2400" ~ "Leia" - Brother PR655 6-Needle Embroidery Machine
    "Rosie" - Viking Eden Rose 250C ~ "Pearl" - Viking Designer SE LE
    "Thor" - Juki TL-2010Q ~ ~ "Sally" - Singer ProFinish Serger ~
  • songbird857
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2014

Re: What Happens When You Make Your Fur-Baby Mad

We had a dog years ago - didn't know much about raising dogs back then. We left him for a long period one day when we went to the museum of science with the kids.
    Oh, did I mention that we had gone shopping at Walmart and Payless the night before and had purchased new shoes for the entire family (2 pairs each for the kids)?
    Oh, maybe, just maybe... we left all of the shoes in the kitchen.
    Guess what we came home to...
    wait for it....
    I swear this dog knew what he was doing...
    He chewed ONE shoe from each pair enough so that they weren't wearable.
    yep.
    I actually brought the shoes back to the store and explained what happened - I'm sure the salesperson was holding in quite a chuckle as she politely said that there was nothing she could do (hey, we were broke... those shoes were a major purchase at that time! )

Comment

• MayinJerset
      Missouri Star
      • May 2012

No doggie here but DS#3 was away overnight the past weekend and his kids, 13 - 17, we at their Mom's; They were to go to his house and check on Stella, the dog - let it out into the backyard for awhile, put out feed and water, etc. and then put Stella in her cage. Either they didn't lock the cage door securely or Stella is a master lock picker but she got out and went in son's closet and chewed some shoes and slippers, only one from each pair just like songbird's dog.

Comment

• Vonnie
        Missouri Star
        • Apr 2013

How about when they poop on the carpet and then pace back and forth through it and all over the carpet. That's what our 60 pound house dog did because we did not take him with us.
        Vonnie

Comment

• KnitWitRosie
          Missouri Star
          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Vonnie View Post
          How about when they poop on the carpet and then pace back and forth through it and all over the carpet. That's what our 60 pound house dog did because we did not take him with us.
          Oh, he pooped on the carpet too... right in the upstairs hallway and then again on the floor in our bedroom right where you would step to get in/out of bed! He's a sneaky little bugger!
          ~ Rosie ~

~ The "Dream Team" ~

Comment

• Dollyquilts
            The Guild President
            • Jan 2014

I went out of town Saturday morning. Unbeknownst to me, my doxie sneaked into the garage behind me when I left. She must have exited the garage when I was closing the door and triggered it to reopen. My dogsitter found her in our drive when she came later. It's miraculous I didn't back over her in the garage or she didn't get lost or run over. So thankful I still have my bratty little girl.

Comment

• RiverMomm
              Missouri Star
              • Apr 2012

ooohhhhhhh . . . a basset hound. Our Buddy was the most lovable and most STUBBORN dog I have ever known. He was a great dog for my boys when they were young. His best choice was to chew each and every rung on the wooden banister in the front entry way. sigh

Comment

• Lisapc
                Missouri Star
                • Oct 2012

My male Blaze knocks my son's toys over when he is angry with us. Actually he knocks over anything he feels like including the dining room chairs, gates and more. You say no, he argues, you say no again he argues, you say no and off he is knocking things over.
                Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Comment

• Gina
                  Missouri Star
                  • Feb 2014

My oldest mini schnauzer (Chief) has destroyed more things than I can count. My hubby got him for me when we lived in Missouri. One day we had came home from work and he had knocked a candy dish off the coffee table. It was full of peppermint and hershey's kisses. Well if you have ever seen a mini schnauzer you can imagine the horror. Peppermint and chocolate matted in his beard! Lucky for him the candy didn't hurt him! You think he would have stopped at that, but Nooo! He had gotten into our magazine collection too! About half a dozen...They were in teeny tiny pieces all over the living room floor! I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened the door and saw all of it! LOL. I decided to take some pictures of it all ( knew no one would believe our story of what he had done ). A few days later I got the pictures developed and when I got home I laid them on the bar...The next morning when we got up....yep....he had gotten on the back of the sofa and got the pictures off the bar chewed up all but one. LOL. (He was trying to get rid of all the evidence I guess) Really need to look for that picture it would be a great share! After moving back to Alabama we decided to adopt another mini (Bo) to keep Chief out of trouble while we were gone. So far it has helped a lot.

Comment

• pcbatiks
                    Missouri Star
                    • Mar 2012

I think Vito has been working on that "Who Me?" look!

When one of our dogs gets into something........we ask them.......Did you do that? One of them will turn her head away from the problem area. If it was our other dog she just looks at us with a blank stare! We can always tell which one did it.

I forgot this one until Gina mentioned the chocolate. My parents were keeping our dogs for us a couple of years ago around Easter time. She had put chocolate bunnies on the guest bedroom bed for the grandkids. My dad heard some noise in that room........he found our ninja dog on the bed eating the bunnies. Luckily they are mostly waxy chocolate & it didn't hurt her! They had a huge golden retriever at the time and he did not bother with it.
                    Last edited by pcbatiks; May 19, 2014, 10:46 PM.
                    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• stationarymom
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jun 2013

we had a springer spaniel yrs ago and the older she got it seems like the more anxiety she experienced. when we would leave she would tear into the trash and spread it from one end of the house to the other. the vet said she was experiencing seperation anxiety.
                      :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

• KnitWitRosie
                        Missouri Star
                        • Apr 2014

I hate to say this, but I'm glad to see that my Vito isn't the only one who is bad when we're away.

Oh, he's gotten into the chocolate, ate two dozen petite-fors that were for my sister's bridal shower the night before the shower so I had to remake them all, ate an entire bottle of carpet shampoo (found out about that one when he started pooping bubbles), and the list goes on and on.
                        ~ Rosie ~

~ The "Dream Team" ~

Comment

• VickiJ
                          Batting Beauty
                          • Jul 2013

This is exactly why I'm smart enough not to have pets! LOL - I know I am not the type of personality that could deal with these types of messes, along with all the other care and attention animals need on a regular basis.

I always pride myself on not giving in to the absolute ADORABLE-NESS that I know also comes in droves with furry children because I think ultimately, I would not be a very good parent. And that's not fair to the kids.
                          Vicki
                          Is a Nine Patch part of a 12-Step program? :icon_beuj:

Comment

• Bubby
                            Missouri Star
                            • Jun 2011

Jess,

Don't you love dogs who can do "stuff". Dottie loves to go through purses to see what she can find. It tickles her to find gum or mints and Kleenex. I'm thinking of giving her one of my old purses.
                            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• KnitWitRosie
                              Missouri Star
                              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
                              Jess,

Don't you love dogs who can do "stuff". Dottie loves to go through purses to see what she can find. It tickles her to find gum or mints and Kleenex. I'm thinking of giving her one of my old purses.
                              Oh, Vito LOVES his paper.... tissues, paper towels, newspapers.... He even ate one of Hubby's paychecks once!! Try explaining that to your employer. Lol "Um... I need a new check because my dog ate the original one." Ha ha ha
                              ~ Rosie ~

~ The "Dream Team" ~

Comment

Working...
                              X