PDA

View Full Version : so how is the season going for all of you

ginampls
December 10th, 2009, 03:04 PM
So , How is the season going for ya all out there? i want to know. mine is good. cold here in mpls, 4 below this am to get Abbey off to school. has any one ever heard of Mother Berta, and her goat Skaggi? a female st nick type....???

quiltingtrish
December 12th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Mother Berta? Nope, doesn't ring a bell with me.

Looks like everyone is busy. I know I have been. Right now I am trying to kill time waiting to take my daughter to her indoor soccer game. There isn't enough time to start on something when I need to pull things out.

I'm still trying to get the 3 I SPY's done and have decided it won't be a problem to get the tops done but will tie them instead of quilt them. Haven't done that before but since they are special I SPY's, they won't be on the beds or washed much.

I also have a quilt to pick up and then put a binding on it and return it to be delivered by Christmas. A friend has cancer and a group of us decided to make her a quilt for Christmas. My part is just the binding (after I did a block for her).

Haven't decorated yet. That will be next weekend. We don't leave the decorations up for too long, if I don't get everything put away by New Years and the time we start back to school, they are up until Valentines Day.

Hope you are all having a good day. Cold here, but not too bad.

Hugs,
quilting trish

Carmen
December 17th, 2009, 02:06 AM
I love this season, but it has been miserable so far this year. My whole family has been taken out by colds and flu. My 6 month old had it the worst, and when they're that young, they can't blow their nose so I have to use one of those "snot-suckers" (ewwww!). The good news is that we're almost all back to 100% health, so now its time for family get-togethers, sledding, skiing and more. I'm just glad that we got the sickness over with (knock on wood) before the 25th. :P

debinmalaga
December 18th, 2009, 12:56 PM
As a semi empty nester (two sons out on their own, a daughter in college) it's been kind of a ho-hum season. Thinking up the right gift cards instead of racing around trying to find the perfect toy - definitely more peaceful than those Christmases, but not nearly as much fun.

But I'm trying to rev up my holiday spirit, planning to do some baking this weekend so there are goodies on hand for when the kids visit. Sprucing up the decorations a little and planning some special meals, but nothing like the busy-ness of those who are younger moms or grandmothers.

Vicki
December 18th, 2009, 02:23 PM
It was pretty quiet around here until last Sunday when our youngest daughter, hubby and 3 chihuahuas came to visit! They are in the process of relocating from VA (Navy) to Denver (ex-Navy) and spent 5 days with us. What a zoo with 5 dogs, 2 cats and 5 people (our oldest daughter is living with us for the time being)! They got some needed rest, we took in a good blues band at BB King's in Nashville, and drove by the light display at the Grand Ole Opry. We spent all day yesterday making candy which was fun, but I'm totally pooped! I was sad to see them go this morning, but knowing that Denver is a quick flight and close to our "home" makes it better.
I haven't done much decorating since we're remodeling but the tree is up so that's good enough for me!

sondray
December 21st, 2009, 12:38 AM
It was fine until Saturday, we got about 2 feet of snow. I hate snow!! lol

debinmalaga
December 21st, 2009, 11:31 AM
We got about 18" here in NJ. I'm not a fan, either!