PDA

View Full Version : Happy Monday Morning

Blondie
June 20th, 2011, 08:07 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/Days/HappyMondayKitty.gif

Good Morning Ladies!

Hoping everyone is rested and ready for the new week. Have some running to do - not too far as I need two new tires. Hoping to find some at a decent price this week. Never ending list of things needing to be purchased/replaced. ugh

Our little cook out was pleasant yesterday; Mom didn't feel like being too merry, so, Sis, BIL, Luscious and I enjoyed our burgers anyway. The kids all called the Man, he received a few gift cards, so, all in all, a decent day for him.

Planning on stitching while I watch the duh-fence continue their case in chief on the Casey Anthony trial. Better than watching a soap.

Okay, ladies, will check in later. Smile lots and thank the good Lord for all your many blessings

Luvngrammy
June 20th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Have a Wonderful Monday!

Luvngrammy From PA!

Monique
June 20th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Well I had a most wonderful weekend. Had dinner at friends on Friday night. Went out for lunch on Saturday AND I got to babysit my grandbaby. WOOHOO!!!

Last night I got to quilt a little. Will try and get a pic of it soon.

We might take a drive today to husband's hunt camp and possibly cut the grass. It is going to be a wonderful day to do this. Just hope the horse flies and deer flies don't carry us away.

No one is to have a bad day ok?

Loonwatcher
June 20th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Oh Blondie, your pic is too funny. Wish I could train my cat to do laundry (other than sleeping on is and getting it all hairy).

Another work week for me. Can't to too far in my car either because need a wheel bearing (whatever that is) which is not good. Just did one last week. UGH!

Mailing my patriotic blocks today and got a good start on a friendship braid lap quilt. Enough to take into my LQS to pick out some of the sale fabric for borders.

Have a great day,

Sandy Navas
June 20th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Good Morning. I'm sitting here feeling very, very sorry for Blondie's poor kitty. She looks like she has scoliosis on top of her heavy load of laundry. She must be Chinese though - because I know that bra won't cover all her goodies.

Off to take Ms. Rita Anne to have a tea party this morning. Other than that I THINK I can sew. Mowed yesterday (3 1/2 hours on the mower) and couldn't move enough to get to the sewing room once I finished that chore. Ah, the problem with huge yards . . .

Everyone take care, have a great week, enjoy family and friends, get well, hug your significant others, and know that I have prayers being sent for those in need.

Shirley
June 20th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Hi Blondie!! So happy to hear that you are doing better! I too have sewn a binding on a quilt so I can sit in front of the TV and watch the Casey Anthony case while finishing the binding. Can't just sit here and do nothing. Well, do you think she is guilty?? Wonder what the jury thinks?
Have a great day everyone! :)
Shirley

meemeecyn
June 20th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Good Monday morning, everyone! It is nice and sunny, with a light breeze blowing and just simply gorgeous! Really laughed when I saw your kitty, Blondie. You find the greatest "greetings" on your posts! And Sandy always makes me chuckle with her comments! I love checking forum messages....either I laugh, learn something, get to meet someone new or strengthen bonds already made. What a great bunch of women (and a few men!) you all are!
Have a great day, quilting or not.
Cynthia

bakermom
June 20th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Had quite a nice weekend. went to DD and SIL's for a fathers day picnic. Excellent food. I got a bit of sewing done although not as much as I had planned.

janluna
June 20th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Sunday was a quiet day for us. Two of our kids called Daddy to wish him a happy fathers day. I didn't expect the third one to call. My son John and his wife have split up but she called anyway. This is a heartbreak for us. Maybe they will get back together, who knows anymore with our kids.
I'm doing laundry and just mopped the floor in between loads.
Hope everyone has a sunny and blessed day! Love you all, Hugs, Jan

Blondie
June 20th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Hi Blondie!! So happy to hear that you are doing better! I too have sewn a binding on a quilt so I can sit in front of the TV and watch the Casey Anthony case while finishing the binding. Can't just sit here and do nothing. Well, do you think she is guilty?? Wonder what the jury thinks?
Have a great day everyone! :)
Shirley
Shirley, I think she is as guilty as the day is long and can I add a big Grrrrr! to what has happened today? Very unsatisfying for court groupies. Still, I did get a few strips sewn and quilted to go along with the quilt I am making.

Blondie
June 20th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Good Morning. I'm sitting here feeling very, very sorry for Blondie's poor kitty. She looks like she has scoliosis on top of her heavy load of laundry. She must be Chinese though - because I know that bra won't cover all her goodies.

Off to take Ms. Rita Anne to have a tea party this morning. Other than that I THINK I can sew. Mowed yesterday (3 1/2 hours on the mower) and couldn't move enough to get to the sewing room once I finished that chore. Ah, the problem with huge yards . . .

Everyone take care, have a great week, enjoy family and friends, get well, hug your significant others, and know that I have prayers being sent for those in need.

LOL!! at the bra and cat comments, Sandy. too funny

patticakes
June 20th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Hiya! Had a great weekend. We all went to watch BF's son #3's baseball game and they all (with the exception of the ex-wife..lol) came to our house for a cookout of steak fajitas. Swimming was enjoyed by all and I was relieved it did not rain. At 10 pm, BF and I piled in the car to drive son #2 back into Chicago where I had to take a tour of his new apt. By the time we got home we were beat!
I am still suffering from bad sinuses but taking some OTC meds that are helping.
I did get lots of 7" blocks cut for the Surfer Girl D9P quilts and hope to get them stitched for cutting some D9P soon. Want to get at least the twin quilt done within the next couple of weeks!
Off to take a hot shower to see if that helps my head!
Take care!

toggpine
June 21st, 2011, 12:33 AM
Hi All!
This weekend was spent in a frenzy of purging and cleaning. I used the company coming as an excuse to get some things done around here.
Em now has a big girl room. The crib is down and stored out in the shop along with the boyish linens and the books suitable for babies & toddlers. I have a load in the back of the car to drop at Goodwill tomorrow.
Now I just have to try to keep on top of all of this cleanliness and finish off the bits that didn't get done. I have a few window jams that still need to be cleaned out of the muck they accumulated over the winter. Not to mention the master bedroom closet that needs to be gutted and then have the closet organizers we brought from the other house installed. Then I wouldn't be so afraid that I'll be pelted by avalanching sleeping bags every time I open the door! I am also thinking of installing an electric fence around all flat surfaces to keep the family from just dumping stuff on the closest one available!
I am exhausted. I think I'll go change into sweats and try to stay awake until my hubby gets home from plate shooting with the guys at the rifle range.