PDA

View Full Version : Give that man a big hug - it's Father's Day

Blondie
June 19th, 2011, 07:39 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/holidays/Mothers%20Day/fathers-day-sample.jpg

Always a special day around here - father's day. I am making a big breakfast for hubs and we will grill out again. Love to cook outside everyday if I could! We will get Mom and I expect her to be a bit weepy. Last year on Father's Day, Luscious and I took the folks to Mabry Mill up the road a bit in Virginia. It was Daddy's last really good day. We picnicked and at the Mill, there were folks flat footing to lots of fun music. I did a little flat footing but I am not good at all. I just love moving my feet. LOL. I expect the kids will be calling Luscious and possibly have our girl drive by, if her work schedule permits it.

Hope everyone enjoys a special day, relaxing and appreciating a good husband and Daddy.

meemeecyn
June 19th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Yes, Blondie! Will be thinking of you too as you remember your Dad. There is a special bond between Daddys and Daughters. Mine has been gone since 1975 and I still miss him wicked.
Have a great Sunday everyone!
Cynthia

Sandy Navas
June 19th, 2011, 08:57 AM
MAY ALL THE WONDERFUL FATHERS IN THE WORLD HAVE THE MOST SPECIAL DAY AND ENJOY THE HONORS THAT ARE BEING UPLIFTED TO THEM, not only today, but everyday.

I got the biggest kick out of the granddaughters as they try to come up with something very special for their daddy. One painted a special picture, one has a flower pot with seeds in it, one decorated a wooden picture frame with foam letters and poster paint. I don't think anyone bought Daddy a necktie. I do believe further celebrations today will depend on the weather and what the afternoon holds after church.

I did finish piecing the top to Rita's quilt yesterday. I cut the border and want to get it put on today - in between cleaning the kitchen and doing some laundry. I am so excited about it as it is definitely a little girly quilt and I know she will love it.

RIP Daddy - I miss you, too!!

Susan M
June 19th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Father's Day just reminds me of how much I miss my dad. He has been gone for 12 years now, but I miss him every day as he was my best friend. Have a good day everyone.

quiltingtrish
June 19th, 2011, 10:40 AM
I am so very lucky - I am headed to Dad's today and will probably work in the garden with him. I've had him for 53 years and hope for lots more. He is 85 these days and is starting to slow down a tad, but still spunky! Happy Fathers Day Dad!

Hope everyone has a great day no matter what it brings.

Hugs,

debinmalaga
June 19th, 2011, 01:19 PM
I lost my Dad 10 years ago, but always try to make the day special for Mike. He's raised my kids from toddlerhood to adulthood, and they're a credit to him in every way. Special thoughts to all the Step-Dads who stepped up!

Monique
June 19th, 2011, 09:15 PM
I lost my father 25 years ago. Still miss him to this day. He would be proud of his grandchildren and love his great grandchildren even more. Hope every Dad had a wonderful day.

Blondie
June 19th, 2011, 10:12 PM
I lost my Dad 10 years ago, but always try to make the day special for Mike. He's raised my kids from toddlerhood to adulthood, and they're a credit to him in every way. Special thoughts to all the Step-Dads who stepped up!
Amen to that one Deb - makes one really understand and appreciate that any man be a father but it takes someone special to be a Daddy!